DMAA Side effects

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Considering using DMAA products occasionally.

Anybody experience any bad side effects like:
Bad crashes, mood swings, libido/ED etc.?

At least anything to look out for or proper precautions.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I personally have had no issues..other than cramping up from flying around like a gerbil in a wheel for hours on end

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
None for me either. Had heard about the crash, but I've never experienced anything all that bad. I typically only use it (Mesomorph PWO) on days when I lift in the morning, usually only a couple of days a week.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Crash like a mofo. I workout late afternoon anyway so it's great for me and sleeping. Workouts are also amazing.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
A mild-ish crash is to be expected for most users, I can personally confirm. Nothing crazy though.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Pardon my explicitness, but "stim dick" is fairly common on DMAA, especially if taken daily.

That's not to say things won't work downstairs. It's just that "Hard as oak" might not be the way you'd describe things.

Selecta

Awards
To be fair the only sides I get are a bit of a crash and awesomeness during a session.

I only use it twice a week on leg days Tho, but it keeps me flying thru the session and cardio after !

Currently used angel dust extreme and rate it highly, even better than
Meso !

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
I crash because DMAA gives me extreem focus and good energy, it will make you push your body harder than average...the crash is normal and expected.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I also only use it on Tuesday and Friday for leg sessions, i get the great energy, endurance and focus, only sides are slightly sick feeling after pushing in workout and loss of appetite which is ok because i am currently cutting.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will crash from it sometimes but for a great workout it's worth it:) Mesomorph is a great pwo with dmaa in it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agreed with most of the guys in that only thing I've seen is a crash.

I like to think of it less of a crash and more of an unplanned but well needed nap time

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I also only use it on Tuesday and Friday for leg sessions, i get the great energy, endurance and focus, only sides are slightly sick feeling after pushing in workout and loss of appetite which is ok because i am currently cutting.
Im with this guy 100%

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Pardon my explicitness, but "stim dick" is fairly common on DMAA, especially if taken daily.

That's not to say things won't work downstairs. It's just that "Hard as oak" might not be the way you'd describe things.
And hopefully these particular sides are only noticible the day of use?

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
I have used Dmaa for month non stop and got zero side effects like that?!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is DMAA any good at work or do most purely like it for workouts? Is it too much stim to function well at work or could it also be well utilized in the work field? I have yet to use any DMAA product. I just ordered Mesomorph to obviously use pre-workout, but I was thinking about the DMAA caps for work. What are your guys thoughts?

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Is DMAA any good at work or do most purely like it for workouts? Is it too much stim to function well at work or could it also be well utilized in the work field? I have yet to use any DMAA product. I just ordered Mesomorph to obviously use pre-workout, but I was thinking about the DMAA caps for work. What are your guys thoughts?
Honestly almost bought the caps just for work haha good question

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using DMAA on and off for my hardest workouts each week over the past 6 months, and haven't experienced any negative side effects whatsoever. No crash, fatigue, nauea, etc.

Wife has also been using it, and she's extremely sensitive to stims and hasn't experienced any negatives either.

Bengal

Bengal

Awards
This is how certain strains of yohimbe with dmaa affect me

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love dmaa, I get clean feel good energy and no crash.....the only trouble I've had with it is when it's mixed with other stimulants

something meso is fine....hydroxylite got a bit crazy for me but usually yohimbine does that to me

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I like it for work as well. Great for social situations when you don't want to drink too. However, I'll say the mental "concentration" side of things gets a little blurry for me so I mostly stick to noots and El1xir now.

Give it a shot though, you might be surprised.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Whats the latest time anybody recommends to take DMAA but can still sleep?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think that really depends on the person. For me personally, 4 to 5 hours before the time I plan on going to bed would be about the limit.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
This is what I wanna know. I plan on taking 25 mg and it'd be like 3 hours before bed
Just took 1/2 scoop mesomorph 3:15 pm will let you know how I sleep. Got melatonin and zma

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Clean laundry, cleaner house.

theatb

Awards
1/2 scooped cannibal riot 7:25 pm, so I'll check back in tomorrow.
Got to sleep no problem, guess I'm kinda DMAA tolerant already cause it didn't seem to do much like usual. Normal for me is 50 mg. But I was also sick and took meds before bed.