SesaThin

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. SesaThin


    Against my better judgement I just ordered 2 bottles of this stuff from Bulknutrition. There is no information on how much is a serving or no supplement facts listed on the website so I bought two and figure I will use twice the dosage and hope thats enough to last at least a month. I really hope I'm not disapointed, I really think $24.99 for 4 onces of any liquid is really over-priced!. I have to admit though the people on this board have really sold me on this product, even though in the back of my mind I'm thinking its a mistake. Its a real risk to me to buy any supplement that hasn't been proven to work...If I'm not satisfied with the product is there any way I can get my money back from the manufacturer?.


  2. If you bought it from AvantLabs' store, they have a moneyback guarantee, but you didn't. If you go to the website there is tons of info on its proper use and dosing, not to mention some of the top AvantLabs guys have been posting here recently. If you've read any of the feedback on this stuff, you should not be expecting to be disappointed - I don't know where you got that idea from. This is one of the best supplements on the market. It quickly goes to the top of users' staples list.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    Against my better judgement I just ordered 2 bottles of this stuff from Bulknutrition. There is no information on how much is a serving or no supplement facts listed on the website so I bought two and figure I will use twice the dosage and hope thats enough to last at least a month. I really hope I'm not disapointed, I really think $24.99 for 4 onces of any liquid is really over-priced!. I have to admit though the people on this board have really sold me on this product, even though in the back of my mind I'm thinking its a mistake. Its a real risk to me to buy any supplement that hasn't been proven to work...If I'm not satisfied with the product is there any way I can get my money back from the manufacturer?.
    What are your goals T? I've never used this stuff, because like you I am skeptical of most supplements. I've been reading a little bit here and a little bit there. Still don't know if throwing down 25 bucks is worth it. Keep a log perhaps. Let us know how everything goes.
    •   
       


  4. Actually, I have a question. Would you consider replacing flax and/or fish oil with sesathin or use it in conjunction with flax and/or fish oil?

  5. This should help you with dosing.

    Use 1/2 capful (500mg Sesamin) 3 times per day, with meals. Those who tend to store bodyfat easily may benefit from up to two-fold higher dosing. Those who are naturally lean may prefer to use 1/2 of recommeded dosing. Likewise, an increase or decrease in calories +/- 500 calories from maintenence would warrant higher or lower dosing, respectively.

    I have clients that use it and love it. It's the real deal.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Actually, I have a question. Would you consider replacing flax and/or fish oil with sesathin or use it in conjunction with flax and/or fish oil?
    Keep using fish oil, for sure.

    Flax is not necessary, other fats can be used, e.g. lecithin, olive oil - especially if you are already taking something like Glucophase XR.

  7. Sesathin is definitely worth the price. I get the it in the liquid, not capsules and a serving is a 1/4 tsp, a oral syringe is included, three times daily. You can use more or less as seen fit, but you shouldn't be dissappointed with the product. Good luck.

  8. im glad this thread is here. cause i, too, believe 25 bucks for a liquid is absolutely rediculous. lean one is a trusted person in my book, however, so please do keep us a log and let us know how it goes.
    PharmD

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Strateg0s
    Keep using fish oil, for sure.

    Flax is not necessary, other fats can be used, e.g. lecithin, olive oil - especially if you are already taking something like Glucophase XR.
    Thanks. Ok another question. What are the nutritional facts in a serving of Sesathin? I couldn't find them on the avant labs website.

  10. There are no nutritional data because with 1.5ml of fluid, there's not really enough to add up to anything. I think a serving is about 9 calories or something. Anyway, the product will include an oral syringe you can use to measure 3 servings of 1.5 ml's a day, or more if you want. This rate will make a bottle easily last a month.

    I don't get the concept of disliking a product because the entire contents are only 4 ounces. So?? A tub of protein lasting 2 or more pounds lasts a few days, but who complains about that? Since a serving is so small, a small bottle is appropriate.

    Buying 2 bottles from Mike gets you a small discount too. Sesathin should be used in conjunction with fish oils, but you can eliminate the flax and reduce the amounts of fish oils you use.

