How much fish oil is enough?

number2

number2

Awards
Im just curious as to what everyone here doses at. Im 6' 188lbs for reference, i currently take a generic omega 3,6,9 and 2grams of fish oil daily, just wondering if there would be benefit for me bumping that up or what people around my size are using. Also can anyone recomend anything for sore joints, I just turned 30 and i dont think im overtraining to hurt like this. Im not that old yet i dont believe.

number2

number2

Awards
my omega 3 6 9 only has 180mg of epa and 120mg of dha for reference its spring valley brand.

number2

number2

Awards
ok i see now im an idiot some times my fish oil also has the epa and dha at higher lvls 360 and 240 mg. I think ill double the dose i was taking and see if that helps any with my shoulders.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
if you're doing it simply for joint issues, try picking up some glucosamine or even orange triad

number2

number2

Awards
That orange triad looks good, ill have to keep that in mind when i run out of my multivitamin. Any recomendations on a glucosamine brand?

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
glucosamine, chondrin, MSM are all inferior to Cissus. There;s plently of research showing how ineffective they are.

Fish oil, 5-8 caps a day, depends on weight, Krill oil- 2-3 caps a day.

miklgagne

Awards
Cissus was what I have heard reccomended for joint issues numerous times as well.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you've never tried cissus before, for the price (bulk powder @ Nutra), you owe it to your joints, tendons, & ligaments to give it a shot!! Oh, its also been reported that cissus also helps with cort control.

number2

number2

Awards
Thanks guys i upped my dosage today and the pain went away. That being the case wouldnt that mean that my joints are dry?

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys i upped my dosage today and the pain went away. That being the case wouldnt that mean that my joints are dry?
could be one reason. to say that it is the reason though is next to impossible; too many factors to consider.

are you taking any AI or hormonal product that could affect your estrogen?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should check out krill oil bro. Theres a thread about it a few pages back about some of the advantages over regular fish oil:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/178335-why-should-i-new-post.html
I agree with this. Krill only needs to be dosed at one cap twice per day to be effective instead of taking multiple caps of fish oil. There ate a lot of health benefits with krill that exceed fish oil. RLS supplements makes one named TS-krill available at NTBM that is top quality.