To DAA or not to DAA? That is my question.

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
*Im not interested in 'boosting' t levels*

I'm super drained with ALL this reading I've been doing over the past month on supplementing DAA, 3g/6g.

These so called studies are a freaking birds nest of insight and leaving me more confused but the 'positive' anecdotals seem to outweigh the 'negatives' from what I've gathered.

Can some AM heads let me in on the skinny about DAA?

I'm 30 years old, been training 7 years and consistently supp D3 (high dose), Creatine, Cit/Mal and Agmatine.

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
I've also read "DAA is basically Aspartame, but it's not Aspartame." Lol Smh

So I'm like, "W-T-F Mate?"

How the hell do people come up with this sh!t?

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAA = D-Aspartic Acid

Aspartame = N-(L-α-Aspartyl)-L-phenylalanine, 1-methyl ester

Not the same.

Pretty sure DAA is passe, and has even been shown to lower Test levels in higher doses.

Better test boosters out there with real world results.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At this point, I am surprised DAA is still being sold by companies. It's not going to do anything for you.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Agree with the above posters, I've used it many times. It doesn't do chit captain.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually had some noticeable libido increases from testforce two which is chelated daa with sarcosine. Don't use it anymore as there are much better options. And yes recent studies show it does nothing (if not negatively ) for impacting test levels.

Look into some comprehensive test boosting formulas like testify or for a single ingredient look into a high grade tongkat product like viron or lj100

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
DAA = D-Aspartic Acid

Aspartame = N-(L-α-Aspartyl)-L-phenylalanine, 1-methyl ester

Not the same.

Pretty sure DAA is passe, and has even been shown to lower Test levels in higher doses.

Better test boosters out there with real world results.
Ok, thanks for clearing up the Aspartame claim.

You missed my very first sentence of the op, lol, but thanks for interjecting, much appreciated.

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
At this point, I am surprised DAA is still being sold by companies. It's not going to do anything for you.
Ok, ummm.... can you expand on your reasoning behind your question and statement?

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
Agree with the above posters, I've used it many times. It doesn't do chit captain.
Ok, so,

aside from the marketing claims of DAA being a "testosterone booster," are you saying you never noticed anything?

If so, why would you continue running it, or even buying it after 1 or 2 cycles if it failed to deliver any results?

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
I actually had some noticeable libido increases from testforce two which is chelated daa with sarcosine. Don't use it anymore as there are much better options. And yes recent studies show it does nothing (if not negatively ) for impacting test levels.

Look into some comprehensive test boosting formulas like testify or for a single ingredient look into a high grade tongkat product like viron or lj100
Not knockin the libido spikes, always a plus, but like I stated in the first sentence of the thread, I'm not interested in boosting my T.

I do appreciate your response and will definitely consider it for when my T time comes ; )

Thanks bud.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, ummm.... can you expand on your reasoning behind your question and statement?
There is no question here and DAA is used for testosterone boosting, which is does not do and offers no benefits other than some believing it boosted libido, but there are better options for that. You state you are not interested in test boosting, so my response is that won't do anything for you. You asked a question and I answered.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Ok, so,

aside from the marketing claims of DAA being a "testosterone booster," are you saying you never noticed anything?

If so, why would you continue running it, or even buying it after 1 or 2 cycles if it failed to deliver any results?
Used it for 8 week cycles on two occasions once as a stand alone. Didn't notice anything. Tried it again stacked with another booster (ABE) got the typical effects of ABE. Should have saved my money.

-no libido increase
-no improved sleep
-no agression
-product is pretty much bunk

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
There is no question here and DAA is used for testosterone boosting, which is does not do and offers no benefits other than some believing it boosted libido, but there are better options for that. You state you are not interested in test boosting, so my response is that won't do anything for you. You asked a question and I answered.
Strong energy.

I did ask a question and I thank you for responding. Apologies, I thought you asked a question in your first response.

I am beginning to believe your input is completely valid at this point.

When I search through a number of forums including this one to get reviews of DAA, there seems to be about a 70% ratio of good experiences. Most of these testimonies go back from 2010 to 2014, fwiw, not much anymore apparently, lol.

Thanks for chiming in

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All I got out of multiple runs, were the runs.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One thing to keep note of is that when this first came out and many of us ran to it believing the marketing, more often than not, people were experiencing bad headaches and the runs. I know I personally would get pounding headaches and when I posted my experience on this and several other boards, a lot of people had similar issues. Anything that gives me a headache makes me very cautious, even if it doubled my test levels.

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
Used it for 8 week cycles on two occasions once as a stand alone. Didn't notice anything. Tried it again stacked with another booster (ABE) got the typical effects of ABE. Should have saved my money.

-no libido increase
-no improved sleep
-no agression
-product is pretty much bunk
Very interesting.

Considering all these "positive" reviews I've been seeing that date back to 2010 (from what I've seen), I'm beginning to think marketing campaigns are a lot more powerful than we think to influence consumers to buy their bunk, AND, actually praise their bunk as a must have supplement for bodybuilders.

It's just strange how so many swore by this stuff not long ago.

Thank you Gorgoroth.