    I've found the stuff to be worthwhile, and I haven't tended to respond favorably to Avant Labs' products, generally.

  11. for those who have reported good results, what can you describe as the benefits you have seen or felt? Is there substantial fat burning realized, or is it something else?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Chippewa
    There are no nutritional data because with 1.5ml of fluid, there's not really enough to add up to anything. I think a serving is about 9 calories or something. Anyway, the product will include an oral syringe you can use to measure 3 servings of 1.5 ml's a day, or more if you want. This rate will make a bottle easily last a month.

    I don't get the concept of disliking a product because the entire contents are only 4 ounces. So?? A tub of protein lasting 2 or more pounds lasts a few days, but who complains about that? Since a serving is so small, a small bottle is appropriate.

    Buying 2 bottles from Mike gets you a small discount too. Sesathin should be used in conjunction with fish oils, but you can eliminate the flax and reduce the amounts of fish oils you use.

    I've found the stuff to be worthwhile, and I haven't tended to respond favorably to Avant Labs' products, generally.
    I don't ever purchase 2 pound tubs of protein anymore. I get 10 pounds from All The Whey and it lasts me 2 months or more!. Its all about the amount of product you get for the price. I think avant labs products are overpriced in general. Sure one bottle will last you a month if you take it at the recommended dosage. I haven't really seen anybody post though that takes any of their products at the bottle recommended dosage. Yeah I got the discount for buying two, but its only around $1.99 less or something like that. If this is gonna be a staple supplement though the price should come down, especially if buying a lot, like say if you buy 4 you get them for $10 each. Most of their products are just not in my price range!. Thats all it is really. If I turn out to like though I will buy more. On another note, on the avant labs page it says refridgerate after opening, do you have to?. I ask because whenever I put my olive oil in the fridge it freezes, and I keep my fridge at the factory recommended setting, no colder. I no longer keep my olive oil in the fridge though. I would hate to have it freeze.

  13. It IS the real deal. Worth the price tag and then some IMO.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

  14. Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er
    It IS the real deal. Worth the price tag and then some IMO.
    Well, I will find out when I try it...Anyway can anyone answer my question about keeping it in the fridge that was in my last post?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Chippewa
    There are no nutritional data because with 1.5ml of fluid, there's not really enough to add up to anything. I think a serving is about 9 calories or something. Anyway, the product will include an oral syringe you can use to measure 3 servings of 1.5 ml's a day, or more if you want. This rate will make a bottle easily last a month.

    I don't get the concept of disliking a product because the entire contents are only 4 ounces. So?? A tub of protein lasting 2 or more pounds lasts a few days, but who complains about that? Since a serving is so small, a small bottle is appropriate.

    Buying 2 bottles from Mike gets you a small discount too. Sesathin should be used in conjunction with fish oils, but you can eliminate the flax and reduce the amounts of fish oils you use.

    I've found the stuff to be worthwhile, and I haven't tended to respond favorably to Avant Labs' products, generally.
    i dont necessarily they are saying that just because its 4 oz. but since its 4 oz of something that hasn't been out that long it tends to make people weary. with all the rip off biotest bull**** out there its easy to see why. i thought this stuff was an oil itself. thats interesting that it only has 9 calories per serving. I did read that it works synergestically with omega-3's which is also interesting. i might give it a shot since i have to constantly eat to gain weight for football.
    PharmD

  16. Will some of you elaborate on why it is so beneficial?

    I used it and was actually rather diappointed. The results I achived while using it were no different than what I usually achieve w/o sesathin.

    I do think it has benfit when used while on harsh AAS like M1T, seeing as how it has been shown to improve cholesterol ratios.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    Well, I will find out when I try it...Anyway can anyone answer my question about keeping it in the fridge that was in my last post?
    It will go rancid at room temp. (after opening)I've never heard of anyone having their sesathin freeze in the fridge.

  18. You do need to keep it in the fridge, and it will not freeze.

    Sesathin has been out for some time, it's not really new, and there have been a ton of posts on this board alone (not to mention Avant) with user feedback. I decided to give it a try on my cut, and I saw benefits right away, it really is good stuff imo. The price is steep, but if you can afford it, I would suggest using it.


