SesaThin

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Against my better judgement I just ordered 2 bottles of this stuff from Bulknutrition. There is no information on how much is a serving or no supplement facts listed on the website so I bought two and figure I will use twice the dosage and hope thats enough to last at least a month. I really hope I'm not disapointed, I really think $24.99 for 4 onces of any liquid is really over-priced!. I have to admit though the people on this board have really sold me on this product, even though in the back of my mind I'm thinking its a mistake. Its a real risk to me to buy any supplement that hasn't been proven to work...If I'm not satisfied with the product is there any way I can get my money back from the manufacturer?.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
If you bought it from AvantLabs' store, they have a moneyback guarantee, but you didn't. If you go to the website there is tons of info on its proper use and dosing, not to mention some of the top AvantLabs guys have been posting here recently. If you've read any of the feedback on this stuff, you should not be expecting to be disappointed - I don't know where you got that idea from. This is one of the best supplements on the market. It quickly goes to the top of users' staples list.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Against my better judgement I just ordered 2 bottles of this stuff from Bulknutrition. There is no information on how much is a serving or no supplement facts listed on the website so I bought two and figure I will use twice the dosage and hope thats enough to last at least a month. I really hope I'm not disapointed, I really think $24.99 for 4 onces of any liquid is really over-priced!. I have to admit though the people on this board have really sold me on this product, even though in the back of my mind I'm thinking its a mistake. Its a real risk to me to buy any supplement that hasn't been proven to work...If I'm not satisfied with the product is there any way I can get my money back from the manufacturer?.
What are your goals T? I've never used this stuff, because like you I am skeptical of most supplements. I've been reading a little bit here and a little bit there. Still don't know if throwing down 25 bucks is worth it. Keep a log perhaps. Let us know how everything goes.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I have a question. Would you consider replacing flax and/or fish oil with sesathin or use it in conjunction with flax and/or fish oil?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
This should help you with dosing.

Use 1/2 capful (500mg Sesamin) 3 times per day, with meals. Those who tend to store bodyfat easily may benefit from up to two-fold higher dosing. Those who are naturally lean may prefer to use 1/2 of recommeded dosing. Likewise, an increase or decrease in calories +/- 500 calories from maintenence would warrant higher or lower dosing, respectively.

I have clients that use it and love it. It's the real deal.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I have a question. Would you consider replacing flax and/or fish oil with sesathin or use it in conjunction with flax and/or fish oil?
Keep using fish oil, for sure.

Flax is not necessary, other fats can be used, e.g. lecithin, olive oil - especially if you are already taking something like Glucophase XR.

Ibanez

Awards
Sesathin is definitely worth the price. I get the it in the liquid, not capsules and a serving is a 1/4 tsp, a oral syringe is included, three times daily. You can use more or less as seen fit, but you shouldn't be dissappointed with the product. Good luck.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
im glad this thread is here. cause i, too, believe 25 bucks for a liquid is absolutely rediculous. lean one is a trusted person in my book, however, so please do keep us a log and let us know how it goes.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established

Flax is not necessary, other fats can be used, e.g. lecithin, olive oil - especially if you are already taking something like Glucophase XR.
Thanks. Ok another question. What are the nutritional facts in a serving of Sesathin? I couldn't find them on the avant labs website.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
There are no nutritional data because with 1.5ml of fluid, there's not really enough to add up to anything. I think a serving is about 9 calories or something. Anyway, the product will include an oral syringe you can use to measure 3 servings of 1.5 ml's a day, or more if you want. This rate will make a bottle easily last a month.

I don't get the concept of disliking a product because the entire contents are only 4 ounces. So?? A tub of protein lasting 2 or more pounds lasts a few days, but who complains about that? Since a serving is so small, a small bottle is appropriate.

Buying 2 bottles from Mike gets you a small discount too. Sesathin should be used in conjunction with fish oils, but you can eliminate the flax and reduce the amounts of fish oils you use.

I've found the stuff to be worthwhile, and I haven't tended to respond favorably to Avant Labs' products, generally.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
for those who have reported good results, what can you describe as the benefits you have seen or felt? Is there substantial fat burning realized, or is it something else?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are no nutritional data because with 1.5ml of fluid, there's not really enough to add up to anything. I think a serving is about 9 calories or something. Anyway, the product will include an oral syringe you can use to measure 3 servings of 1.5 ml's a day, or more if you want. This rate will make a bottle easily last a month.

