how often to take ARA

powerpunk5000

Awards
do you dose ara everyday or just on workout days?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I usually would just take it 30-45 minutes before my workouts.. But if lets say you're only training three times a week maybe take it 5 times a week. Are you taking x-gels?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stop overthinking and do like this:
-take it everyday
-1g-1.5g
-prior workout 30-60min
-non workoutdays (when u want)
-enjoy

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya basically what these guys said, and that thread is very informative. I lift 5 days a week, so i take ArA 5 times a week. My 2 off days i do not dose.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I take every day at 1g, loving the results.

SuppWithThat

SuppWithThat

Awards
ARA's mechanism of action is dependent on the signaling molecules (eicosanoids) PGF(2α) and PGE2 which stimulate muscle protein synthesis. These molecules are secreted from muscle cells in response to a stressor such as the stretching of that muscle cell during exercise.

So, to put it simply, ARA "goes to work" in response to training, but there is no reason NOT to take it on off days either.

Wish we could post references but we need to keep posting to ge there!

powerpunk5000

Awards
Im taking x-gels should i dose it at about 3 pills? Thats what around 1g 1.5 grams i probably workout around 3-4 days a week, also when should i take PA? Ik that kinda off topic but i read you take that on workout days only 2 tbsp

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im taking x-gels should i dose it at about 3 pills? Thats what around 1g 1.5 grams i probably workout around 3-4 days a week, also when should i take PA? Ik that kinda off topic but i read you take that on workout days only 2 tbsp
1 cap is 250mg of ArA. So 4-6 caps will give you 1-1.5 grams ArA.

Dose PA pre-workout and if you want to split the dosage up, take another dose post-workout.

Hyperfluxe

Awards
Question:

During my previous and first ArA cycle, I used 1.5g during all my training days for 4 days and saw good results (total of 6g weekly).
Now, I train 6x week, so should I use 1g everyday for a total of 6g weekly, or use 1.5g daily? Thanks.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question: During my previous and first ArA cycle, I used 1.5g during all my training days for 4 days and saw good results (total of 6g weekly). Now, I train 6x week, so should I use 1g everyday for a total of 6g weekly, or use 1.5g daily? Thanks.
I train 6x a week and still dose 1.5 grams.
You could try 1 gram and see if you notice any difference.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
MN conducted a study using Ara for 50 consecutive days which showed favourable results. For a more cost effective and longer cycle, dosing on workout days only will also yield favourable results.

:D

Hyperfluxe

Awards
MN conducted a study using Ara for 50 consecutive days which showed favourable results. For a more cost effective and longer cycle, dosing on workout days only will also yield favourable results.

:D
Well from that I guess I should take 1g/day in order for a bottle to last me 50 workout days. 200 softgels x 0.250g per softgel = 50g of ArA. Distributed over 50 workout days, that's 1g/day.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing 5/3/1 and I'm currently in my deload week. I was taking 1.5g pwo during the first three weeks of this cycle. Now that I'm deloading, should I just stick with 1g daily for the week?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well from that I guess I should take 1g/day in order for a bottle to last me 50 workout days. 200 softgels x 0.250g per softgel = 50g of ArA. Distributed over 50 workout days, that's 1g/day.
Yes, that's how some have been dosing. I just stick to 1.5g pre workout.