Supplements for a Sprinter

dcow08

Awards
Would you recommend Cordygen VO2 and/or Applied Nutriceuticals RPM and Drive for a 200/400m sprinter? I am looking for something to increase my speed, endurance, and stamina. I would stack these with Body Octane + Creatine. All inputs and advice is welcomed. Thanks.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS Bulk COP (Creatinol O-Phospate) would be an excellent addition, IMO. COP can help to buffer lactic acid, and assist with recovery. It would work well with Creatine and BA, IMO. You already have BA, LCLT and other things in Body Octane. Is it the newer Body Octane?

SNS COP is only $7.29 on NP right now for 90 caps at 500mg each. 4 caps will give you a 2 gram dose :)

I've never tried those other products, but have read that cordyceps can assist with lactate threshold.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Creatine and COP sound like what you need. They both help produce more ATP which sprinters can always use more of.
What are you currently taking / have at your disposal?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

dcow08

Awards
Right now, I'm just taking whey, multivitamin, and fish oil. I currently have creatine monohydrate available.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Athletix Ergonine gets a thumbs up here

Many ingredients for explosiveness (transferable to leg power and speed in many cases) and endurance + recovery.

On top of creatine including TMG and choline amplifies its effects further

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Right now, I'm just taking whey, multivitamin, and fish oil. I currently have creatine monohydrate available.
if you're in high school all i would recommend is ergonine. Simply because at that age test is peaking and there isn't much else you can do to become better other than training

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
COP ~ 2g
LCLT ~ 2g
BA ~ 3.2-4g
Creatine ~ 3-5g
HICA ~ 1-1.5g

^^^ That would be a good
Ergonine is also a solid all in one product for endurance/performance.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
COP ~ 2g LCLT ~ 2g BA ~ 3.2-4g Creatine ~ 3-5g HICA ~ 1-1.5g ^^^ That would be a good Ergonine is also a solid all in one product for endurance/performance.
Perfect list

Ergonine has most at those exact doses :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
COP ~ 2g
LCLT ~ 2g
BA ~ 3.2-4g
Creatine ~ 3-5g
HICA ~ 1-1.5g

^^^ That would be a good
Ergonine is also a solid all in one product for endurance/performance.
Beat me to it... was gonna add beta alanine to the list. COP is a staple for power for me as well but BA gives me both "energy" - from the tingles - as well as functional improvement.

BA/Alcar/COP/Creatine is cheap as dirt and highly effective

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beat me to it... was gonna add beta alanine to the list. COP is a staple for power for me as well but BA gives me both "energy" - from the tingles - as well as functional improvement.

Same here! I thought OP already had Body Octane, LOL.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Same here! I thought OP already had Body Octane, LOL.
I never liked Body Octane much... didnt seem to get much from it so I used it strictly to stack with other things... also sometimes intra if I had a planned 2hr leg destruction day ha.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Millenium sports PEAK ATP would be the rigth stuff for you

dcow08

Awards
Thanks everyone for the responses. A couple of questions. So am I better off not taking a supplement like body octane or purple wraath? Also, I've heard a ton of positive things about Cordygen VO2 Ultra for sprinters. Would it benefit me or not?

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Thanks everyone for the responses. A couple of questions. So am I better off not taking a supplement like body octane or purple wraath? Also, I've heard a ton of positive things about Cordygen VO2 Ultra for sprinters. Would it benefit me or not?
Something like purple wraath would be more for muscle loss prevention. It's not really going to enhance your performance a whole lot. Not as much as a good creatine/PreW based supp

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
I would look into actigin by NuLivScience as well.