I don't get the concept of disliking a product because the entire contents are only 4 ounces. So?? A tub of protein lasting 2 or more pounds lasts a few days, but who complains about that? Since a serving is so small, a small bottle is appropriate.

Buying 2 bottles from Mike gets you a small discount too. Sesathin should be used in conjunction with fish oils, but you can eliminate the flax and reduce the amounts of fish oils you use.

I've found the stuff to be worthwhile, and I haven't tended to respond favorably to Avant Labs' products, generally.
I don't ever purchase 2 pound tubs of protein anymore. I get 10 pounds from All The Whey and it lasts me 2 months or more!. Its all about the amount of product you get for the price. I think avant labs products are overpriced in general. Sure one bottle will last you a month if you take it at the recommended dosage. I haven't really seen anybody post though that takes any of their products at the bottle recommended dosage. Yeah I got the discount for buying two, but its only around $1.99 less or something like that. If this is gonna be a staple supplement though the price should come down, especially if buying a lot, like say if you buy 4 you get them for $10 each. Most of their products are just not in my price range!. Thats all it is really. If I turn out to like though I will buy more. On another note, on the avant labs page it says refridgerate after opening, do you have to?. I ask because whenever I put my olive oil in the fridge it freezes, and I keep my fridge at the factory recommended setting, no colder. I no longer keep my olive oil in the fridge though. I would hate to have it freeze.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
It IS the real deal. Worth the price tag and then some IMO.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established

i dont necessarily they are saying that just because its 4 oz. but since its 4 oz of something that hasn't been out that long it tends to make people weary. with all the rip off biotest bullshit out there its easy to see why. i thought this stuff was an oil itself. thats interesting that it only has 9 calories per serving. I did read that it works synergestically with omega-3's which is also interesting. i might give it a shot since i have to constantly eat to gain weight for football.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Will some of you elaborate on why it is so beneficial?

I used it and was actually rather diappointed. The results I achived while using it were no different than what I usually achieve w/o sesathin.

I do think it has benfit when used while on harsh AAS like M1T, seeing as how it has been shown to improve cholesterol ratios.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Well, I will find out when I try it...Anyway can anyone answer my question about keeping it in the fridge that was in my last post?
It will go rancid at room temp. (after opening)I've never heard of anyone having their sesathin freeze in the fridge.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You do need to keep it in the fridge, and it will not freeze.

Sesathin has been out for some time, it's not really new, and there have been a ton of posts on this board alone (not to mention Avant) with user feedback. I decided to give it a try on my cut, and I saw benefits right away, it really is good stuff imo. The price is steep, but if you can afford it, I would suggest using it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will go rancid at room temp. (after opening)I've never heard of anyone having their sesathin freeze in the fridge.
What is the consistancy of it?. My olive oil freezes so I figure the sesathin may freeze. If it does I may have to send it back to bulknutrition and see if I can get some credit or something. I hate that ridiculous restocking fee crap. Does it have something in it that will prevent it from freezing?. I mean it is an oil, just like olive oil and my olive oil freezes, this is why I no longer keep my olive oil in the fridge.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't see how 25$ is that steep? That's cheaper then any one of DS supplements, and all you get is 'a few grams of powder'. I'm not a huge fan of AvantLab products personally, but a lot of the comments here just don't make sense.

25$ is the cheapest you can get this product, there are tons of user favorable user feedback, and the fact that it's 'only 4oz' makes no sense.

Ok, that's it for my rant, but I was a bit disturbed by some of the reasoning in this thread.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To some the price is steep, sorry to disturb you.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the consistancy of it?. My olive oil freezes so I figure the sesathin may freeze. If it does I may have to send it back to bulknutrition and see if I can get some credit or something. I hate that ridiculous restocking fee crap. Does it have something in it that will prevent it from freezing?. I mean it is an oil, just like olive oil and my olive oil freezes, this is why I no longer keep my olive oil in the fridge.
The consistency is thicker with the sesathin, I highly doubt it will freeze.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I don't see how 25$ is that steep? That's cheaper then any one of DS supplements, and all you get is 'a few grams of powder'. I'm not a huge fan of AvantLab products personally, but a lot of the comments here just don't make sense.

