Carb Powder

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
whats your view on supplementing with a carb powder? Im looking into getting a powder that has oats,yam powder and blueberry powder(some of yall might know which im talking about) just for convenience sake. Plus its cheaper per serve than buying oat packs. How would you supplement with it?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
would take it instead of oats if that's the case. I don't like drinking my calories because it is never as satisfying as real food IMO

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree. I don't really like carb drinks. I'd just do a good blended protein powder and mix it in with a bowl of oatmeal. That's what I like to do.

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
If your gonna get carb powder id get karbolyn; quick and easy carb loading, and noticeably workout performance when taken pre. As for the powder you stated if rather just buy those foods in whole form, it's the same thing or better.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whats your view on supplementing with a carb powder? Im looking into getting a powder that has oats,yam powder and blueberry powder(some of yall might know which im talking about) just for convenience sake. Plus its cheaper per serve than buying oat packs. How would you supplement with it?
I paid $10 for a 10 lb bag of powdered oats. 25 servings of 70ish g carbs.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought evomuse or South...something had a carb powder out a while back. Everyone seemed to love it.
MidwestBeast you know the product I'm talking about?. I think I was talking to you about it in a thread a few years back when it was popular.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought evomuse or South...something had a carb powder out a while back. Everyone seemed to love it.
MidwestBeast you know the product I'm talking about?. I think I was talking to you about it in a thread a few years back when it was popular.
Southland GlycoMyx. I went through a lot of that stuff.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that's it.
]
That's interesting, it's only like 18 bucks too.
But it's only 18 servings(but it's 39gs of carbs per serve) I may give that a try after I'm done with what I ordered. It's 20g of carbs per scoop plus some extra added goodies. there's like 60 servings per container. I'm going to mix it with protein and make sludge when I do use it.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
If your gonna get carb powder id get karbolyn; quick and easy carb loading, and noticeably workout performance when taken pre. As for the powder you stated if rather just buy those foods in whole form, it's the same thing or better.
I'm basically going to mix it with protein and make sludge, I'm not sure I wanna try karbolyn and sludge tbh

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I don't really like carb drinks. I'd just do a good blended protein powder and mix it in with a bowl of oatmeal. That's what I like to do.
I'm going to be using it in place of oatmeal. Trying to replace the oats with the powder to change it up. With the tub it's only like 10 cent more per serve than using the oat packs.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't purchase it. Much rather eat those foods and feel full and satisfied. A carb powder could be beneficial if training fasted, but I still prefer to go with just an animo acid product in that case.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't purchase it. Much rather eat those foods and feel full and satisfied. A carb powder could be beneficial if training fasted, but I still prefer to go with just an animo acid product in that case.
I'd be making sludge with it and using it post workout and before bed

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
MTS just came out with a carb powder.

Not going to speak on the science aspect of their product because I leave that to the aware, but they seem to be a serious company and the Cookies & Cream flavor that has been carried over from their whey is phenomenal.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Depends on your goals.

There is some research out there showing that a post workout shake containing BOTH protein and a good amt of carbs results in greater growth/recovery than just a standard whey shake. I can dig that research up for you if interested.

Intra I'm normally not a big fan unless its balls to the walls endurance/extended workout times, or a fasted situation (in which case some EAAs/BCAAs/Carbs can help.).

Outside of that....maybe on a bulk it could come in handy at times but if you get your grains and rice in its prop unnecessary.

REP85

Awards
i take a dextrose simple carb after my workout so my body will use the energy from that instead of using the energy from my post protein and more of the protein will be used my the muscles

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FWIW, I haven't been using powdered carb supplements in a while, but I'd tried most of the stuff (waxy maize, Karbolic, etc.). I would just buy a 50 pound bag of dextrose from a baking company and use that with my whey isolate for post-workout.

For anything else, GlycoMyx was great, but I'd also just buy the big thing of regular oats and put them in a coffee grinder and make a fine oat powder and add that -- pretty easy to do.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
i take a dextrose simple carb after my workout so my body will use the energy from that instead of using the energy from my post protein and more of the protein will be used my the muscles
Jim, is that you?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
FWIW, I haven't been using powdered carb supplements in a while, but I'd tried most of the stuff (waxy maize, Karbolic, etc.). I would just buy a 50 pound bag of dextrose from a baking company and use that with my whey isolate for post-workout.

