John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Testosterone total , free , and estradiol is fine. Im skipping some stuff too that is looking good. This is more some issues and some stuff with knowledge. Knowledge and insight is appreciated

ast 45
alt 65

Both of these have been high for eight years on all my test, . lifting or any kind of more intense exercises cause these to be a little high so this is no concern to me, this is more to help anyone that has these numbers, as lifting does cause this to go up a little

t3 is 74 76-181 is normal range ng/dl what does ng/dl stand for?
tsh 1.48 0.40-4.50 mIU/L
t4(thyroxine) total 5.3 4.5-12.0 mcg/dl

I did do a eight week t3 cycle and three weeks at 12.5 mgs. This was taken one week after I stopped 12.5 mgs of t3.

Sex hormone binding globulin 8 10-50 nmol/l

fsh 0.7 1.6-8.0 mIU/ml
LH 0.2 1.5-9.3

fsh is going to be low on trt, yes? six weeks before this test I came off a cycle as well.

Urea nitrogen (bun) 27 7-25 mg/dl
Bun/Creatinine radtio 23 6-22 mg/dl

Glucose was 112 . I dont know if I was fasted or not I get up and eat and it wouldnt surprise me if I got up and ate a few hours before this test in my sleep

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
okay I stopped lifting four days before this test bc I knew lifting can make ast and alt enzymes go up. Can cause bun as well. That said, I had to work the day before moving some heavy furniture for three hours , so that may have caused bun to go up some.

fsh, and lh im aware is low due to testosterone replacement thats normal

I know trt lowers Sex hormone binding globulin. Ive heard a myth I have no idea if true that says low shbg are high estrogen converters. Sub-q t is said to help it with estrogen conversation, esp 10 mgs, 20 mgs as well.

I was doing 20 and 10 mgs sub-q t injects, the past six weeks, and some days skipping , and did 10 mgs the day before

As far as blood glucose test I have glucometer and will be monitoring my fasted results. Many times tests test out as false positives and wouldnt be surprised, ill be testing this. My last estradiol test before this test came out in the 1000's and ive always had small nipples, no estrogen sides Ive known of. I did recommend to my doctor to take lc/ms/ms tests , Thank you Rambo for helping me with this, it appears he only did it on total and free test and not estradiol

This test my estradiol read as 15 < - 39 pg/ml normal ranges
free test was good at 100.6 35-155 pg/ml normal ranges
total test 340

remember this was 24 hours after a 10 mgs shot sub-q. a sub-q **** drops off quite a bit 14 hours afterwards, and its only 10 mgs. 20 and it more than likely would have been higher. I keep experimenting with different stuff. last time 2 days after 20 mgs total was 350

i've done test where I stopped d aspartic acid and it increased my testosterone, back before I got on trt. Thats a whole another experiment id like to see if lh, and fsh rise on daa, while on trt.

anyways knowledge is power my friends. anyone have any knowledge or insight into my Sex hormone binding globulin is a bit lower than normal ranges? Its common with testosterone replacement therapy, right?

I hear its not that important as its just a transporter of testosterone, and really all I need is testosterone total and free and estrogen total and free tests on my tests?

a lot of this stuff confuses doctors because were on the age where the patient knows more than the Doctor

Sloth Hogan

Awards
Yeah the shbg is what binds ur test and makes it useless. Trt will lower ur shbg I've heard, which is a good thing

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Too low SHBG, estrogen spikes and insulin resistance tend to go hand in hand, as well as anxiety. When you have low SHBG the sudden spike from weekly injections will spike free T to estrogen conversion but then both will drop rapidly together, test drops a little faster. Too high a TRT or AI dose will drop your SHBG and the daily injections will help but IMO your dose is too low. You still want to be a little higher than that 340 number as low blood levels can cause blood glucose disposal issues, as least with me. When my T levels are low I get signs of Type 2 diabetes like high fasted glucose and hypoglycemia.

My liver enzymes also run consistent high for no reason. I've read this can be due to too much TRT injection at once, i.e. 100mg/weekly vs 33mg 3x weekly.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the shbg is what binds ur test and makes it useless. Trt will lower ur shbg I've heard, which is a good thing
cool, good to hear. Thank you

Too low SHBG, estrogen spikes and insulin resistance tend to go hand in hand, as well as anxiety. When you have low SHBG the sudden spike from weekly injections will spike free T to estrogen conversion but then both will drop rapidly together, test drops a little faster. Too high a TRT or AI dose will drop your SHBG and the daily injections will help but IMO your dose is too low. You still want to be a little higher than that 340 number as low blood levels can cause blood glucose disposal issues, as least with me. When my T levels are low I get signs of Type 2 diabetes like high fasted glucose and hypoglycemia.

My liver enzymes also run consistent high for no reason. I've read this can be due to too much TRT injection at once, i.e. 100mg/weekly vs 33mg 3x weekly.
Yes I agree its too low. I didnt inject in the morning on purpose , as with sub-q testosterone levels drop after fourteen hours. was just experimenting.
Like yesterday i did 25 mgs and today 20 mgs.

