Is fish oil enough for joint support?

JellyJesus

JellyJesus

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Regrettably I've finally started to have joint issues in my elbows and shoulders. Weights on most exercises has gone up about 5-10 pounds with same or more repetitions in the past month or so and my joints are letting me know they aren't happy..

Is fish oil enough to help with minor aches and pains? Supplements are expensive enough so I'd rather stay away from a joint sup if I can. I've been doubling my dose of fish oil lately and it's helping a little.. But note I've only been taking fish oil about three weeks. Just wondering how well it actually hinders joint pain really..

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
fish oil will help.

you can also take a dedicated joint formula like iForce Joint Help which provides immediate and long lasting relief as well

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fish oil have known to help but if that's your main purpose, i would look into a joint formula

look into joint support XT .. plenty of reviews/logs here, patented ingridents

JellyJesus

JellyJesus

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Fish oil have known to help but if that's your main purpose, i would look into a joint formula

look into joint support XT .. plenty of reviews/logs here, patented ingridents
I'm taking fish oil for the overall benefits, seems to be a staple for everyone here. Just did some quick research and saw its good for joints, I was just curious to how well it worked for that sole purpose. I'm going to do a light weight week next week and see if it doesn't get any better, if not I'll venture out and start researching and reading logs.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I'm taking fish oil for the overall benefits, seems to be a staple for everyone here. Just did some quick research and saw its good for joints, I was just curious to how well it worked for that sole purpose. I'm going to do a light weight week next week and see if it doesn't get any better, if not I'll venture out and start researching and reading logs.
it may not have a lot of logs but check out Scivations new joint support flexatril. It helped me a ton as I got to beta-test it and will make it staple for sure!

JellyJesus

JellyJesus

Awards
  • First Up Vote
it may not have a lot of logs but check out Scivations new joint support flexatril. It helped me a ton as I got to beta-test it and will make it staple for sure!
I will look into that, thank you for the recommendation.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would agree with the above it does help, but definitely not enough. Get a good joint complex like the ones offered above.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd throw in joint support xt or achilles and then you should be good.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I'd add in Cissus, SNS sells bulk caps cheap with a high % :)

If fish oil isn't cutting it, I'd try Cissus XT.

If those together don't cut it, then Joint Support XT, Flexatril are good next steps.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Depends. In some cases it can help ease a bit of pain but it is not something I rely on at all (I eat a lot of fatty fish).

I know a few people with a lot of joint issues who regularly (or at least claim to) use fish oil. They still have the same issues, but likely are in less pain than they might be otherwise. I have given 2 of them each a bottle of Joint Support XT and they both claimed HUGE relief within 2 weeks of consistent use. Even my Grandma who suffers from severe arthritis has claimed to have more flexibility in her fingers and hips after going through 2 bottles.

JellyJesus

JellyJesus

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Man y'all are awesome. So much easier to ask and learn here then trusting online reviews and opinions. I will look into all suggestions.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Man y'all are awesome. So much easier to ask and learn here then trusting online reviews and opinions. I will look into all suggestions.
Your local Warehouse Store probably has all the usual joint stuff - Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, SAMe, Boswellia, etc... Big cap counts too.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Fish Oil CAN help but you need a high amount of it to really feel anything

Lately Ive been using Joint Help by IForce PLUS Fish oil and all of my joint pain has pretty much left.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I like Flexible from Formutech a lot..but just started using Joint Help..I'm 50.. Pain in wrists prevents me curling heavy..or it did until I started taking it..

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Controlled Labs Fish Oil and PES GenoFlex work great for me.

JellyJesus

JellyJesus

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Is joint pain a precursor to injury? Or just expected when lifting 5-6 times a week? Like my should has been bothering me for about a week and a half. I can tell it's a joint issue and not muscular pain.. So should I ease off, or is this just normal when you start to push heavier weight?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Is joint pain a precursor to injury? Or just expected when lifting 5-6 times a week? Like my should has been bothering me for about a week and a half. I can tell it's a joint issue and not muscular pain.. So should I ease off, or is this just normal when you start to push heavier weight?
You sure it isn't a Tendon or Ligament (Rotator Cuff in Shoulder)? I'd De-load or take an entire 14 days off (shown to NOT affect "gains" and actually help if done once or twice a year). Synovial Fluid and Carteledge may benefit from "Joint Supplements", but I've yet to see any data that they help Tendons or Ligaments... yet they seem to be a universal recommendation for any ouchie in the area.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You sure it isn't a Tendon or Ligament (Rotator Cuff in Shoulder)? I'd De-load or take an entire 14 days off (shown to NOT affect "gains" and actually help if done once or twice a year). Synovial Fluid and Carteledge may benefit from "Joint Supplements", but I've yet to see any data that they help Tendons or Ligaments... yet they seem to be a universal recommendation for any ouchie in the area.
It's only a rat study (multiple rat studies actually), but Bromelain has some research showing it can promote healing in acute tendon injury. Plus there are human studies showing it can reduce knee pain as well as reduce pain following molar removal. Plus it can help with nasal congestion.

