Fat burners - have they moved on?

Toff

Awards
  • Established
in 2012 it was all about finding ECA as others brought otu the likes of Grenade, cafeine, bitter orange, green tea

So, have things moved on, whats a good thermogenic fat burner? Less jitters the better!

First one springs to mind EPG Thermogenic Heat

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
No, they haven't. Nothing beats EC and (if you can tolerate the combo) Y. Add EGCG if you want. They also have the most human studies. If the US never banned Ephedra Sinica Alkaloids as dietary supplements, you wouldn't see any of these 'pretenders to the throne' :D Since synthetic E-HCL *is* still legally purchasable for most via different methods, why mess around?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
The thermogenic market has definitely changed over the last 5 years. EC is still a very popular go-to for an effective fat burner, but there are definitely some OTC products available that work well too.

As mentioned above, Ignit3 from OL is a great product. I would also check out Oxymax XT from Performax Labs. Oxymax XT contains ingredients to help suppress appetite, improve body composition, and deliver an over all better mood and sense of well being while dieting. I find that I'm less on edge and in a better mood throughout the day, which is a huge benefit for me. Oxymax XT does contain some caffeine, but nothing to the level that will cause a jittery or anxious feeling like EC does.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Lean 7 getting a lot of rep online im seeing

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Lean 7 getting a lot of rep online im seeing
This?

Alpha Lean-7 Proprietary Blend: 467 mg **
Panthergy™ N-Methylpentyl-iminoglutaric acid, Taraxacum Officinate (Dandelion Powder), synepherine hcl, Betaine Anhydrous (TMG), Green Tea Extract (50% Catechins), Cissus Quadrangularis (5% Ketosteroids), L-Carnitine, Rauwolfia vomitoria Root Extract (std. min. 90% Alpha Yohimbine
Mostly a metabolite of Glutamine and Dandelion.... just what I want in a "fat burner", LOL. Hey, how much Alpha-Yohimbine is in there? Generous with the Cissus and L-Carn I see... hahahaha. Please, close your wallet :D

Toff

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/277653-tearing-away-fat-3.html

There is the proof, folks. Alpha Lean-7 is one heck'uva fat-burning machine! That's 15lbs dropped in 5 weeks. I do believe that's the most I've lost in that period of time since I took control of my health 6 and 1/2 years ago!

True, I kept my diet and nutrition dialed in pretty tightly. But I do believe in the efficacy of this product. It really works on all levels. At 2 caps, it gives great energy, great thermogenesis, and great appetite suppression. I will be purchasing another bottle from Strong Supplement Shop before long!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Glad they liked it, I'll not be purchasing :)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
what am I missing?
reviews are good here too
The science? Lots of garbage on Amazon has 10,000 5 star reviews too. You're missing: Reviews from people who get free product and feel indebted/placebo are not reliable. Tell me what, in that product, "burns fat"? The first ingredient in the prop blend is considered a "feel good" chemical, and the second is a diuretic. Synephrine has a less than stellar fat loss history in humans (good for power/strength though, believe it or not, if it's p-Synephrine), Betaine is everywhere, they don't tell you exactly what Catechin it is (EGCG has the best data - but IS IT?), Cissus and L-Carn are usually dosed at 1g+, and finally we get to the alpha-Yohimbine.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was this a sales pitch from the beginning?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what am I missing?
reviews are good here too

Alpha Lean-7 by Hard Rock Supplements
You're missing the fact that you were getting your reviews/information from very poor sources.

1) Sponsored logs are not reliable. Take a look at some of the people who rush to sign up for this stuff. Half of them don't even look to see if the winners have been chosen already. People just want free product. Also, nothing is tracked that well. People are bulking then lose a bunch of water weight and say they lost 10 lbs in one week, lol.
2) Online reviews on a vendor/store are not reliable. Look at online computer part reviews. People give something a 1 star rating because it came DOA (which is a standard phenomenon in computer parts). That alone should tell you the intelligence of the reviewers.

In fact, most fat burners don't actually burn fat, they help you feel good while dieting, or suppress appetite etc. Basing things on the ingredients+dosages in a "fat burners" profile is what you should be doing.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, ok.

Its hard because I dont recognise a lot of the ingrediants, in any of the products, so when they go "oo gren tea" I thing big deal. "oo found in choclate" yeah big deal - So you tend to go on reviews from feedback?

Ive been missold a lot of crap in the past, the only one that worked was alri venom...which had prescription drugs in!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, ok.

Its hard because I dont recognise a lot of the ingrediants, in any of the products, so when they go "oo gren tea" I thing big deal. "oo found in choclate" yeah big deal - So you tend to go on reviews from feedback?