ActiGin is a unique sports nutrition ingredient proven in multiple research studies including a randomized placebo controlled human clinical to support enhanced glycogen delivery to muscle tissues, increased exercise to exhaustion time up to 20% and reduce inflammation markers such as IL-6 and MDA by up to 44% post exercise!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CreMax would also be something to consider, you have COP and Creatine. Not to mention, it also contains TMG which can assist in delaying fatigue and improve power output. In addition, Taurine is included in the formula which will assist you with performance, endurance, and hydration.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

BA = Beta Alanine bud i already stated that :)

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like cardiotryx by Evomuse alongside some follidrone for the added endurance.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You are a sprinter, so take straight PEAK ATP, no need for cordyceep that can increase ATP and endurence, you don t need endurance just short power burst, creatine an PEAK ATP should be your pick.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

what? Energy from the tingling?

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You are a sprinter, so take straight PEAK ATP, no need for cordyceep that can increase ATP and endurence, you don t need endurance just short power burst, creatine an PEAK ATP should be your pick.
My bad, i taught you were a 100 meter sprinter! Ye for longer running cordyceep is suppose to increase ATP and lunds capacity, so it would be a great choice. Rhodialo rosea is suppose to help with ATP, lookk into it also, i think it might also be included in cordygen Vo2

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I find that Ergonine helps with my recovery from hockey so I say it would translate well to sprinting. Add in some beta-alinine and you have a nice stack. Throw in some caffeinated preworkout for a little kick.

dcow08

Awards
Thanks for the responses. Some questions I have about Ergonine. Why doesn't it contain beta alanine or citrulline malate, which I hear are very helpful to sprinters? Also, could/should this supplement be stacked with Cordygen VO2 Ultra and caffeine? These may be stupid questions, however, I am not very knowledgeable about supplements at all.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
what? Energy from the tingling?
I say "energy" in quotes because it doesn't truly provide energy in the caffeine sense but the tingles make me feel good and I get excited ha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the responses. Some questions I have about Ergonine. Why doesn't it contain beta alanine or citrulline malate, which I hear are very helpful to sprinters? Also, could/should this supplement be stacked with Cordygen VO2 Ultra and caffeine? These may be stupid questions, however, I am not very knowledgeable about supplements at all.
ba and cit mal are really meant to be acutely effective vs ergonine which is meant to be a daily staple that can be dosed anytime as the effects are compounding and continuous
Driven2lift can get into more detail tho.

Def could stack though with either of those

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Millenium Sports Peak Elite. This product is focused around muscle excitability with a good dose of peak atp and focus with alpha gpc. Great stuff, no artificial colors or sweetners. My performance on this has increased greatly. Perfect for high intensity athletics.

Last edited:

dcow08

Awards
Okay, I'm planning on using Ergonine. So would it be helpful to stack it with beta alanine and citrulline malate? Also, do I still need to take creatine monohydrate separately?

On top of creatine including TMG and choline amplifies its effects further
How would TMG and choline help?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Okay, I'm planning on using Ergonine. So would it be helpful to stack it with beta alanine and citrulline malate? Also, do I still need to take creatine monohydrate separately?

No creatine necessary as e9 will have you covered. BA and CM will be perfect additions to this though. I would stack all three and try to take them pre workout and then on off days just skip the ba/cm altogether. e9 is daily dosed always.

tmg and/or choline are already in e9 so no need to add... or were you asking what their benefits are?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

There is 3g of creatine in Ergonine
you can make sure you get at least 3.2-4g BA and 6g Citrulline malate or 3-4g L-Citrulline for a maximum dose.
You could also consider adding in forms of agmatine (for nutrient partitioning) like 500mg to 1g

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Sorry brother with the search function down I mussed a fee threads today

E9 includes the things I listed, on its own it is a seriously beneficial formula and is taken once a day at any time.

Is Boone said ingredients with acute effects can be used right before such as l-citrulline, BA, Nitrates, etc.

E9 os amazing on its own but if you want stacking suggestions the above comments have you covered.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
For sprinting, creatine -can find 1.2 kgs of SNS creatine (which is almost a tears worth) for around $15.

Caffeine, undeniable for performance enhancement.

Betaine

Would be plenty. You can get all for quite cheap and pay maybe 20 cents per day, if that