25$ is the cheapest you can get this product, there are tons of user favorable user feedback, and the fact that it's 'only 4oz' makes no sense.

Ok, that's it for my rant, but I was a bit disturbed by some of the reasoning in this thread.
Bump on what milwood said earlier. What was so good about it? Could you feel/see a difference? Could you positively contribute any results you did see to the product itself? Did you use it for cutting or to keep fat gain to a minimum while bulking? I think Stratego should bust out another reference point thread since a lot of you do consider it a staple of your supplement regimen.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Let's see if we can't answer some of the issues here:

1) It tastes more nutty, like a sesame oil.

2) It has never froze in my fridge, but neither has olive oil.

3) You do not need to keep it in the fridge. It will not go rancid, it has a preservative in it.

4) Benefits? Let's see....it is a strong anti-inflamtory (so great for the joints), it is a potent anti-oxidant (hopefully I don't need to explain why that is beneficial), it is fabulous for keeping off fat, when eating hypo-calorically. And it has that nasty side effect (for most) of stripping off fat (though there are some, me included, who really don't see any extra fat-loss).

5) On the cost -- damn, ya'll are cheap. Avant is the first company to sell this for less than what, a few thousand a kilo.

6) If you purchase direct, then yeah, we have a money back guarantee. Since you bought it from BN, you'll have to take it up with Mike.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
I don't find that it cuts fat very well by itself. But it works quite well along with DNP, which I'm a big fan of. But something I really like about Sesathin is that it's quite good, apparently, at regulating cholsterol and protecting AND REBUILDING the liver.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I notice on the user feedback for Sesathin on the Avant website that a few people posted about experiencing significant loss of libido issues....any reasoning on this ?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Twin Peak

Hey Twin,

motiv8er "It IS the real deal. Worth the price tag and then some IMO."

"5) On the cost -- damn, ya'll are cheap. Avant is the first company to sell this for less than what, a few thousand a kilo."

Easy on the generalizations please. Those of us who have a concept of what Sesamin costs' and what it can do happily stood up, and stood up for you. Thanks

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey Twin,

motiv8er "It IS the real deal. Worth the price tag and then some IMO."

"5) On the cost -- damn, ya'll are cheap. Avant is the first company to sell this for less than what, a few thousand a kilo."

Easy on the generalizations please. Those of us who have a concept of what Sesamin costs' and what it can do happily stood up, and stood up for you. Thanks
LOL. I forgot that all of you here don't really know my (warped) sense of humor. I said that tongue in check. I am not even southern, so the "ya'll" was just playing along, having some fun. Sorry for the transgretion, there has been a lot of support for SesaThin here, again, I was just having fun.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
I notice on the user feedback for Sesathin on the Avant website that a few people posted about experiencing significant loss of libido issues....any reasoning on this ?
I read that too, but I had ZERO negative effects on libido by Sesathin.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I actually saw a lot of posts about loss of libido when SesaThin first came out, but have seen none of that in a long time.

I suspect what we were seeing were people who had been dieting for a long period, adding SesaThin and then "noticing a loss of libido" when of course happens when you diet, and leptin levels fall.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I guess I could give it a shot at avant and take advantage of the money back guarantee if i dont like it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's see if we can't answer some of the issues here:

1) It tastes more nutty, like a sesame oil.

2) It has never froze in my fridge, but neither has olive oil.

3) You do not need to keep it in the fridge. It will not go rancid, it has a preservative in it.

4) Benefits? Let's see....it is a strong anti-inflamtory (so great for the joints), it is a potent anti-oxidant (hopefully I don't need to explain why that is beneficial), it is fabulous for keeping off fat, when eating hypo-calorically. And it has that nasty side effect (for most) of stripping off fat (though there are some, me included, who really don't see any extra fat-loss).

5) On the cost -- damn, ya'll are cheap. Avant is the first company to sell this for less than what, a few thousand a kilo.

6) If you purchase direct, then yeah, we have a money back guarantee. Since you bought it from BN, you'll have to take it up with Mike.

