Phophiditic acid question

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
TITLE I MEANT PHOSPHATIDIC ACID

I've been taking PA for 4-5 months now, I thought it was helping and I have a show in 10 weeks so I thought why stop! So by then It will be 6-7 months I've been taking it. Should I take a break then, is a break needed with this stuff?

Last edited:
Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
A break is not NEEDED but I prefer to take a washout period. 2 months on 1-2 weeks off.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
With PA I feel i could take that 24/7 365. I love that product. I do take breaks but more due to just having to spend the money haha

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No need to take a break, although some people (including me) like to take breaks off just so I can feel it working after the break.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The phosphatidic acid studies ran for 8 weeks. That said, I don't believe it's the type of ingredient where there's any actual benefit to cycling. Plus if you're getting it from soy lecithin, that has a number of other benefits as well (decreased soreness, lowered LDL and total cholesterol, blunting cortisol). I've been using it without breaks for almost two years now.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Soy lol

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use sun flower lecithin to be on the safe side .

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
TITLE I MEANT PHOSPHATIDIC ACID

I've been taking PA for 4-5 months now, I thought it was helping and I have a show in 10 weeks so I thought why stop! So by then It will be 6-7 months I've been taking it. Should I take a break then, is a break needed with this stuff?
Don't people report a bit of a bloated side effect from taking this? If so, I would obviously cut it out in the last few weeks leading up to your competition.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't people report a bit of a bloated side effect from taking this? If so, I would obviously cut it out in the last few weeks leading up to your competition.
From Soy Lecithin Granules, not a concentrated product.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The only one I have tried is Cutler King. Ran 2 bottles and even though it is cheap, I just did not have any tangible benefits. However, this does seem to be one of the least recommended PA products.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only one I have tried is Cutler King. Ran 2 bottles and even though it is cheap, I just did not have any tangible benefits. However, this does seem to be one of the least recommended PA products.
The original King was a great product. It used Mediator PA, which is high quality, standardized for 50% PA, so you were definitely getting your 750mg/day PA from it, and it was priced well for a concentrated PA supplement. Then, for whatever reason, they switched out Mediator for "Activator," and the new formula as 1g total between this and Niagin, which I think they said was dosed around 200mg or so, leaving less than 1g for sure for the Activator. Now, there is really no information available on this "Activator," despite the TM after the name, and also no information on who owns the TM, or what it's standardized for at all. Now, I recall something about it being more cost effective, but considering that Mediator 50% is pretty much the gold standard for concentrated PA, it seems highly unlikely that this Activator is more highly concentrated than Mediator, and that they would be so quiet about the standardization and not answer any questions about the PA content. It seems likely, based on basic math and knowledge of PA supplements, that it doesn't have 750mg/day PA like the studies used and the old King had. Hope that helps. There was a big "debate" over this switch to Activator over on another forum a while back, and no real answers were given on what it really is.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good point. I'll share my experience:

I noticed a little water retention for a few weeks when I first started taking it, but that subsided shortly after. I've used Tr1umph/Granules all the way down to ~8-9% body fat and noticed no bloat whatsoever. If anything, I would personally want to keep taking it right up to the competition due to the added muscle fullness.

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
The phosphatidic acid studies ran for 8 weeks. That said, I don't believe it's the type of ingredient where there's any actual benefit to cycling. Plus if you're getting it from soy lecithin, that has a number of other benefits as well (decreased soreness, lowered LDL and total cholesterol, blunting cortisol). I've been using it without breaks for almost two years now.
Would I get the same benefit from using granules as oppose to buying a product with its extract in it

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would I get the same benefit from using granules as oppose to buying a product with its extract in it
With soy granules, you additional health benefits.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With soy granules, you additional health benefits.
Exactly. You get other cholesterol lowering benefits (total and LDL), cortisol modulation, etc. PA isn't the only useful phosphatide in there. Unless your calories are so low that you can't spare the 100 or so kcal from granules, I'd go with either the actual granules or Tr1umph (which utilizes soy lecithin standardized for the important phosphatides, plus other beneficial ingredients).

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Y'all are getting me curious about trying this again. Damn you! The last thing I need are more supplements floating around! Triumph is certainly intriguing...

macwad

Awards
  • Established
Y'all are getting me curious about trying this again. Damn you! The last thing I need are more supplements floating around! Triumph is certainly intriguing...
Tr1umph is a staple for me and if I had to chose a single supp to use it would be it.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
a little birdy told me a new PA based product is coming too the market soon

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
a little birdy told me a new PA based product is coming too the market soon
If you have a new study demonstrating its efficacy youll also be doing Mtech, Biotest, ChemiNutra, etc a favour.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tr1umph is a staple for me and if I had to chose a single supp to use it would be it.
Wow...that is saying a lot! How does it settle on an empty stomach..generally speaking?

macwad

Awards
  • Established
Wow...that is saying a lot! How does it settle on an empty stomach..generally speaking?
Settles perfectly. And I have huge stomach problems with creatine mono, even at 3g, so Tr1umph is great for me.

Why is the best IMO: creatine (the most studied and proven ingredient) in the HCl form, PA, Betaine, LCLT, elevAtp, AlphaSize, Alanine+Glutamine, rhodiola and S. Vanillylamide. So, all the basics + some advanced stuff in a single product

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else notice abdominal bloating with the granules?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On early morning/fasted cardio days, would it be better to take PA at night?

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Yes, there is a post above stating that this is common with the granules.
Yes, I saw that. I'm asking if this is a common occurrence with this supplement as I have noticed a bit of it water retention as well.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I spilt my pa in a amino shake I sip on threw out the day since mine is powder.

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
Exactly. You get other cholesterol lowering benefits (total and LDL), cortisol modulation, etc. PA isn't the only useful phosphatide in there. Unless your calories are so low that you can't spare the 100 or so kcal from granules, I'd go with either the actual granules or Tr1umph (which utilizes soy lecithin standardized for the important phosphatides, plus other beneficial ingredients).
After contest prep when my fat isn't 50 and carbs arnt 160, I will give the granules a go

Hulksta

Awards
Can I take Triumph with Epic Unleashes and Strength unleashed.....or would this be an overkill natty combo?

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That would be very good natty stack! Run all 3 for 8 weeks.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can I take Triumph with Epic Unleashes and Strength unleashed.....or would this be an overkill natty combo?
That would be a great stack, should get some massive pumps with that stack too. Tr1umph is one of those things that can be run year round and stacks well with pretty much anything, and the Ep1c Unleashed/Str3ngth Unleashed stack is a good one. Enjoy!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would say you can run all 3 for a good 8 weeks.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, I saw that. I'm asking if this is a common occurrence with this supplement as I have noticed a bit of it water retention as well.
Again; he said yes, from Soy Lecithin Granules, not a concentrated product.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Never noticed any at 2 Tbs/Day.

Hulksta

Awards
Ok thx. It is cheaper on Amazon but the reviews are not that great vs the feedback on this site. Decisions decisions....