  19. Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    It will go rancid at room temp. (after opening)I've never heard of anyone having their sesathin freeze in the fridge.
    What is the consistancy of it?. My olive oil freezes so I figure the sesathin may freeze. If it does I may have to send it back to bulknutrition and see if I can get some credit or something. I hate that ridiculous restocking fee crap. Does it have something in it that will prevent it from freezing?. I mean it is an oil, just like olive oil and my olive oil freezes, this is why I no longer keep my olive oil in the fridge.

  20. I don't see how 25$ is that steep? That's cheaper then any one of DS supplements, and all you get is 'a few grams of powder'. I'm not a huge fan of AvantLab products personally, but a lot of the comments here just don't make sense.

    25$ is the cheapest you can get this product, there are tons of user favorable user feedback, and the fact that it's 'only 4oz' makes no sense.

    Ok, that's it for my rant, but I was a bit disturbed by some of the reasoning in this thread.

  21. To some the price is steep, sorry to disturb you.


  22. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    What is the consistancy of it?. My olive oil freezes so I figure the sesathin may freeze. If it does I may have to send it back to bulknutrition and see if I can get some credit or something. I hate that ridiculous restocking fee crap. Does it have something in it that will prevent it from freezing?. I mean it is an oil, just like olive oil and my olive oil freezes, this is why I no longer keep my olive oil in the fridge.
    The consistency is thicker with the sesathin, I highly doubt it will freeze.


  23. Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    I don't see how 25$ is that steep? That's cheaper then any one of DS supplements, and all you get is 'a few grams of powder'. I'm not a huge fan of AvantLab products personally, but a lot of the comments here just don't make sense.

    25$ is the cheapest you can get this product, there are tons of user favorable user feedback, and the fact that it's 'only 4oz' makes no sense.

    Ok, that's it for my rant, but I was a bit disturbed by some of the reasoning in this thread.
    Bump on what milwood said earlier. What was so good about it? Could you feel/see a difference? Could you positively contribute any results you did see to the product itself? Did you use it for cutting or to keep fat gain to a minimum while bulking? I think Stratego should bust out another reference point thread since a lot of you do consider it a staple of your supplement regimen.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm
    The consistency is thicker with the sesathin, I highly doubt it will freeze.
    Ok thats good to know. Does it taste anything like olive oil?. I love the taste of certain olive oils. I get Olio Beato. Its the best tasting in my opinion. Heres a link to the stuff I drink. Sorry to get off topic.

    http://www.organicoil.com/

  25. Let's see if we can't answer some of the issues here:

    1) It tastes more nutty, like a sesame oil.

    2) It has never froze in my fridge, but neither has olive oil.

    3) You do not need to keep it in the fridge. It will not go rancid, it has a preservative in it.

    4) Benefits? Let's see....it is a strong anti-inflamtory (so great for the joints), it is a potent anti-oxidant (hopefully I don't need to explain why that is beneficial), it is fabulous for keeping off fat, when eating hypo-calorically. And it has that nasty side effect (for most) of stripping off fat (though there are some, me included, who really don't see any extra fat-loss).

    5) On the cost -- damn, ya'll are cheap. Avant is the first company to sell this for less than what, a few thousand a kilo.

    6) If you purchase direct, then yeah, we have a money back guarantee. Since you bought it from BN, you'll have to take it up with Mike.

  26. I don't find that it cuts fat very well by itself. But it works quite well along with DNP, which I'm a big fan of. But something I really like about Sesathin is that it's quite good, apparently, at regulating cholsterol and protecting AND REBUILDING the liver.

  27. I notice on the user feedback for Sesathin on the Avant website that a few people posted about experiencing significant loss of libido issues....any reasoning on this ?
  28. Twin Peak


    Hey Twin,

    motiv8er "It IS the real deal. Worth the price tag and then some IMO."



    "5) On the cost -- damn, ya'll are cheap. Avant is the first company to sell this for less than what, a few thousand a kilo."

    Easy on the generalizations please. Those of us who have a concept of what Sesamin costs' and what it can do happily stood up, and stood up for you. Thanks
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

  29. Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er
    Hey Twin,

    motiv8er "It IS the real deal. Worth the price tag and then some IMO."