Ok since olive oil has froze in my fridge, if I put the sesathin in my fridge and it does happen to freeze, can I just put it out on the counter and let it thaw out or once frozen will it somehow have become degraded or rancid or just ruined?. You should also take that off the site then, where it says to refridgerate after opening. Hopefully I'll like it. How will I know when I get my bottles that they are the one with the preservative in it, because they just started puting the preservative in it correct?. At this time I was planning on bulking up a little. I am not sure though now, because I got sick last week and I am still trying to get over it. I may just go back to cutting calories again because I feel so fat sitting here on my ass being sick!. We will see though. Make a supplement used to boost your immune system while on cycle and on pct because I don't want to get sick ever again!.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It should be fine if it unfreezes.

We have been using the preservative for a while now.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established

Are you saying fish oil is better than flax? (Or does price have something to do with this comment?)

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Out of curiousity, why hasn't anyone ever come out with a pure DHA and EPA? Too expensive to separate to make it worthwhile? Can't they be synthesized?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
You know, I think I might give sesathin a shot. Should I go ahead and throw in some fish oil softgels while I'm at it? I'm looking at Super EPA by Now. It looks like it has the highest amount of DHA and EPA per serving.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the two combined work marvelously.

Strat, I just don't know the answer to that. I would assume its not cost effective.

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
As spook mentioned a while back, sesathin can possibly hinder gains on a bulk. I was having a problems gaining while on it, even while eating 500-1000 cals over maintaince.

I'm a big fan of avant, and loved lipoderm-ultra, but I'm not sure sesathin is the next coming of Christ as some people make it out to be.

Andrew69

Board Supporter
Awards
As spook mentioned a while back, sesathin can possibly hinder gains on a bulk. I was having a problems gaining while on it, even while eating 500-1000 cals over maintaince.

I'm a big fan of avant, and loved lipoderm-ultra, but I'm not sure sesathin is the next coming of Christ as some people make it out to be.
I found sesathin a great help in body recomping on a hyperclaroic diet (min 500 cal above).
I was forced to take last week off from working out due to an injury (not WO related), and dropped my cals accordingly and ended up eating 500 or so under maintainence for the week. I kept taking my sesathin though and the fat flew off me with no apparent loss of LBM (according the scale, calipers and mirror)

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I gave in too. Bought some Sesathin and Super EPA. I better see results fuckers! :)

Bigfishy

Awards
Been double dosing sesathin for a week and a half know with GXR, Lean extreme, and HEAT. Fat loss has been awesome although it is obviously almost impossible to say what did what. As for Sesathin side the one thing I will say is that my allergies have absolutly sucked! Everytime I go outside my eyes water nose runs and i sneeze (I live in AZ where there are only catus and sand!) As for libido it has been fine, although i must mention that the HEAT has Yohimbe in it which could offset lacking libido. All in all the combo of Sesathin GXR and Lean extreme and fish oils have been a spring break cut cycle life saver. Not so sure about the HEAT, I don't really feel much as far as thermogenic side, unless it is a thermogenic which has no feeeling... possible but ill stick to my ECA... All random tangents aside i feel that sesathin is a quality product minus the nasty alergies, I'm gonna go get some clatin today and i'll tell ya'll how it goes.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HEAT Stack is indeed very mild, you aren't supposed to feel its stimulatory effects.

I too have been having wonderful results with PhenoGen (which has SesaThin) and LX (I am out of GXR, unfortunately).

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Holland & Barret offer a EPA & DHA oil in the UK
No, that's regular fish oil capsules just like you get in the USA. 30% of that 1000mg is EPA & DHA. I was wondering about a 100% product. Besides, that one is hella expensive. It looks like they stole the site design from Vitamins.com but "forgot" to drop the list prices by 70%.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Why do you think fish oil far superior?

And for what purpose? For example, flax lignans have some benefits that I thought fish did not.

(I've been using both fish oil and also "Total EFA" which is a mix of borage/flax/fish)

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
No, that's regular fish oil capsules just like you get in the USA. 30% of that 1000mg is EPA & DHA. I was wondering about a 100% product. Besides, that one is hella expensive. It looks like they stole the site design from Vitamins.com but "forgot" to drop the list prices by 70%.
San's Fish Fats and the PBL Omega 3 product are the most concentrated products I could find.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Optimum Nutrition is cheapest by far (as long as it is labelled accurately).
180 + 120mg/capsule, 100x1000mg capsules, so 30g EPA/DHA for ~$3.25.