Ive been missold a lot of crap in the past, the only one that worked was alri venom...which had prescription drugs in!
Stick around and look around. There are many good fat burners now, both stim and non stim. I would look into products that contain forskolin, personally. Forskolin is beneficial cutting or recomping. Forskolin will help hold on to lean mass and decrease fat loss, granted diet and training are in order. John posted some benefits of OxyMax XT above and it also contains a full dose of forskolin. Also, I noticed you want something that will not cause jitters, which again I would point to OxyMax XT. The euphoric feeling users report is something people notice right away.

Some other products with forskolin are Shift and Lean PhD. I'm sure there are more, but those come to mind currently. Also, there is great feedback for Brite and Ammo.

Here are some good reads on forskolin, if you are new to the ingredient.

https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/burn-fat-pile-on-muscle-with-forskolin

https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/dont-kill-the-messenger

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Subbed!
Recently used ignit3, Ammo & Epitome. They assisted me in dropping 22lbs over 3-4weeks, but note I used a Rapid Fatloss approach!!
I do like PES Norcodrene and the old formula Alphamine, but both have recently been reformulated so don't know how they'll perform now!

I'm still cutting so waiting for EvoMuse Brite caps and DCP combo

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Subbed!
Recently used ignit3, Ammo & Epitome. They assisted me in dropping 22lbs over 3-4weeks, but note I used a Rapid Fatloss approach!!
I do like PES Norcodrene and the old formula Alphamine, but both have recently been reformulated so don't know how they'll perform now!

I'm still cutting so waiting for EvoMuse Brite caps and DCP combo
The diet as a set?
low fat or low carb?

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
The diet as a set?
low fat or low carb?
I used Lyle Mcdonalds RFL; high protein, trace carbs & fats!

The supplements I used certainly helped with mood and appetite suppression.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Subbed!
Congrats. But this is how it usually goes when discussing these things: I dropped to BMR, went Keto and did 2 hours of cardio per day... and XYZXtreme works! :D

Ephedrine works if you just sit on your ass:

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jobe/2011/210484/

Layman rundown: http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2010/08/ephedrine-new-study-confirms-metabolic.html

So all these pretenders have a lot to prove :D

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The ONLY fat burners I've used that are available now and I would use again are :

EC
Alpha-Burn
Forskolin
Green Tea
Capsaicin
7-Keto DHEA

The only packaged burners I would use are:

ANS Diablo (this was shift before shift, IMO, and is actually a good replacement for Alphamine)

Oxymax XT (just used a sample but noticed appetite suppression, alertness without over stimulation, and improved mood.)

Epitome

Brite

Epitome and Brite are awesome long-term products. Staples.

I am on my third bottle of Ignit3. Used 2 bottles, took aboyt 4 weeks off and I've been on the third bottle just under a week. I can't recommend it. OL makes good products and this one is interesting and should hit a lot of pathways, but I get no appetite suppression (actually an increase), no energy, can't tell if it effects my mood in a good or bad way, and can't say it causes faster fat loss for me. This morning I took 3 Ignit3 and a BPS Combustion which has higenamine and more caffeine, and 2 hours later I popped a bronkaid and I'm just awake. The way people talk about Ignit3, it's like it is some crazy stimulant but it doesn't do that for me at all.

But, others on here LOVE ignit3, so I may just be an outlier.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats. But this is how it usually goes when discussing these things: I dropped to BMR, went Keto and did 2 hours of cardio per day... and XYZXtreme works! :D
So true. Too many people on these forums change three plus variables and see results, but yet, do not know where they actually come from.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So true. Too many people on these forums change three plus variables and see results, but yet, do not know where they actually come from.
Yeah, which is a problem for 99.9% of the logs on here. :(

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
No, they haven't. Nothing beats EC and (if you can tolerate the combo) Y. Add EGCG if you want. They also have the most human studies. If the US never banned Ephedra Sinica Alkaloids as dietary supplements, you wouldn't see any of these 'pretenders to the throne' :D Since synthetic E-HCL *is* still legally purchasable for most via different methods, why mess around?
^ EC/ECY/YC

Was and is so much greatness!!! VERY hard to match those combos

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think many people forget the fact that if they want to lose weight, diet/food intake in check, exercise and LASTLY thermo. People seem to forget that if there really was a 100% effective thermo, obesity would be alot less.

Run579

Run579

Awards
The ONLY fat burners I've used that are available now and I would use again are :

EC
Alpha-Burn
Forskolin
Green Tea
Capsaicin
7-Keto DHEA

ANS Diablo (this was shift before shift, IMO, and is actually a good replacement for Alphamine)

Oxymax XT (just used a sample but noticed appetite suppression, alertness without over stimulation, and improved mood.)