    "5) On the cost -- damn, ya'll are cheap. Avant is the first company to sell this for less than what, a few thousand a kilo."

    Easy on the generalizations please. Those of us who have a concept of what Sesamin costs' and what it can do happily stood up, and stood up for you. Thanks
    LOL. I forgot that all of you here don't really know my (warped) sense of humor. I said that tongue in check. I am not even southern, so the "ya'll" was just playing along, having some fun. Sorry for the transgretion, there has been a lot of support for SesaThin here, again, I was just having fun.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by jcam222
    I notice on the user feedback for Sesathin on the Avant website that a few people posted about experiencing significant loss of libido issues....any reasoning on this ?
    I read that too, but I had ZERO negative effects on libido by Sesathin.

  31. I actually saw a lot of posts about loss of libido when SesaThin first came out, but have seen none of that in a long time.

    I suspect what we were seeing were people who had been dieting for a long period, adding SesaThin and then "noticing a loss of libido" when of course happens when you diet, and leptin levels fall.

  32. I guess I could give it a shot at avant and take advantage of the money back guarantee if i dont like it.
    PharmD

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Twin Peak
    Let's see if we can't answer some of the issues here:

    1) It tastes more nutty, like a sesame oil.

    2) It has never froze in my fridge, but neither has olive oil.

    3) You do not need to keep it in the fridge. It will not go rancid, it has a preservative in it.

    4) Benefits? Let's see....it is a strong anti-inflamtory (so great for the joints), it is a potent anti-oxidant (hopefully I don't need to explain why that is beneficial), it is fabulous for keeping off fat, when eating hypo-calorically. And it has that nasty side effect (for most) of stripping off fat (though there are some, me included, who really don't see any extra fat-loss).

    5) On the cost -- damn, ya'll are cheap. Avant is the first company to sell this for less than what, a few thousand a kilo.

    6) If you purchase direct, then yeah, we have a money back guarantee. Since you bought it from BN, you'll have to take it up with Mike.

    Ok since olive oil has froze in my fridge, if I put the sesathin in my fridge and it does happen to freeze, can I just put it out on the counter and let it thaw out or once frozen will it somehow have become degraded or rancid or just ruined?. You should also take that off the site then, where it says to refridgerate after opening. Hopefully I'll like it. How will I know when I get my bottles that they are the one with the preservative in it, because they just started puting the preservative in it correct?. At this time I was planning on bulking up a little. I am not sure though now, because I got sick last week and I am still trying to get over it. I may just go back to cutting calories again because I feel so fat sitting here on my ass being sick!. We will see though. Make a supplement used to boost your immune system while on cycle and on pct because I don't want to get sick ever again!.

  34. It should be fine if it unfreezes.

    We have been using the preservative for a while now.

  35. Keep using fish oil, for sure.

    Flax is not necessary, other fats can be used, e.g. lecithin, olive oil - especially if you are already taking something like Glucophase XR.
    Are you saying fish oil is better than flax? (Or does price have something to do with this comment?)

  36. Quote Originally Posted by rrgg
    Are you saying fish oil is better than flax? (Or does price have something to do with this comment?)
    I was wondering the same thing.

  37. Fish oil is far superior.

  38. Out of curiousity, why hasn't anyone ever come out with a pure DHA and EPA? Too expensive to separate to make it worthwhile? Can't they be synthesized?

  39. You know, I think I might give sesathin a shot. Should I go ahead and throw in some fish oil softgels while I'm at it? I'm looking at Super EPA by Now. It looks like it has the highest amount of DHA and EPA per serving.

  40. Yeah, the two combined work marvelously.

    Strat, I just don't know the answer to that. I would assume its not cost effective.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. anyone still using sesathin?
    By goes4ever in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 07:37 PM
  2. Sesathin and NO
    By Imsleepinmonkey in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 10:44 PM
  3. Sesathin - How long?
    By DobermanXXL in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 06:19 PM
  4. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 12:38 AM
  5. sesathin and females?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Log in
Log in