New to Everything - 47 year old waking up

JayDog2712

Awards
I am 47 years old, have always been athletic and recently lost 32 lbs (4months time) with proper diet and excercising. I am generally very disciplined and when I set a goal I will work hard to attain it.

Problem is I do not know where to start. I am 6'2" tall and 189.4lbs...and still have some belly fat that lingers. Starting June 1 I plan to start a 6 day a week work out schedule where I would like to burn the belly fat and gain lean muscle while also toning and bulking a little in amy arms and chest.

I will take any advice from folks who have been where I am or have the knowledge on what would be the best supplment and workout routine to make changes over the three months of the summer.

I have read through some threads and there is so much information I figured I would just ask. Thanks to anyone who takes their time providing some advice.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep doing what you're doing with diet and training. There are a few natural options to consider to enhance your workouts and endurance, which in turn will improve body composition.

Look into Ep1c Unleashed by Olympus Labs, as well as DermaStrength.

Both I feel would serve you well and give a little boost to your goals.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I am 47 years old, have always been athletic and recently lost 32 lbs (4months time) with proper diet and excercising. I am generally very disciplined and when I set a goal I will work hard to attain it. Problem is I do not know where to start. I am 6'2" tall and 189.4lbs...and still have some belly fat that lingers. Starting June 1 I plan to start a 6 day a week work out schedule where I would like to burn the belly fat and gain lean muscle while also toning and bulking a little in amy arms and chest. I will take any advice from folks who have been where I am or have the knowledge on what would be the best supplment and workout routine to make changes over the three months of the summer. I have read through some threads and there is so much information I figured I would just ask. Thanks to anyone who takes their time providing some advice.
Great progress so far brother

You want the holy grail of fat loss + muscle gain
Much easier said than done

Emphasis seems to be fat loss so calorie deficit comes first and lift

What is your lifting program?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
On too of that, for a supplement, Ergonine is the best start and all around option IMO

Athletixsports.com for the write up

image-3088630918.jpg

9 of the best studied ingredients for performance and muscle gain, extra fat loss as well thanks to choline and LCLT ,
On top of extra calorie use to maintain the muscle you will build

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I am 47 years old, have always been athletic and recently lost 32 lbs (4months time) with proper diet and excercising. I am generally very disciplined and when I set a goal I will work hard to attain it.

Problem is I do not know where to start. I am 6'2" tall and 189.4lbs...and still have some belly fat that lingers. Starting June 1 I plan to start a 6 day a week work out schedule where I would like to burn the belly fat and gain lean muscle while also toning and bulking a little in amy arms and chest.

I will take any advice from folks who have been where I am or have the knowledge on what would be the best supplment and workout routine to make changes over the three months of the summer.

I have read through some threads and there is so much information I figured I would just ask. Thanks to anyone who takes their time providing some advice.
If 6 days I would do a 4/2 weights to cardio split or 2*3 workout split.

Im a big fan of increased frequency IF the joints can manage it. For the 4/2 I would run an upper/lower type split and 2 days of intervals.

The 3 sessions twice per week (or upper lower 3x per week with alternating exercises) would take a little more tweaking to get right.

If joints do give you grief, then spreading the load over 6 days with cardio on top would be a good place to start.

As for a supplement: Forskolin is a nice addition as it helps with fat loss and muscle gain, Creatine (SNS sells a 1.2kg tub at nutraplanet for under $15), and if you can tolerate it, Yohimbine and caffeine.

Buying yohimbine 2.5 in bulk is a great way to adjust dosing to fit you.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I'd recommend a short osta cycle followed by a clomid PCT. Throw in some EC, Lipomorph and high intensity training and you'll be sure to succeed. Stick to high volume/reps, your joints will thank you for it and you can get more volume in easier. Do super sets and circuit training to keep your cardio intensity high, and mayne do 2 days a week of HIIT

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're pretty tall at 189. So you have any idea about body fat percentage?

I have had some nice recomps using epi products (anafuse, follidrone, epic unleashed) ergonine would make a great compliment to any goal like driven said. 6 days a week with high protein should continue to produce some nice results. Epi would be one of the better choices for where you're currently at.

JayDog2712

Awards
I think body fat I am still high at about 18-19%. I just ordered ergonine.

Shout out to steelers and Bud Depree

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah that was a nice first round pick up for sure. We need it lol. Our defense is no Bueno haha. Epi would still be good around that body fat percentage as well.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think body fat I am still high at about 18-19%. I just ordered ergonine.

Shout out to steelers and Bud Depree
Enjoy! and let us know how your progress comes along

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'm 48, 6' 0.5" and came down from 285 to 224 (as of yesterday) in 13 months. I don't know though, 6'2" at 189 and you estimate 18-19% still? Ectomorph, huh :) The more body fat you carry, the easier it is to do the *impossible* and gain muscle while losing fat... at least I did anyway. But like you, the lower abs and lower back are slower to trim out. Just get your caloric deficit nailed down and keep at it. I averaged (and still am) about 1.25lbs per week. As above, if you can handle them, Yohimbine HCL @ Two-Tenths of a mg/Kg, and Caffeine - fasted pre-cardio helps. Alternate with Ephedrine (Primatene or Bronkaid at your pharmacy if legal where you live) or same day if you dose far enough apart. Y-HCL half-life is 2.5hrs, E is 4hrs.

As far as training, I trial and error-ed a lot (including giving myself some tennis and golfers elbow) and finally settled on every other day resistance training, alternated with cardio - so I actually am doing *something* every day. I let my body tell me if I really need an actual *rest* day - which luckily, I don't need often.

Chest/Tri's/Shoulders
40 minute run
Deads/Back/Bi's/Traps
40 minute run
Legs/Abs
40 minute run
Repeat

I do Linear Periodized, using 1 week Micro-Cycles, in the Rep Ranges of 8-12, 4-7, 1-3

Every one's different, but that worked for me.