Caffeine Can Restore Insulin Sensitivity

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
***Caffeine Can Restore Insulin Sensitivity***

We all know the traditional benefits of caffeine as a stimulant (which many take pre workout as a means to increase energy), but the benefits of caffeine go FAR beyond just a stimulant. Looking through the research, we've seen caffeine (in certain situations) to aid in:

-boosting memory
-replenishing muscle glycogen concentrations faster post workout
-restoring insulin sensitivity (effects of caffeine on the expression of GLUT4 and insulin receptor expression/phosphorylation within visceral fat)
-prevention of fatty tissue accumulation
…and as an all around INTERESTING ergogenic aid!

A lot of the beneficial effects are obviously dose and person dependent (depending on how well/poor you metabolize caffeine itself) BUT it is a fairly universal ingredient consumed by many whether in supplemental or food form.

http://researchpub.org/journal/jcvd/number/early/70.pdf
Caffeine Attenuates Delayed-Onset Muscle Pain and Force Loss Following Eccentric Exercise
Coffee inhibits the reactivation of glucocorticoids by 11?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1: A glucocorticoid connection in the anti-diabetic action of coffee?

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
It's way to early for me to read the entire article but how much caffeine is needed for this?

Also what if I don't have insulin sensitivity issues but I drink so much coffee that all my doo-doos sound like a c4 explosions

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
It's way to early for me to read the entire article but how much caffeine is needed for this?

Also what if I don't have insulin sensitivity issues but I drink so much coffee that all my doo-doos sound like a c4 explosions
I just finished a stim break due to my caffeine consumption being 600-1000 mgs per day through my morning coffee, fat burners and pre workout products, now i am getting great effects off much less only 300-400mg per day.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Great info

I Also heard that caffeine is good for the Liver, have anyone heard that?

Anyways, i take/drink caffeine all the time, love it

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Everyone should pay attention to the word CAN and read the study methods.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Everyone should pay attention to the word CAN and read the study methods.
Everything in science uses this word, cause they know **** about anything. Caffeine is old and there are old studies on it. So i truly believe until like 1g day at most, you have plenty benefits from it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
***Caffeine Can Restore Insulin Sensitivity***

We all know the traditional benefits of caffeine as a stimulant (which many take pre workout as a means to increase energy), but the benefits of caffeine go FAR beyond just a stimulant. Looking through the research, we've seen caffeine (in certain situations) to aid in:

-boosting memory
-replenishing muscle glycogen concentrations faster post workout
-restoring insulin sensitivity (effects of caffeine on the expression of GLUT4 and insulin receptor expression/phosphorylation within visceral fat)
-prevention of fatty tissue accumulation
…and as an all around INTERESTING ergogenic aid!

A lot of the beneficial effects are obviously dose and person dependent (depending on how well/poor you metabolize caffeine itself) BUT it is a fairly universal ingredient consumed by many whether in supplemental or food form.

http://researchpub.org/journal/jcvd/number/early/70.pdf
Caffeine Attenuates Delayed-Onset Muscle Pain and Force Loss Following Eccentric Exercise
Coffee inhibits the reactivation of glucocorticoids by 11?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1: A glucocorticoid connection in the anti-diabetic action of coffee?
But yet the data also shows the opposite as well, lol.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Everything in science uses this word, cause they know **** about anything. Caffeine is old and there are old studies on it. So i truly believe until like 1g day at most, you have plenty benefits from it.
Caffeine restoring insulin sensitivity in visceral adipose tissue is investigated in a pretty specific population to which, I imagine, most of the members of this board do not belong. Aka most of us aren't pre diabetic fatties.

The paper talks about both GLUT4 expression and IRS tyr residue phosphorylation in VAT. I'd argue that restoring insulin signaling sensitivity in VAT if pre diabetic is a good thing simply to decrease serum NEFA and curtail systemic inflammation, oxidative stress, and potentially contribute to preserving beta cell function.

I'd also argue that for a non-pre-diabetic individual at a "healthy" body fat, arbitrarily defined as ~18% and lower, a degree of insulin resistance in VAT would be beneficial, assuming they are attempting to lose fat.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Agree on that, but, there are other benefits as well. Lets hope, lol