My experience with (-)-Epicatechin

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I've tried 3 different brands of (-)-Epicatechin. From best to worst is

1) Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin - Felt benefits such as increase stamina starting week 2
2) CEL Epi-Plex - Only felt 1 day of increase stamina. Other than that, I didn't feel/notice anything
3) Olympus Labs Ep1c Unleashed - made be vomit every time unless I took with food which bummed me out because I've hears such good things about it.

This is my experience, yours may/will be different.

I'd like to try ACE-031 or Follistatin, but too damn expensive.

brenthebdog

brenthebdog

Awards
Currently taking Olympus Labs Ep1c Unleashed. What I do is take it with (3) 1g coconut oil softgels and (1) 10mg Bioperine pill before lifting at the 2 pill dosage. If all of my opinions with this supp were contingent on the past two weeks effectiveness I'd be inclined to call this stuff snake oil. I also got suckered into Black Lions marketing on Follidrone initially, I ran the whole bottle and nothing.

yenohregdab

yenohregdab

Awards
I've tried 3 different brands of (-)-Epicatechin. From best to worst is

1) Optimum Alpha (-)-Epicatechin - Felt benefits such as increase stamina starting week 2
2) CEL Epi-Plex - Only felt 1 day of increase stamina. Other than that, I didn't feel/notice anything
3) Olympus Labs Ep1c Unleashed - made be vomit every time unless I took with food which bummed me out because I've hears such good things about it.

This is my experience, yours may/will be different.

I'd like to try ACE-031 or Follistatin, but too damn expensive.
Not tried it myself but you could try Ep1c Unleashed TD?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had good experiences with Follidrone and Ep1c (capped). Sorry yours weren't as good.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
thx for sharing!
your welcome.

Currently taking Olympus Labs Ep1c Unleashed. What I do is take it with (3) 1g coconut oil softgels and (1) 10mg Bioperine pill before lifting at the 2 pill dosage. If all of my opinions with this supp were contingent on the past two weeks effectiveness I'd be inclined to call this stuff snake oil. I also got suckered into Black Lions marketing on Follidrone initially, I ran the whole bottle and nothing.
It should kick in around 2-3 weeks. What I noticed about (-)- epi is lower pulse, increased stamina, but it doesn't kick in right away...kinda like 2nd wind, leaner, many PRs in regards to weight lifting and 1,2 & 3 mile time and reduced rest time between set.

Not tried it myself but you could try Ep1c Unleashed TD?
Not yet, but I would like to try. Since I am the only person that vomited after dosing, I can say that the problem was/is me, NOT the product. For some strange/unknown reason my stomach rejected it.

Had good experiences with Follidrone and Ep1c (capped). Sorry yours weren't as good.
me too

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^ Same. I love both products. I'm currently using ep1c unleashed capsules and don't have any issues but it definitely depends on the user to what side effects you will get. I'm gunna be running anafuse after I finish this bottle of ep1c.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had best results with Follidrone and Ep1c Unleashed. I haven't tried Optimum Alpha. How is the price on that one? I love the endurance boost I get from -(-)epi.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've had best results with CEL EPI-PLEX

latinorebel

Awards
I'm on my second run with EP1C UNLEASHED.

The first time around I thought I was a non responder. It eventually kicked in close to 3 weeks in.

This time around I'm stacking it with STR3NGTH UNLEASHED.

I'm about to go into my third week now.

All I can say is that I've been asked twice now if I'm on the juice.

I know others are skeptical about these two, but I'm enjoying it.

And I just started taking TR1UMPH, so let's see how this stack works out for me.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've had best results with CEL EPI-PLEX
me too and the only reason I say it is cause the 4 I tried, epic, epic UL, folli, and epi plex were nearly the same. EPI-PLEX wins due to its cost...

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Epic Gainz FTW.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I had best results with Follidrone and Ep1c Unleashed. I haven't tried Optimum Alpha. How is the price on that one? I love the endurance boost I get from -(-)epi.
$45.99

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
me too and the only reason I say it is cause the 4 I tried, epic, epic UL, folli, and epi plex were nearly the same. EPI-PLEX wins due to its cost...
+1 the cost can't be beat

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn throwing up? Do you think it was one of the other ingredients in unleashed or the -epi?

vladimirb68

Awards
I've experienced the same thing myself with EU. I've tried original Epic and a few other epi products with no issues. I believe the nausea is caused by the green tea extract. I've had that reaction to other GTE containing products. Small amount of food takes care of the issue. Hope this helps

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you tried this? Price is high but you're getting 350mgs twice a day which is the highest I've seen if I can remember correctly.
Yes I have. This thread is a good read on the product as a whole. The SEDDS delivery system is pretty cool too.

I also tried Myosynergy(before trying EG) which I was not impressed by in the least.

Also just got 2 bottles on ebay for $118 shipped.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes I have. This thread is a good read on the product as a whole. The SEDDS delivery system is pretty cool too.
I also tried Myosynergy(before trying EG) which I was not impressed by in the least.

Also just got 2 bottles on ebay for $118 shipped.
I think I'm gonna try it out. It's almost double the actives than any other epi product. I didn't really notice anything at all with Ep1c unleashed honestly. Maybe a bit of a pump but nothing special.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Damn throwing up? Do you think it was one of the other ingredients in unleashed or the -epi?
I must be because I didn't get that reaction from other -epi product

I've experienced the same thing myself with EU. I've tried original Epic and a few other epi products with no issues. I believe the nausea is caused by the green tea extract. I've had that reaction to other GTE containing products. Small amount of food takes care of the issue. Hope this helps
Interesting. thank you as you helped me figure out why I reacted as I did.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They removed my link : (

brenthebdog

brenthebdog

Awards
It should kick in around 2-3 weeks. What I noticed about (-)- epi is lower pulse, increased stamina, but it doesn't kick in right away...kinda like 2nd wind, leaner, many PRs in regards to weight lifting and 1,2 & 3 mile time and reduced rest time between set.
I figured as much, that's why I'm giving it 4 bottles to impress me. After going through PubMed it reads as being more beneficial as a blood sugar attenuator than an anabolic compound anyways

(-)-Epicatechin attenuates high-glucose-induced inflammation by epigenetic modulation in human monocytes.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26704714

Effects of (-)-epicatechin on molecular modulators of skeletal muscle growth and differentiation.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24314870

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/(-)-catechin.PNG/171px-(-)-catechin.PNG
(-)-catechin (2S,3R)

MAPK1 (Mitogen-activated protein kinase 1) and MAPK3 (Mitogen-activated protein kinase 3) are enzymes that are extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs) and act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals, involved in a wide variety of cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, transcription regulation, and development. Catechin seems to increase their expression. *(Probably the pharmacokinetics involved with Follistatin/Myostatin regulation.)*

It makes for quite an ambitious read but these are the proteins they claim can be so profoundly affected by some super green tea extract:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Follistatin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myokine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catechin

Deleted member 238667

I've been looking into Epi as well. Try ep1c transdermal.