No its not trt that causes elevated liver enzymes, its training hard. Even running hard elevates them. Dome doctors will say its not true but if you do your research on it youll see. Thats why I didnt train four days before, and the day before I needed money and wanted to help out with moving a ladies stuff into her house, I was lifting some heavy stuff. This may or may not have elevated them some.

A small elevation in liver enzymes is fine while training, your doctor may try and get you in for another appointment because of them, but its fine, as long as they're not way high, according to my bloodwork my livers enzymes have been like this eight years ago on every test ive had, which has been maybe twenty tests

Thank you

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Training can definitely elevate enzymes and I believe that's why mine are always slightly high. My MD isn't convinced but I had blood tests done immediately after training and they were very high, like 250s.

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
Any strenuous activity can cause slight acute elevation in many enzyme markers. This should not be chronic in way or you may want to get a liver panel ran...also, egd for gallbladder which can in turn cause higher liver enzymes. So many differentials could be in play.

Anywhoo, you total and free t is too low. You need to increase your test dosage. Sorry if I missed anything regarding dosing. No real use being on TRT if you are not fully supplementing your T

Dr B

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any strenuous activity can cause slight acute elevation in many enzyme markers. This should not be chronic in way or you may want to get a liver panel ran...also, egd for gallbladder which can in turn cause higher liver enzymes. So many differentials could be in play.

Anywhoo, you total and free t is too low. You need to increase your test dosage. Sorry if I missed anything regarding dosing. No real use being on TRT if you are not fully supplementing your T

Dr B
I had a ggt test six months ago and that came back perfect. Its very minor elevations as you can see. Theyve been like this before I started trt since I started keeping track of bloodwork in 2009. Its from lifting. Ive taken half a week off before bloods and they went down. My previous Doctors werent concerned, this one keeps mentioning it up and I tell him its from lifting . He wantsd to do more alt , ast and a ggt test in three months.

yes this blood was drawn the day after a 10 mgs sub-q shot. Six months ago I got blood drawn two days after a 20 sub-q shot and total was 415. Sub-q is good for 14 hours, then declines. Just doing tests. Maybe next time will do one day after a 20 mgs sub-q

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
I woul like to see your TT after a 20mg subq injection both 12 hrs and 24. Be interesting to compare! How do you personally like subq?

Dr B

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I woul like to see your TT after a 20mg subq injection both 12 hrs and 24. Be interesting to compare! How do you personally like subq?

Dr B
I like it much better than Im for trt. Yes, Id like to do that test next time. I feel more steady with less up and down peaks than intramuscular. Sure Ive skipped a day , twice a week. I've had blood-work on day three, thirty six hours, after a 20 mgs, shot and tt was 420 so the day after a 20 mgs shot, I think im okay of one day of not injecting 20 mgs. If I really wanted to I could to 10 mgs. On sub-q trt I do two days 20 mgs on and one off 20 mgs. The estrogen conversion at 20 mgs is about normal, to bring estrogen conversion down to three percent, do 10 mgs daily. On 10 mgs Id do daily just for mood.

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
I like your routine. IMO whatever works best and you feel the greatest than that is what I would stick with! Love seeing the different methodologies

Dr. B

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Testosterone total , free , and estradiol is fine. Im skipping some stuff too that is looking good. This is more some issues and some stuff with knowledge. Knowledge and insight is appreciated

ast 45
alt 65

Both of these have been high for eight years on all my test, . lifting or any kind of more intense exercises cause these to be a little high so this is no concern to me, this is more to help anyone that has these numbers, as lifting does cause this to go up a little

t3 is 74 76-181 is normal range ng/dl what does ng/dl stand for?
tsh 1.48 0.40-4.50 mIU/L
t4(thyroxine) total 5.3 4.5-12.0 mcg/dl

I did do a eight week t3 cycle and three weeks at 12.5 mgs. This was taken one week after I stopped 12.5 mgs of t3.

Sex hormone binding globulin 8 10-50 nmol/l

fsh 0.7 1.6-8.0 mIU/ml
LH 0.2 1.5-9.3

fsh is going to be low on trt, yes? six weeks before this test I came off a cycle as well.

Urea nitrogen (bun) 27 7-25 mg/dl
Bun/Creatinine radtio 23 6-22 mg/dl

Glucose was 112 . I dont know if I was fasted or not I get up and eat and it wouldnt surprise me if I got up and ate a few hours before this test in my sleep
This means nanograms per deciliter which is a standard of measurement.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I'm no doc but why are you injecting 20mg at a time. I've never seen a protocol like that why not try 50 2x/ week. Also, as noted, your Free Test is way too low. Don't be fooled and think that you are in the middle range. The range provided is what typically labs used when there is a low testosterone diagnosis. I know Quest Labs uses this but the actual "normal" high end of Free T is 228 so you should be aiming for over 200 pg/ml. If you can't get there try IM shots as some folks have a hard time absorbing T Subq.