Whey Protein

latinorebel

Awards
Anyone NOT supplementing with whey protein?

I'm thinking of coming off this completely for a while and see how I feel.

I've had several friends tell me that when they do get off of whey protein, they are still able to maintain and build good muscle.

Also, they claim they get a leaner look and feel less bloated.

Any thoughts?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you can hit your macros with whole foods and no whey, then I don't see any problems with it. Whey isn't anything special, its just a convenient quality source of protein. As long as you're hitting your macros, you can get your protein from a variety of sources. There's no magic to whey

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anyone NOT supplementing with whey protein?

I'm thinking of coming off this completely for a while and see how I feel.

I've had several friends tell me that when they do get off of whey protein, they are still able to maintain and build good muscle.

Also, they claim they get a leaner look and feel less bloated.

Any thoughts?
Its just protein man. Nothing special about it despite what the marketing says

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whey protein is just powdered food. It's not absolutely essential to use in order to build muscle. It can help fill calories and macros if you have trouble getting in enough from whole foods, that's it.

As for bloating, if you're sensitive to lactose in anyway, getting rid of whey would help eliminate the bloat and GI distress. If you're not lactose intolerant it won't affect bloat one way or another.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Protein is just powdered food pretty much. Its convenient and easy to take but in a sense if you can get all your protein intake from whole food you will be fine supplementing off it.

Bossmoss94

Bossmoss94

Awards
Generally the protein powders have a higher biological value than any real food. I say generally because every company has different qualities. If you feel "bloated" you might be taking a cheaply made protein. You could give a straight Hydrolyzed protein a shot. Might help with the bloat.