CarbShock by carb-backloading/carbnite Kiefer!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
beware of any protocol that claims all other avenues are bro science, except for their way

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
beware of any protocol that claims all other avenues are bro science, except for their way
Of course, but I am a sucker for Kiefer! I feel he is a trustworthy guy!

I am going to re-read the paper now to see if i still makes sense as it did yesterday when I read it the first time!

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
Ingredients:

- Leucine
- 4-Hydroxyisolecine (from fenugreek)
- Protein enzymes (pancreatin, papain, protease)
- Trehalose
- Glycyrrhiza Foetida

CarbShock.PNG

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
Q&A about carbshock, intra/post-workout nutrition and other stuff:

http://email.body.io/lt.php?c=184&m=224&nl=3&lid=617&l=-http--bod.io/QA

I find the pre/intra/post-workout supplementation/nutrition views of Kiefer very interesting. No nutrition should be consumed before one hour after the workout has ended. It sounds logic that the body needs to be catabolic for a little while so it can compensate/be anabolic when you eat again.

ARA with a pre-workout without carbs/protein and the wait a hour after the workout and consume carbshock with proteinpowder..??!?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I find the pre/intra/post-workout supplementation/nutrition views of Kiefer very interesting. No nutrition should be consumed before one hour after the workout has ended. It sounds logic that the body needs to be catabolic for a little while so it can compensate/be anabolic when you eat again.
what the sam blazes is logical about that?
and if it is so "logical", why has no one ever proposed such an idea until now?

me thinks you get sucked up into any nonsense this guy would espouse...

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established

Maybe you're right, maybe he is right or as usuall the truth is somewhere inbetween..:)

I'm gonna try it and make up my mind!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I strongly agree with this.

I have had a look through some of his webpages and it is fair to say I am skeptical.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I strongly agree with this.

I have had a look through some of his webpages and it is fair to say I am skeptical.
I'm getting those feels as well. What is the reasoning behind 3g of Trehalose???

Akagami

Awards

I think quite a few people writing articles and coaching suggest that you consume a small protein/carb mix soon PWO (ie 20/30 p/c or something...of course depends on your LBM) and then an hour or so later -- basically whenever is convenient within common sense -- consume your post work out "meal".

Akagami

Awards
The marketing is aaaaaa little toooo much..:)

He sold out the whole stock in a few minutes.

Lets see if it works..
Kiefer may have a Phd but he is a brilliant marketer more than he is a brilliant scientist.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kiefer may have a Phd but he is a brilliant marketer more than he is a brilliant scientist.
This. I was scared of his use of "science" as much as his marketing copy.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Kiefer is a wh0re and nothing more.

He prays upon people's ignorance and uses fancy buzz words.

You want supplement science and effective protocols? Read Lyle McDonald, Dan Duchane, or Alan Aragon.

Please don't buy or buy into his products. The sooner this shill goes away, the sooner this cbl crap can end.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I will say this....the supplement is nothing to write home about. The enzymes are a joke. You would have to leave it in your protein for quite some time for the protease or enzymes to truly begin breaking down the protein if it all.

Not sold on the trehalose just yet. Fenugreek and leucine are good. But as far as his diet protocol is concerned, I respond well to low carbs throughout the day, skipping breakfast, and having the bulk of my carbs post workout. However is it the ultimate diet? Nah. Just a good way to eat yummy carbs and not get burned too bad by it.

However I will not pay 60 bucks for enzymes(which by the way once they are in your stomach and duodenum will be broken down like every other protein you ingest), leucine, fenugreek, and an herb that I have yet to research.

For that money I'll grab some 1lb of peptopro and 2lbs dextrose. More servings and more money left over. But thats just me.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Judging by those ingredients he would make a KILLING on this.

Don't buy into the hype.