CrossFit to Strongman Supplement Help

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Folks-

I'm a 37 yo male who weighs in at 220 and is moving from CrossFit to Strongman. Needless to say...I need to get stronger. I've never used PH or AAS.

There is a competition coming up in May and the events are in my wheelhouse. There is no magic pill or substitute for hard work. However, I'm looking to recomp and gain strength.

I've been researching and Ostarine supps of all kinds and Anafuse keep coming up. Any recommendations on specific supplements or advice from those who have used either would be appreciated.

As this is the first thread I've ever started please let me know if I've gone about this the wrong way. I'm here to learn.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd recommend Follidrone and nitrates. I have several guys that are getting ready to compete in the Reebok games here loving Folli and report great results keeping up the endurance and adding much needed strength in preparation. Adding nitrates will only enhance this and compliment the added power in the later parts of your sets.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd recommend Follidrone and nitrates. I have several guys that are getting ready to compete in the Reebok games here loving Folli and report great results keeping up the endurance and adding much needed strength in preparation. Adding nitrates will only enhance this and compliment the added power in the later parts of your sets.
two good options here. I love both of them :) Nice transition too btw ;) anafuse is similar to Follidrone with a couple extra ingredients as well that should help with endurance and some muscle building. Can't go wrong with any of them.

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/anafuse-by-vital-labs

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/follidrone-by-black-lion-research

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/noxygen-by-purus-labs

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Thanks for all the replies. I should've posted sooner. Lots of great information from everyone. I plan on making a decision and then posting a log of my progress. Should be fun.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
First of all welcome to Anabolic Minds brother :)

Are you using any supplements at all currently?

Before looking into new-to-the-scene ingredients you should invest in what we as bodybuilders/athletes KNOW works.

These are the "staple" ingredients such as creatine, and its very synergistic partner Betaine Anhydrous or TMG.

Athletix has made getting all of the staples easy, with our latest product Ergonine.

I encourage you to read reviews here or anywhere as we have not had a bad one yet.
One scoop a day and you get the nine of the very best ergogenic and myogenic ingredients.

Everything is at proper doses and flavoured in Nanaberry or Blue Frost which are great to drink.

Each ingredient has a host of benefits alone but overall you are looking at a supplement that will:

-increase muscle fullness
-increase workout endurance
-improve recovery
-increase strength
-help build lean body mass

We sell this for under $1 per day, unheard of value for everything we offer in Ergonine.
Check it out at athletixsports.com

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First of all welcome to Anabolic Minds brother :) Are you using any supplements at all currently? Before looking into new-to-the-scene ingredients you should invest in what we as bodybuilders/athletes KNOW works. These are the "staple" ingredients such as creatine, and its very synergistic partner Betaine Anhydrous or TMG. Athletix has made getting all of the staples easy, with our latest product Ergonine. I encourage you to read reviews here or anywhere as we have not had a bad one yet. One scoop a day and you get the nine of the very best ergogenic and myogenic ingredients. Everything is at proper doses and flavoured in Nanaberry or Blue Frost which are great to drink. Each ingredient has a host of benefits alone but overall you are looking at a supplement that will: -increase muscle fullness -increase workout endurance -improve recovery -increase strength -help build lean body mass We sell this for under $1 per day, unheard of value for everything we offer in Ergonine. Check it out at athletixsports.com
this is too good to pass up! get some E9!

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
I'm very sensitive to stimulants so I have always built my own pre-workout supplement...

Here is what it currently consists of: citrulline malate, BCAAs, beta alanine, taurine.

My post-workout shake has a scoop of creatine in it. Recently I grabbed some APE by AEN since it was half off. Figured I'd give a test booster a shot since I'm 37.

I am going to add some betaine anhydrous to my pre-workout. I appreciate the tip. If I didn't have bulk powders on hand I'd jump on Ergonine. Seems like a legit product with tons of great reviews and at a great price.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Remember us when you run out ;)

Have you tried Agmatine or nitrates with that pre mix as well? Worth considering

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I'm very sensitive to stimulants so I have always built my own pre-workout supplement...

