Suggestions on mitigating effects from DMAA come down

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Workouts when using a DMAA pre are some of the best I've had. But the come down has wrecked me for the rest of the day before.

However, I was so intrigued by the new Gaspari Superpump 250 + Plasmajet combo that I ordered them today.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with the come down? Or, even better, how to make it go away sooner?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've had similar issues with DMAA too. I feel like most of the DMAA that's been re-released after the ban isn't as powerful. It could be my tolerance, but I remember the OG Jack3d making me feel like superman... for about 4 hours. And then I'd basically die for the rest of the day.

I think it'd be good to experiment with a dose of caffeine later in the day after you use DMAA. I'm not sure what time you'll be taking it, but having a mid day cup of coffee helps me kick the high stim crash. Another option would be to split it into half servings and stack it with another product. I think using a half scoop of Superpump and a half scoop of Hypermax would be a good blend of energy, focus, and pump. It'll take some experimenting to find what works best for you though. The DMAA crash isn't fun though, I've definitely been there before

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
L-theanine

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
That feel with DMAA after a mad leg day. I totally crashed and went to sleep. Not using DMAA longer, bannend in my country as well. L-theanine as kbayne suggests can be a good idea to try.

BoloYeung1

BoloYeung1

Awards
I usually just drink some coffee mid day as I workout at 5am in the morning. Usually by 3pm I'm a bit tired anyway. Aren't we supposed to cycle on and off 1,3? I usually go 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I take Kratom to ease the comedown usually. Or some sort of downer. Phenibut would work also.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
Back in my meth days... I used benzos during the comedown when I couldn't tolerate it.

Anyways, maybe try Phenibut since it affects GABA kinda like benzos do.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If none of the above suggestions help you have two options: use it only on days where being wrecked does not matter or stop taking it.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the suggestions everyone, although I'm not really looking for something as strong as kratom, phenibut or a benzodiazepine.

From Examine.com on L-theanine:
"Interestingly, the relaxing and attention promoting properties of L-theanine coupled with the lack of sedation may make L-Theanine have its most significant supplemental role in attenuating the 'edge' of many stimulants."

So I will probably try that and/or more caffeine later in the day and if that doesn't work, I'll give up on the DMAA forever, like BCseacow83 said.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If it also has Caffeine in it, adding Rutaecarpine to the L-Theanine may help some more.

Fat2Strong

Awards
I do not know how you guys do the DMAA thing. It messed me up a few years back. I try to stay away. I only use CATALYST as my PWO now and only when needed. I try not to take a PWO all the time. I was a big JACK3D guy in its heyday.... Bad side effects I got back then.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Timing? Dosage?
Preferably when you feel the crash coming on. Or if you know how long after your workout you suffer from the crash, dose before that.

100-200mg should suffice.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Thank you, sir. Just got the L-theanine and I will try that soon.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Just take a smaller dose of DMAA after your workout.

Instead of DMAA levels in your body spiking violently downward post workout give your body some more so that you are tapering off.

You will not have that ****ty feeling if you taper your dosage of stims, and most likely the rest of the day will be more productive.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
L-Theanine is a great suggestion. If that doesn't do the trick, you could also try taking a low dose of Rhodiola (~100mg) with your pre and another low dose after your workout. Should smooth the effects and have other stress-reducing benefits as well.