Blood work and creatine

MorganKane

Awards
I just had my blood work done and my CK and creatinine is high. I wil post the result from the blood work below.
I am taking every day:
Rebound XT
Lean Extreme
Sesathin
Creatine Ethyl Ester HCI
Di-Arginine Malate
Arginine AKG
Citrulline Malate

I was thinking that the reason for the very high results is because of the CEE.

Also, my HDL is low and LDL high but my overal cholesterol is 150.
Anything that would effect that from what I'm taking?

Note the low CLUC - I think thats from Lean Extreme, I guess thats working.

Any comments on the result?

WBC 5.9
RBC 4.77
HGB 14.3
HCT 41.1
MCV 86.1
MCH 29.9
MCHC 34.7
RDW 14.9
PLT 193
MPV 8.6
TU 38
TSH 1.05
T6 5.9
CK 403
TP 6.9
GLOB 2.8
ALB 4.1
A/G 1.5
ALP 68
TBIL 0.35
CA 8.9
NA 140
K 3.9
CL 107
AGAP 11
ECO4 25.9
BUN 18
CHOL 150
TGL 91
AHDL 27
RISK 5.6
CREA 1.7
AST 24
ALT 49
ALDL 106
GLUC 66

MorganKane

Awards
By the way is this the right place to post my question?

MorganKane

Awards
No opionions on taking creatine increased the CK reading?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your other readings are fine, which indicates the CK reading is high because you lift weights. Most ppl who are active or regularly lift weights have a high CK count. It has nothing to do with creatine at all.

"Physical activity may cause a rise in CK levels, especially the CK-III fraction. Therefore, patients should not engage in strenuous physical activity the day of the test. The patient should report any recent injections, falls, or bruises that have occurred, as these may elevate CK levels as well."

There are three types of CK proteins,I, II, and III. One is discharged from the brain, the other the heart, and lastly skeletal muscle.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
out of curiousity how is this cycle working out for you?

MorganKane

Awards
Your other readings are fine, which indicates the CK reading is high because you lift weights. Most ppl who are active or regularly lift weights have a high CK count. It has nothing to do with creatine at all.

"Physical activity may cause a rise in CK levels, especially the CK-III fraction. Therefore, patients should not engage in strenuous physical activity the day of the test. The patient should report any recent injections, falls, or bruises that have occurred, as these may elevate CK levels as well."

There are three types of CK proteins,I, II, and III. One is discharged from the brain, the other the heart, and lastly skeletal muscle.
I appriciate the anwswer but I made a mistake in my question.
I knew about the CK, what I mean to ask was about the CREA level, its 1.7 and I do belive high is considered anything over 1.3.

Could this reading be so high because of CEE intake?

Thanks,

MorganKane

Awards
out of curiousity how is this cycle working out for you?
Not sure what to think yet to be honest.

I think the lean extreme/sesathin is doing its job but not sure what to think about Rebound yet.
I am taking 4 pills a day. I am dropping fat but my muscles feel fuller but its still early.

For the rest of the stuff I am taking, after I start taking CEE I am waking up every night to urinate and its annoying as piss.
DM/CM/AAkg its not doing that much for me but I feel from time to time that I have some very good work outs but its inconsistant so im not sure if its releated to the products. They are pretty cheap bought in bulk form so try it.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I appriciate the anwswer but I made a mistake in my question.
I knew about the CK, what I mean to ask was about the CREA level, its 1.7 and I do belive high is considered anything over 1.3.

Could this reading be so high because of CEE intake?

Thanks,
Serum creatinine level and "creatinine clearance" are different ways of determining kidney function. Here is a technical explanation for those that are interested:

Creatinine is a protein produced by muscle and released into the blood. The amount produced is relatively stable in a given person. The creatinine level in the serum is therefore determined by the rate it is being removed, which is roughly a measure of kidney function. If kidney function falls (say a kidney is removed to donate to a relative), the creatinine level will rise. Normal is about 1 for an average adult. Infants that have little muscle will have lower normal levels (0.2). Muscle bound weight lifters may have a higher normal creatinine. Serum creatinine only reflects renal function in a steady state. After removing a kidney, if the donor's blood is checked right away the serum creatinine will still be 1. In the next day the creatinine will rise to a new steady state (usually about 1.8). If both kidneys were removed (say for cancer) the creatinine would continue to rise daily until dialysis is begun. How fast it rises depends on creatinine production, which is again related to how much muscle one has. A baby may need dialysis when the creatinine reaches 2, whereas a normal adult may be able to hold off until 10, or higher.

Creatinine clearance is technically the amount of blood that is "cleared" of creatinine per time period. It is usually expressed in ml per minute. Normal is 120 ml/min for an adult. It is roughly, inversely related to serum creatinine: If the clearance drops to one half of the old level, the serum creatinine doubles (in the steady state). So for an adult, serum creatinine of 2 is roughly a creatinine clearance of 60 ml/min; creatinine 3 is roughly a clearance of 30; creatinine of 4 is roughly a clearance of 15, etc. So why didn't the creatinine rise to only 2 when a kidney was removed? (I said it would rise to 1.8) The answer is that the remaining kidney "hyperfilters" and seems to work harder, therefore kidney function is not quite halved. Usually, an adult will need dialysis because symptoms of kidney failure appear at a clearance of less than 10 ml/min. Creatinine clearance has to be measured by urine collection (usually 12 or 24 hours). It is a more precise estimate of kidney function than serum creatinine since it does not depend on the amount of muscle one has.

In other words, no it's not related at all to creatine or CEE for that matter.

MorganKane

Awards
Serum creatinine level and "creatinine clearance" are different ways of determining kidney function. Here is a technical explanation for those that are interested:

In other words, no it's not related at all to creatine or CEE for that matter.
So what you are saying is that I had one of my kidneys removed :lol:

I sure appriciate your answer.
Now I just need to find out why its so high and how to lower it.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not exactly, lol. If you workout on a regular basis the level will be high regardless. There is nothing to worry about. Just make sure you drink enough water, at least a gallon.

MorganKane

Awards
Not exactly, lol. If you workout on a regular basis the level will be high regardless. There is nothing to worry about. Just make sure you drink enough water, at least a gallon.
Again, thanks,

I am drinking a gallon+ a day.
After I started CEE I have to urinate between 2-4am, and that suck.

Not worried anymore...