For anything else, GlycoMyx was great, but I'd also just buy the big thing of regular oats and put them in a coffee grinder and make a fine oat powder and add that -- pretty easy to do.
I would literally only be using it for sludge. So I would never have it in a shake or during my workout. But I may have to look into getting a coffee grinder and making oat powder, that sounds like a good idea. What do you use?

REP85

Awards
lol no but i do follow his workout plans and some of his advice.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would literally only be using it for sludge. So I would never have it in a shake or during my workout. But I may have to look into getting a coffee grinder and making oat powder, that sounds like a good idea. What do you use?
I just bought like a $15 Hamilton Beach type one from Amazon -- works for me. No reason to go expensive; just read the reviews because some of them are rated badly because of pieces breaking.

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
Grind up some oatmeal to a fine powder in a blender, might save some money

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
I've always just blended oats up into my shakes for extra carbs (could add bananas, etc for more). Tho I know Rich just came out with some 5%er BS that's suppose to be a pretty legit carb supp (like uses rice and sweet potatoes). Would have to look into it yourself as I'm not too aware/don't rlly care :p

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I would just make oatmeal, so much more satisfying.
oatmeal and use PB as your fat source and mix in the PB with the oatmeal with some cinnamon...omg jeez every where.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. I make Chocolate PB Oat shakes for my kids all the time. 8oz Milk, 1/2 cup whole oats, 1 tbs natural PB, 1 tbs cocoa powder 1 tbs powdered sugar, 1 scoop of unflavored whey. Great for the teens needing extra calories, all natural and tastes great...and did I mention cheap ;-)

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other cheap carb sources you can try are cream of wheat, cream of rice, etc. these you may need to cook a bit on the microwave before blending. Just realize these are higher glycemic index than oats but if post workout that may be preferred anyway.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I've always just blended oats up into my shakes for extra carbs (could add bananas, etc for more). Tho I know Rich just came out with some 5%er BS that's suppose to be a pretty legit carb supp (like uses rice and sweet potatoes). Would have to look into it yourself as I'm not too aware/don't rlly care :p
Haha Real Food was actually what i was talking about in the original post

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. I make Chocolate PB Oat shakes for my kids all the time. 8oz Milk, 1/2 cup whole oats, 1 tbs natural PB, 1 tbs cocoa powder 1 tbs powdered sugar, 1 scoop of unflavored whey. Great for the teens needing extra calories, all natural and tastes great...and did I mention cheap ;-)
that sounds purty good

mjdel05

Awards
  • Established
You can just blend oats up and mix it with your shake

Akagami

Awards
Cream of rice/wheat is another excellent sludge pre workout option. You can make your own by grinding rice in a food processor or blender too.

Rice + protein + 100% cocoa (fats) + zero cal sweetener. Great for sustained energy and easy to balance macros

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Cream of rice/wheat is another excellent sludge pre workout option. You can make your own by grinding rice in a food processor or blender too.

Rice + protein + 100% cocoa (fats) + zero cal sweetener. Great for sustained energy and easy to balance macros
that sounds like a good idea

Beta BBer

Awards
Powdered oats run about $1/lb, literally cheaper than maltodextrin or dextrose (where I purchase from).
That's per pound, not per gram of carbohydrate, I have not done the math on that.
Plus oats contain protein, fiber, and are actually food. I think 3 scoops is 70 carbs and 15 protein.

I have NEVER been able to grind oats myself anywhere near as good as buying it already prepped that way, and that's not including the time and mess I would make in my kitchen. Throw in some frozen blueberries and your protein and call it a day.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oatmeal and use PB as your fat source and mix in the PB with the oatmeal with some cinnamon...omg jeez every where.
Add blueberries, bananas, or apples. Also protein powder and cococa powder are amazing too. Needs to be cooked on a stove top though. I will never microwave oatmeal again.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Man?Really?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been doing intra/post carbs with Gatorade powder lately. Just wish they had more flavors.

It's not exactly what you're looking for but I feel that Gold Feast would be a good option, too.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1438999612.913936.jpg