HMB-CA

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Does HMB-CA require a period of saturation before it is effective at decreasing muscle protein breakdown, or are these effects acute?

I was planning on starting HMB-CA during my PCT but am not sure if I should start it sooner..

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does HMB-CA require a period of saturation before it is effective at decreasing muscle protein breakdown, or are these effects acute?

I was planning on starting HMB-CA during my PCT but am not sure if I should start it sooner..
Not sure on the exact answer to the question. But when I used it in pct, I just started it after cycle and feel like it did its job. Ran it for 2 months.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That being said though, I'm sure there would be no issue with starting it prior to the cycle ending/pct starting.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

HMB-CA's effects appear to be both acute and chronic. Most of the studies I've read have shown it may attenuate indices of muscle damage and improve perceived recovery immediately, but these markers improve over repeated use. So in short, I'd probably start ~2 weeks before to get the most out of it, especially if you're going to attempt to maintain/increase your intensity/volume into PCT.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Take it every day and never stop - It's ~$57 a year :D

Edit: Just looked - Now ~$47 :D

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
The old guy is correct :)
Yeah that's why I don't buy Clear Muscle. Bulk HMB is the way to go. Im just low right now and am eating in such a surplus I figured I just restart HMB in pct... I got so much other sh1t to buy.. Seems I ran out of all my staples at once (whey, casein, creatine, fish oil...). Gonna be a hefty bill this month lol

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know if bulk HMB CA has any caloric value or if it is insulogenic? If it does have calries then I am assuming it should be counted as 5 kcal per gram since it is derived from leucine.

I'm interested in trying this out and was thinking of adding this to my pre-workout cocktail of 10g BCAA, 5g L-Citrulline, 1.5g Agamtine during my fasted training. If the HMB has calories then I will adjust my pre-workout blend accordingly.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does anyone know if bulk HMB CA has any caloric value or if it is insulogenic? If it does have calries then I am assuming it should be counted as 5 kcal per gram since it is derived from leucine.

I'm interested in trying this out and was thinking of adding this to my pre-workout cocktail of 10g BCAA, 5g L-Citrulline, 1.5g Agamtine during my fasted training. If the HMB has calories then I will adjust my pre-workout blend accordingly.
I can't comment on the caloric content, but it's insulinogenic (acute, not biphasic), similar to the level of BCAAs, from what I've studied/read.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I can't comment on the caloric content, but it's insulinogenic (acute, not biphasic), similar to the level of BCAAs, from what I've studied/read.
Considering it is a metabolite of Leucine and the fact that it is insulogenic like leucine, then I'm going to assume that it has a similar caloric value to Leucine (5 kcal per gram) as well.

I think I will keep my pre-workout cocktail the same and take the HMB CA later in the day with my meals. I'm thinking it shouldn't make much of a difference as long as my daily dosage of HMB CA is the same.

Has anyone here tried mega dosing HMB CA higher than 3g daily. For example 4.5g-6g daily? Any difference vs 3g daily?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap! It's almost comical how much the price of supplements come down over time.
Once something becomes mainstream enough, the price usually comes down once the initial hype phase is over.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Has anyone here tried mega dosing HMB CA higher than 3g daily. For example 4.5g-6g daily? Any difference vs 3g daily?
I heaping scoop - so I get more than 3g, can't say it does anything above what the research has shown 3g does. It's so cheap though - go for it. 6g a day gets 166 days out of a Kilo - Almost 6 months.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I heaping scoop - so I get more than 3g, can't say it does anything above what the research has shown 3g does. It's so cheap though - go for it. 6g a day gets 166 days out of a Kilo - Almost 6 months.
My thoughts exactly. I was thinking of trying 3g with each of my two meals daily.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 26
Supplements 2
GreenMachineX Supplements 11
Supplements 42
Supplements 49