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
One thing to keep note of is that when this first came out and many of us ran to it believing the marketing, more often than not, people were experiencing bad headaches and the runs. I know I personally would get pounding headaches and when I posted my experience on this and several other boards, a lot of people had similar issues. Anything that gives me a headache makes me very cautious, even if it doubled my test levels.
Lol, yeah, it sure seems this way.

I guess I missed the now realized holey DAA boat.

masterpiter

Awards
DAA is good for nothing ... o wait sry, it can lower ur test lvls.
If u dont believe me, google daa bloodwork , and i promise you, you wont find 1 positive ( incrase in anything ), but the opposit.
Dont waste ur money, anything is better the daa.
Its the worest supplement ing ever produced, as matter of fact even green grass gives u better ( insert anything here ) then daa.

tbh i would pay u not to pay for daa :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not knockin the libido spikes, always a plus, but like I stated in the first sentence of the thread, I'm not interested in boosting my T.

I do appreciate your response and will definitely consider it for when my T time comes ; )

Thanks bud.
Viron by BLR is definitely a great option as afi140 has said. There are some studies done that say DAA doesn't do much for you.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ran D-pol with Dim last year....Puffy-ish nipples, after about a week and took it back to the store. Wouldn't reccomend! Better natural products out there...

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
I would use Viron 1 Caps a day, just for testboster. In PCT I do 2 per day 5 on, 2 off.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Summary:
1. You're not interested in raising your "T"

2. You're tired of reading about dosage of 3-5g, and the positives seem to outweigh the negatives in studies.

3. What's the reality?
I don't know if you were aware of this (examine.com)
DAA - Examine.com

A few questions.

1. What are your T levels?
2. What is your desire? It isn't to raise T levels which is what DAA was billed for, but does and doesn't do.

Explanation:

It actually had been noted to lower T levels, but also raise them. If I had for instance, levels of 300-400, it would
raise them, but that's pretty low already and should I consider TRT? Probably, and there are other Boosters to fix that
with a return on investment of easily 100-200 points. (Not applicable to you, but note worthy.)

There was only one study I recall, where it raised them was using Sodium D-Aspartate, not D Aspartic Acid. A small but significant difference.

Of course, you stated, it isn't your goal to raise them [T Levels], so don't try and lower them from where they are now.

I think you should have asked another question.

What will increase mood and libido?, because that is what it appears you're after, but I have no idea after reading your original post. DAA was a great idea on paper and studies, but is a better example of how it didn't translate quite as well as the marketing campaigns did.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ran D-pol with Dim last year....Puffy-ish nipples, after about a week and took it back to the store. Wouldn't reccomend! Better natural products out there...
DIM should never be used for the purposes of an AI or PCT. It simply helps the metabolism of bad estrogens into good. It doesn't actually lower them.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would go with CEL M-TEST or Olympus K1ngsblood over DAA any day.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would go with CEL M-TEST or Olympus K1ngsblood over DAA any day.
I'm still unsure of what the OP wants but to further your point for the sake of resources. If it's mood enhancement and quality sleep along with the potentiality to aid in PCT.

Cel's M-Test has an incredible profile and price point. I think it's still around $30 a bottle.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/CEL/286622-competitive-edge-labs.html

Even if it doesn't help T, it has been proven to help sleep, and mood through all of the logs I have followed.

I've not seen or looked at K1ngs Blood but here is that profile for the OP.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/olympus-labs/286059-q-olympus-labs.html
https://olympus-labs.com/product/k1ngs-blood/

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know if you were aware of this (examine.com)
DAA - Examine.com

A few questions.

1. What are your T levels?
2. What is your desire? It isn't to raise T levels which is what DAA was billed for, but does and doesn't do.

Explanation:

It actually had been noted to lower T levels, but also raise them. If I had for instance, levels of 300-400, it would
raise them, but that's pretty low already and should I consider TRT? Probably, and there are other Boosters to fix that
with a return on investment of easily 100-200 points. (Not applicable to you, but note worthy.)

There was only one study I recall, where it raised them was using Sodium D-Aspartate, not D Aspartic Acid. A small but significant difference.

Of course, you stated, it isn't your goal to raise them [T Levels], so don't try and lower them from where they are now.

I think you should have asked another question.

What will increase mood and libido?, because that is what it appears you're after, but I have no idea after reading your original post. DAA was a great idea on paper and studies, but is a better example of how it didn't translate quite as well as the marketing campaigns did.
DAA looked good on paper a few years ago, but there were never really many studies on healthy young people, let alone resistance trained individuals. Now that we have those studies, we can see that's it's not nearly all it was cracked up to be. That's one reason I advise people against automatically assuming that you can extrapolate the benefits from one population to another, whether it's low-T/elderly to healthy/young, or cognitive decline to normal/young for nootropics.

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
I'm still unsure of what the OP wants but to further your point for the sake of resources. If it's mood enhancement and quality sleep along with the potentiality to aid in PCT.

Cel's M-Test has an incredible profile and price point. I think it's still around $30 a bottle.

Even if it doesn't help T, it has been proven to help sleep, and mood through all of the logs I have followed.