Here is what it currently consists of: citrulline malate, BCAAs, beta alanine, taurine.

My post-workout shake has a scoop of creatine in it. Recently I grabbed some APE by AEN since it was half off. Figured I'd give a test booster a shot since I'm 37.

I am going to add some betaine anhydrous to my pre-workout. I appreciate the tip. If I didn't have bulk powders on hand I'd jump on Ergonine. Seems like a legit product with tons of great reviews and at a great price.
ErgoNine and BCAA mix is an amazing preworkout.

If you are looking to recomp then AlphaMax would be right down your alley
Alphamax contains a full 50mg of 95% Forskolin, high percent extract so you shouldnt get any stomach upset! activates cAMP pathways
Also has a full 75mg arimistane to control both estrogen and cortisol, helping to lean you out while adding lean mass which is perfect for pct(and for general physique purposes)
And to round it out, Alphamax also contains Divanill + L-DOPA, perfect 1-2 punch for both Free and Total testosterone and to help reduce prolactin
And of course it contains full 4000iu of Vitamin D3 and Zinc for testosterone support.

but it will really help with sleep and a "go get them" mentality which gives you an edge most of the time.

SuppWithThat

SuppWithThat

Awards
As far as a preworkout I can recommend you Catalyst. It is new and from Momentum Nutrition but they put a really good dose of Alpha GPC int here and blended with the other ingredients we have come to the conclusion that this preworkout is a power producer. I personally used it and am on my second container. The combo of nitrates and supporting ingredients really makes a difference both in recovery time and bursts of power. My partner is more of a bodybuilder and he is between Legion Pulse and Catalyst as well.

changemyoil66

Awards
APE is my fav test booster. But I would look into AMentomax by analyzed supplements.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I thought one of the most important parts of making the switch from crossfit to powerlifting will be your recovery and potential fatigue / soreness.
For instance, exercise depletes choline stores which results in diminished physical performance. Heavy exercise can also deplete critical neurotransmitters for mood and energy levels, which is why you may often feel drained at the end of a heavy workout. Choline doubles up as a performance enhancer by keeping mood and energy levels stable.
LCLT is an amazing recovery aid, and it aids recovery through multiple angles. First, it reduces muscle catabolism and destruction as evidenced by muscle markers of damage. Next, it reduces lactate production by increasing oxygen delivery to muscle, which should result in reduced soreness by preventing acidosis
Next, By consuming L-glutamine with L-alanine, glutamine delivery to muscle tissue is massively increased, and the recovery pathways can finally have potential
Lastly, HICA, also known as Leucic Acid or Alpha-Hydroxy-Isocaproic Acid has been shown in elite athletes to increase muscle mass, reduce fat mass, reduce soreness, and improve performance. We have seen a ton of feeback from users nociticng immediate feedback on recovery improvement with Ergonine.
If you decide to look at Ergonine, you'll be getting all of the above in addition to the Creatine, Betaine and Ferulic Acid as Driven has mentioned :)

SuppWithThat

SuppWithThat

Awards

Consider throwing some L-Carnitine L-Tartrate into the mix. Study after study has shown us that LCLT is great for reducing muscular damage and enhancing recovery from resistance training. Preliminary evidence also suggests it can encourage a favorable hormonal environment by keeping Testosterone towards the higher end of the normal healthy range.

It is pretty inexpensive when purchased in bulk but could potentially make a world of difference when it comes to recovery. Few companies put enough LCLT in their products to actually make a difference, although we will point out that Ergonine packs an ultra-solid 2g dose per serving so when you run out of bulk powders that would be a product to consider!

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
A wealth of information has come my way. Thanks again to all. I have decided to listen to the masses and add some LCLT powder to the pre-workout along with the betaine anhydrous. Since soy granules are super cheap I am going to get my PA dose a day that way. I'm going to hold off on other supplements for now. I am going to see if the new additions help me realize some results. I do see me using Anafuse or Follindrone in the future.

