Testosterone replacement therapy and steroids

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
So I am currently on fortesta which is a testosterone gel (40mg of test a day). I am switching to injectable testostrone. I have a few bottles of the fortesta left and was thinking about added maybe tren, doing the injections, and then using the fortesta ALSO. Anyone have any experience with steroids while on TRT and what does my pct need to look like because I would still be on test injections after my cycle so now low t.

shanethomas

Awards
Have to keep estrogen under control while on cycle

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
So I am currently on fortesta which is a testosterone gel (40mg of test a day). I am switching to injectable testostrone. I have a few bottles of the fortesta left and was thinking about added maybe tren, doing the injections, and then using the fortesta ALSO. Anyone have any experience with steroids while on TRT and what does my pct need to look like because I would still be on test injections after my cycle so now low t.
All these posts above mine are crucial in order to help you

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
You want to do a cycle right when you start your TRT injections? I wouldn't do that. It takes time for the TRT to start working properly, and you'll have to figure out your optimal AI dose, which varies greatly amongst individuals. I would get labs done in 3 months and 6 months, and if everything looks good, then run a cycle.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
-No PCT needed, you are on TRT
-DO NOT add in anything until you have your TRT injections dialed in. Injections are a different beast than gels and you will need to get it settled in, which can take upwards of 3-6 months.
-Once that is done, make sure you have labs so you know what you should expect as a TRT baseline on injections.
-Then go ahead and run your cycle

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
Ok all solid advice and no I have not done am aas cycle before I just got 200 DEPO test bi weekly

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
And how do I do that? Ai?
An AI is an absolute necessity while on TRT. If you're about to start injections and your doctor hasn't prescribed you an AI, then you need to speak with him/her about it ASAP.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Um, no. There is no truth to that whatsoever and many men are on TRT and have their protocols dialed in to not need an AI.

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
Yeah he never mentioned it, I assumed it wasn't necessary at the level I'm at unless I get estrogen type side effects. It's a urologist.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A urologist typically won't be well versed in hormone therapy, but it stands that an AI is not always necessary. An endo will be a better route if available.

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
A urologist typically won't be well versed in hormone therapy, but it stands that an AI is not always necessary. An endo will be a better route if available.
I agree with the Endo thing the guy had a six month wait I'm military (u.s.) and don't have a real say about my care. So how would I know if I need an AI? Like gyno or something, I've had slight gyno since I was a teen.

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
Also anyone know the benefit of taking HCG on trt? He didn't mention it but I've seen it mentioned in rooms several times.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Keeps the boys humming along.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No need for the HCG then.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Preferably, you would find out you needed an AI before you got gyno.

hCG also helps with testicular atrophy, in addition to fertility issues.

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
Preferably, you would find out you needed an AI before you got gyno.

hCG also helps with testicular atrophy, in addition to fertility issues.
So what would I look for before gyno for high estrogen? Just in the blood test?

Yeah I got huge nuts I ain't worried.