I've not seen or looked at K1ngs Blood but here is that profile for the OP.
Great posts man, thank you!

Sorry for falling short for what I'm truly looking for.

I really just wanted another supp to aid in my workouts. I have a free 100g sample to receive from the "bulk" site I use for my Creatine, Cit/Mal and Agmatine.

They have DAA, so that's what sparked me to write up this thread.

I think I'm just going to go with Betaine TMG. I haven't tried any Betaine supps and it calls for a low enough dose to actually sample it thoroughly with the 100g bag.

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
DIM should never be used for the purposes of an AI or PCT. It simply helps the metabolism of bad estrogens into good. It doesn't actually lower them.
I actually just started taking DIM today.

Using it for health purposes though, definitely not as a stand alone PCT, lol.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Do not waste your money.

Always check Examine.com and Suppversity.com (as well as using the search feature on here)

https://www.google.com/#q=Suppversity+D+Aspartic+Acid

The company that made *THE* DAA used in the first Italian Hypo Old Man study... doesn't even make/sell it anymore. That should tell you all you need to know.

Never go off anecdote (yes, historically "gym bro's" have occasionally beaten the "white coats" to the punch - but the score card goes to the white coats when looking at final numbers) - but it's your money in the end.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

Look up Rhonda Patrick's 'Found My Fitness' Podcast, and download the 2 episodes on Broccoli Sprouts (Sulforophane). You can find bulk 20:1 Extract and a rounded 1/2tsp scoop per day should be waaaaaaay better than DIM/I3C (though I still take I3C too).

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great posts man, thank you!

Sorry for falling short for what I'm truly looking for.

I really just wanted another supp to aid in my workouts. I have a free 100g sample to receive from the "bulk" site I use for my Creatine, Cit/Mal and Agmatine.

They have DAA, so that's what sparked me to write up this thread.

I think I'm just going to go with Betaine TMG. I haven't tried any Betaine supps and it calls for a low enough dose to actually sample it thoroughly with the 100g bag.
Thank you. Glad it helped a little.

Do not waste your money.

Always check Examine.com and Suppversity.com (as well as using the search feature on here)

https://www.google.com/#q=Suppversity+D+Aspartic+Acid

The company that made *THE* DAA used in the first Italian Hypo Old Man study... doesn't even make/sell it anymore. That should tell you all you need to know.

Never go off anecdote (yes, historically "gym bro's" have occasionally beaten the "white coats" to the punch - but the score card goes to the white coats when looking at final numbers) - but it's your money in the end.
I think there is one company still putting Sodium D-Aspartate in their supplement, I just can't remember them. Still, think there are better compounds out there.

Look up Rhonda Patrick's 'Found My Fitness' Podcast, and download the 2 episodes on Broccoli Sprouts (Sulforophane). You can find bulk 20:1 Extract and a rounded 1/2tsp scoop per day should be waaaaaaay better than DIM/I3C (though I still take I3C too).
Also, always look forward to reading your posts and gaining from them myself.

Rhonda Patrick's 'Found My Fitness' Podcast
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/foundmyfitness/id818198322?mt=2

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I think there is one company still putting Sodium D-Aspartate in their supplement...
It has never been shown that this mythical "special" version of DAA is any different than "DAA". And the original study just used "DAA". And the Italian mfg of the original "DAA" obviously wasn't selling too much of it - as you don't axe a profitable SKU. Of course people still sell it - it probably costs $1/Kilo. IMO, it's typical supp company spin: "Oh, of course DAA didn't work for you... you need *our* special version, produced by celibate Monks living on the Great Wall of China - it's the only legit one..."

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally I have read to much on how little it does for you. I have had multiple runs with no effects that I have noticed.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

DIM is more important than people realize. I would also add calcium d glucarate as it is a powerful estrogen control and good for overall health. I encourage you to read up on it.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great quote ;-)

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
Awesome input, thank you.

I'm curious about this Sulforaphane now.... the store I use has "Broccoli Extract" (same stuff, no?)

Just when I think I ordered a legitimate extract, you come along and one up me, haha. It's all good though, that's why I'm here @ AM.

I have taken 4 100mg doses of the DIM so far (2days) and whether it's placebo or not, definitely feeling more well rounded and indeed experienced a noticeable libido enhancement about an hour ago with my lady.

I haven't ever had my blood panel done but maybe I really needed to start somewhere to start balancing my estro levels if this DIM has legitimately already taken a positive effect on me, idk, either way, it's for my overall health in this plaguing estrogen dominated society.

EDIT TO ADD:

By the way, I'm happy I decided to supp DIM and forgo the DAA, especially after reading all these AM's insight on DAA.

Everyone!

Sean8616

Sean8616

Awards
Thank you. Glad it helped a little.

I think there is one company still putting Sodium D-Aspartate in their supplement, I just can't remember them. Still, think there are better compounds out there.

Also, always look forward to reading your posts and gaining from them myself.

Rhonda Patrick's 'Found My Fitness' Podcast
That company I think you're thinking of is N2BM and their product is 'D-Spark'

Thanks for commenting and hooking me up with the info, as well as that Rhonda Patrick podcast. Will check that a out in a bit.