Athletix and Drive2lift...I will be chatting with our CrossFit box owner where I am a trainer about Ergonine. That is a great product at an unbeatable price and I think we should spread the work to our athletes. I'd love to see it in our box and see our athletes using it. I can tell you that as soon as my powders run out I will be making the switch so I won't have to mix my own concoction anymore.

I'm committing to a contest in May in good old Iowa. As soon as I get my contest prep program together I'll start my workout log. Gotta get ready to compete with the big boys!

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
A wealth of information has come my way. Thanks again to all. I have decided to listen to the masses and add some LCLT powder to the pre-workout along with the betaine anhydrous. Since soy granules are super cheap I am going to get my PA dose a day that way. I'm going to hold off on other supplements for now. I am going to see if the new additions help me realize some results. I do see me using Anafuse or Follindrone in the future.

Athletix and Drive2lift...I will be chatting with our CrossFit box owner where I am a trainer about Ergonine. That is a great product at an unbeatable price and I think we should spread the work to our athletes. I'd love to see it in our box and see our athletes using it. I can tell you that as soon as my powders run out I will be making the switch so I won't have to mix my own concoction anymore.

I'm committing to a contest in May in good old Iowa. As soon as I get my contest prep program together I'll start my workout log. Gotta get ready to compete with the big boys!

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Great to hear! Keep us updated on how the training goes and how you like your new additions.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Great to hear! Keep us updated on how the training goes and how you like your new additions.
^this :)

Sounds like you have a good year ahead of you brother, if you end up running any kind of log give me a shout and I will follow

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I have decided to listen to the masses and add some LCLT powder to the pre-workout along with the betaine anhydrous. Since soy granules are super cheap I am going to get my PA dose a day that way. I'm going to hold off on other supplements for now.
You'd be very pleased once you find the dose of PA that works for you.

boundtoit

Banned
Awards
I am 47. You would really like Osta. I like ARA, but it can be hard on the joints, so Follidrone is my choice. I have been cycling Osta and Viron and Foli for a while now....and am enjoying the results. Something like this. Ostar1ne (20mg until bottle is done (start with 10mg for a few days as you can get some headaches at the beginning), Viron (1 cap a day staring when I am 3/4 done the Osta) and then Foli once I am done the Osta and repeat once Foli is done.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
What do you do for PCT? How many weeks of you run Osta for?

boundtoit

Banned
Awards
What do you do for PCT? How many weeks of you run Osta for?
One bottle of Ostar1ne contains 240 5mg servings @ 20mg per day yields a 60 day cycle. For PCT, I use Viron only. I dose Osta low at 20mg so their is minimal suppression and get great results imo. I did not notice much of a difference with Osta between 20 and 25 mg and I always figure less is better. I start feeling a slight little loss in libido around mid week 3 and that is when I start the Viron. Testicles never get smaller. I take 1 Viron a day for 60 days which takes care of libido, the little bit of suppression that occurs and PCT. Allot of guys don't use a SERM for anything below 25mg and just use an OTC test booster with DAA. imo (and though my trial), Viron is the strongest OTC test booster out their. 20mg is a good dose to start with and Osta is a great supplement that works and imo is super safe and effective. The next level would be to add more SARMS to the Osta run using S4 and or GW-501516.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
I truly appreciate the detailed information. Safety is a big concern for me but your review points toward Osta bring safe and effective when dosed appropriately.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
I will be starting a workout log tonight. It will be placed in the "Workout Log" forum. Follow along if you like as I prepare to compete in my first open competition. Thanks again for all of your reponses. I look forward to interacting with you in the future.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I will be starting a workout log tonight. It will be placed in the "Workout Log" forum. Follow along if you like as I prepare to compete in my first open competition. Thanks again for all of your reponses. I look forward to interacting with you in the future.
if you have any questions feel free to make a thread or if you have a specific question for some company reps put a @ before their name and they will get a notification that they have been summoned