Epitome

Brite

I am on my third bottle of Ignit3. Used 2 bottles, took aboyt 4 weeks off and I've been on the third bottle just under a week. I can't recommend it. OL makes good products and this one is interesting and should hit a lot of pathways, but I get no appetite suppression (actually an increase), no energy, can't tell if it effects my mood in a good or bad way, and can't say it causes faster fat loss for me. This morning I took 3 Ignit3 and a BPS Combustion which has higenamine and more caffeine, and 2 hours later I popped a bronkaid and I'm just awake. The way people talk about Ignit3, it's like it is some crazy stimulant but it doesn't do that for me at all.

I saw you mentioned ANS Diablo, I have been looking into that after the alphamine change, maybe I will check it out. I tried Ignit3 but I did have the best reaction to SJW.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
all great suggestions above! May I suggest a non stim fat burner that can be stacked with any of the above and can be taken indefinitely since it's all natural: SNS LEAN EDGE

Toff

Awards
  • Established
I saw you mentioned ANS Diablo, I have been looking into that after the alphamine change, maybe I will check it out. I tried Ignit3 but I did have the best reaction to SJW.
Alphamine change???

I just blooming ordered some as it was the only one that I liked in the past and others swear by!

Toff

Awards
  • Established
HI-TECH PHARMACEUTICALS LIPODRENE was another chocie as its an eph-stack

Also, I can get real ephedrine as im in the uk and its not banned anymore,

Toff

Awards
  • Established

EC
Alpha-Burn
Forskolin
Green Tea
Capsaicin
7-Keto DHEA

Epitome

Brite

7-keto - this hormonal? Do i need to respect other cycles and PCT

reason i say i may run 4ad stano soon

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
7-keto - this hormonal? Do i need to respect other cycles and PCT

reason i say i may run 4ad stano soon
Not hormonal, but a metabolite of DHEA. I often use it in PCT as part of my cortisol control setup.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

It is not banned anymore?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

Stay far away if you are after actual, real, Ephedrine.

Ephedra Extract 25mg (leaves)
This "Ephedrine" has ZERO Ephedrine Alkaloids in it - it does nothing. Ephedrine that actually works, can't be sold in a supplement in the USA. If in the US, you need to get Primatene/Bronkaid/House Brand at the Pharmacy, or import the legal amount from Canada or Overseas.

Edit: I see you are in the UK - just get real Ephedrine.

derek565

Awards
Where can a guy get bulk ephedrine in the US? Lol

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Where can a guy get bulk ephedrine in the US? Lol
Wal-mart, Rite-Aid, or Walgreens are my go to spots. Go to the pharmacy and ask for Bronkaid, they'll ask to see your I.D. and you're good to go. 60 caps of Bronkaid will run you like $5-8

derek565

Awards
Wal-mart, Rite-Aid, or Walgreens are my go to spots. Go to the pharmacy and ask for Bronkaid, they'll ask to see your I.D. and you're good to go. 60 caps of Bronkaid will run you like $5-8
I know man, I've been down the Bronkaid and Primatene route before but I really hate that there has to be guaifenesin in it. I shouldn't complain though, it gets the job done at a fair price!

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ignit3 is decent but it doesn't have that "feel good" euphoria like some out there, and will also produce anxiety. I can't quite describe it, sort of feels like a "dirty stim energizer" while on it.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Ignit3 is decent but it doesn't have that "feel good" euphoria like some out there, and will also produce anxiety. I can't quite describe it, sort of feels like a "dirty stim energizer" while on it.
mmm boh!
I'll prove it by Monday!
we'll see!

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Im in the UK, I can walk straight into a gym and shout WHERE CAN I BUY EPHEDRINE?

Its totally legal here

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im in the UK, I can walk straight into a gym and shout WHERE CAN I BUY EPHEDRINE?

Its totally legal here
LMAO. Then do it. EC is better than anything OTC, and its cheaper too

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
LMAO. Then do it. EC is better than anything OTC, and its cheaper too
+1 This thread was about if anything has come about that's better than EC (and IMO Y-HCL). The answer is NO! :D So go buy some UK E and add C and maybe Y :D /thread

Toff

Awards
  • Established
haha ok i get it

I already got started on the alphamine however, and wow i sweated, the duretic is there and if feel lighter in two days - must be bloat/water but i feel better

Ill grab some ECA next ;)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha ok i get it

I already got started on the alphamine however, and wow i sweated, the duretic is there and if feel lighter in two days - must be bloat/water but i feel better

Ill grab some ECA next ;)
I recommend you tread carefully with this, but there is a slight chance you can try Alphamine + Ephedrine. Original Alphamine has a "special extract" of Yohimbine and has ~130mg Caffeine per scoop. With the other ingredients (that don't really cause conflicts/reactions with Ephedrine), it could be an improved version of ECY.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established

That's awesome. I'm a bit jealous of UK and Canadian folks for being able to get actual E HCl easily.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And where do you get Ephedrine easily in UK?