Mass Gaining Protein

89Flex

89Flex

Awards
Im using MuscleMilk rite now as my protein shakes and I was wondering what everyone thought about musclemilk shakes considering im trying to bulk up. I have a extremely fast metabolism and am at 175lbs rite now trying to eventually get 200Lbs im 5'9" 25 years old. If anyone has any better suggestions about protein/bulking powders let me know.

Thanks Guys,
89Flex

GD67

GD67

Awards
you can also just pick a good whey or casein powder and add oatmeal and pb for a calorie blast.

st@ylifting

Awards
I make my own mass gainers are too expensive I put whey egg granola almonds oats and milk 500+ calories

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Drop the muscle milk

Grab a quality protein and add your own carbs and fats.

Healthier, exact flavours you want, customizable the the exact macros you want.

And MM is a pretty poorly tested product

89Flex

89Flex

Awards
Yeah a few years ago I was using Gold Standard whey protein and was putting oatmeal and peanut butter in it. My brother is gonna give me a 5lb jug of Casein protein powder that he doesn't use also. (The first time I started working out in highschool I only weighed 110 pounds and I gained like 20 pounds on a mass diet but then kinda layed off for a few years but ive reached my proper adult weight now and am at 175 so I think it will be possible to eventually get to my 200lb goal with some serious lifting and dieting and the right combo of supps)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If you're after supps besides protein there are solid options to bulk with and help keep weight gain lean.

Diet comes first though and I strongly suggest whole foods over a gainer.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like adding coconut oil to shakes for extra Cals and healthy fats. I just take a whey protein shake w whole
Milk and add what I want to make it a mass gainer. Tastes great, cheap, and effective.

89Flex

89Flex

Awards
The last mass diet I did was 6 high quality protein,carb rich meals followed by a protein shake with each one and also a shake and baked potato before bed. I would drink N.O. Xplode before my workout and take the Nano x9 by muscletech as well as creatine powder. I have really nice gains from that considering I was still a teenager and my metabolism was even faster then. Since its been a while I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as what some good pre and postworkout supps are on the market these days?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Conquer/hemavol combo from Iforce. Conqu3r/vitality from Olympus labs. Ergonine. These are some of my favorite staples right now.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Get your diet sorted out first man or you wont know where you stand.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ergonine would be your best overall addition, tackles performance from 9 angles, helps lean mass growth through creatine anhydrous, TMG, and Ferulic acid.

Everything at the studied dose. Under $1/day and comes with a free BOGO supplement right now at athletixsports.com

I'd recommend Amentomax

10% extra off with my code "driven"

Aside from that, for your goals,
Magnitropin or Anabeta Elite

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
I would just add oats and peanut butter to something like

http: //orbitnutrition.com/cart/protein-powder/whey-protein-powder/pes-select-protein-55-serving.html

You'll get more of what youre after - protein - carbs and fats are easily added to shakes

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Get your diet sorted out first man or you wont know where you stand.
Some good advice in this thread, but this by NewAgeMayan is the best. Figure out roughly what your calories expended every day are and then see just how much extra calories you need to add to your diet. And stop wasting money on that stuff. Great tips in here on how to add extra calories to a basic protein shake.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you really want to use a mass gainer, throw a quality protein powder, nut butter or nuts, milk or som other liquid, fruit, whatever else you like in a blender.

I would opt for real food for that caloric intake though. Much more satisfying.

89Flex

89Flex

Awards
thanks for the suggestions...what is the best Creatine supplement? any opinions or advice appreciated
also how about a good pre workout sup? like I used NO Xplode before

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
thanks for the suggestions...what is the best Creatine supplement? any opinions or advice appreciated
also how about a good pre workout sup? like I used NO Xplode before
SNS sells 1.2kg of creatine monohydrate for less than $15 at Nutraplanet.

Never need anything other than monohydrate

89Flex

89Flex

Awards
In regards to the Iso Mass Gainer
Ive never had it but just read a lot of reviews on it on bodybuilding.com and everyone says its works really good just tastes like crap

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you really want to use a mass gainer, throw a quality protein powder, nut butter or nuts, milk or som other liquid, fruit, whatever else you like in a blender.

I would opt for real food for that caloric intake though. Much more satisfying.
This is the only way to do it in my opinion. Homemade > "gainer" everytime.

PS.... Use Purus Myofeed

89Flex

89Flex

Awards
As of rite now my food intake is roughly 2,940 calories, 210 g protein, and 281 g carbs for the day everyday... along with some unhealthy snacks throughtout the day as well... my metabolism is so fast that it takes just that much for me to stay where im at weight wise.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
dude i currently maintain @ 4500kcal+ a day and have no dire need for a 'weight gainer', your metab isnt that fast...

89Flex

89Flex

Awards
hmmm maybe I just need to up my calories even more to like 3500 or 4000 and see how that does for me.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You don't have an insane metabolism, you are an under-eater. You lack the knowledge of what your TDEE is and how many calories you take in daily. Arbitrarily throwing protein shakes or gainer shakes at your body doesn't solve much. The first step should be to educate yourself better in nutrition and basic physiology.

After that, stick to the basics like creatine monohydrate, beta alanine, and maybe some citrulline. Caffeine tabs are cheap and effective as well.