Link to tendon study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20623610/

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
https://nutraplanet.com/products/sns-joint-support-xt/

You can purchase SNS joint support xt from Nutraplanet at an unbelievable price!
Yup! Joint Support XT is a great new product.

Especially with the ParActin

Here is a quote from the write up

Paractin®:
Paractin® is a patented, standardized, clinically tested natural COX-2 inhibitor that has been shown to provide natural pain relief for minor joint pain, inflammation, discomfort, and stiffness. Consumer Health Digest has listed Paractin® as one of the top 10 natural pain relievers.*

Paractin® is a patented extract of Andrographis Paniculata, standardized to Andrographolide, 14-deoxyandrographolide and Neoandrographolide.

The benefits of Paractin® look to go beyond its benefits and a natural inflammatory and joint health aid. Research studies on Paractin have indicated that Paractin may have potential benefits for improving memory and learning, boosting immune response, improving skeletal muscle strength and exercise performance and also reducing muscle damage. Research has also shown that Paractin® may be beneficial for bone health and osteoporosis as well as for helping reduce Rheumatoid Factor.*
To OP, if your joints are hurting, I think you need a dedicated joint supp. Fish oil is always good to take, but it's not gonna fix anything.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's only a rat study (multiple rat studies actually), but Bromelain has some research showing it can promote healing in acute tendon injury. Plus there are human studies showing it can reduce knee pain as well as reduce pain following molar removal. Plus it can help with nasal congestion.

Link to tendon study:
Idk about you but when I look for a joint supplement, if it doesn't help with nasal congestion I'm not interested

Reactions: mw1
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Idk about you but when I look for a joint supplement, if it doesn't help with nasal congestion I'm not interested
Haha. I was just showing that it's a nice ingredient with more than one use, so may be worth a try. Lots of promising ingredients in the newer joint support supplements (Boswellia, Andrographis, Microlactin) have other benefits (allergies, asthma, colds, etc) as well.

Bengal

Bengal

Awards
I am going to go against most everyone else. Fish oil is nothing short of total bad a$$. I take 2-3 ed for general health. 6 a day for joint pain, and as many as 9 a day if tendinitis flares up. At 9 a day your blood is thin like rubbing alcohol. It is a strong natural anti inflamoitori

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I am going to go against most everyone else. Fish oil is nothing short of total bad a$$. I take 2-3 ed for general health. 6 a day for joint pain, and as many as 9 a day if tendinitis flares up. At 9 a day your blood is thin like rubbing alcohol. It is a strong natural anti inflamoitori
^ Agree

Tho I have arthritis in my knee's due to some injuries the fish oil has overall def helped but the health benefits of the fish oil alone should make it worth it for most to use it many of us do not eat very much fish or foods containing omega 3's and a massive over abundance of omega 6 and 9 which alone can cause inflammation.

It is largely going to depend on the specific issue and other underlying problems

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Joint Help has Paractin too..first supp on market to offer..showing why IForce is always leading the way

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Haha. I was just showing that it's a nice ingredient with more than one use, so may be worth a try. Lots of promising ingredients in the newer joint support supplements (Boswellia, Andrographis, Microlactin) have other benefits (allergies, asthma, colds, etc) as well.
They will help out a lot with problems that are associated with inflammation

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They will help out a lot with problems that are associated with inflammation
This. Some of these newer joint support supps are actually good for general health, not just helping with joint issues.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

Link to tendon study:
Well let's see what these Pineapples can do! :D I happen to have right Achilles and left elbow tendon problems right now - I see that a big Vitamin supplier has 60 caps of 500mg of GDA 1200 for sale for about $10. If I'm doing the math correctly (7mg/Kg Rat x 6 KM Factor Rat / 37 KM Factor Human), that's ~115mg for a 100 Kilo man. 500mg should have me back to Marathons and Max Benching in no time! :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well let's see what these Pineapples can do! :D I happen to have right Achilles and left elbow tendon problems right now - I see that a big Vitamin supplier has 60 caps of 500mg of GDA 1200 for sale for about $10. If I'm doing the math correctly (7mg/Kg Rat x 6 KM Factor Rat / 37 KM Factor Human), that's ~115mg for a 100 Kilo man. 500mg should have me back to Marathons and Max Benching in no time! :)
If it's who I'm thinking of, I'd opt for (and I am opting for) the Enteric Bromelain (60 caps of 500mg/1200GDU caps for $14, or less with coupons. The study used 600 GDU Bromelain, while this one is 2400GDU/gram, so 1 cap is plenty. I'm picking up some 5-Loxin Boswellia, Microlactin, and some Spirulina to go with it for joint support!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If it's who I'm thinking of, I'd opt for (and I am opting for) the Enteric Bromelain (60 caps of 500mg/1200GDU caps for $14, or less with coupons. The study used 600 GDU Bromelain, while this one is 2400GDU/gram, so 1 cap is plenty. I'm picking up some 5-Loxin Boswellia, Microlactin, and some Spirulina to go with it for joint support!
Ok, disregard some of the info in the PM. Gotcha!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 37
CATdiesel76 Supplements 16
Dustin07 Supplements 22
number2 Supplements 16