Soy, complicated story?

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Yea, anyhow, I'm trying to figure out about soy. Seems like a bit of a complicated subject, without an easy answer. Here is one article I found and I just can seem to get into it much when you throw around a bunch of medical/scientific terms.

Ok well apparently I didn't copy the link. Anyway, this is really all about my protein powder. I use dymatize elite xt. I like it, and it does have soy, but seems to be lower on the ingredient list. Amongst reviews on the interwebs, they a widely mixed.

So, is there a simple answer about soy, and or soy protein? And what are the expert opinions on dymatize? I mean,to me I thought the ingredients looked good, then again I am a consumer not a scientist or medical professional.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
as long as soy is not your primary source of protein you are fine. the minimal amounts in your protein are nothing to worry about

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
That's good news. What I've been reading mostly points to estrogen or estrogen levels, lowering testosterone levels potentially, etc. Struck my interest.

glennabolic

glennabolic

Awards
soy seems like all possible downside and no incremental upside to me. why not just stick to other sources of protein.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the small amounts found in protein blends will not make you grow tits or raise your estrogen and lower test.
if you like your brand of protein then great! often times its hard to find a good blended protein, and in the data it seems protein blends are better for over all muscle growth and performance.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think the small benefit that may be realized by eating a little soy are worth it. There really is no need to consume it.

warrior737

Awards
High Soy protein = High Estro + possibly Gyno. or so Ive read.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People are still worried about soy consumption? Limit it and you won't turn into a woman or grow man boobs. I promise. Just like everything else in life, moderation.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The point is, why consume it at all? There is no need.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
People are still worried about soy consumption? Limit it and you won't turn into a woman or grow man boobs. I promise. Just like everything else in life, moderation.
exactly^ thought we were past this
The point is, why consume it at all? There is no need.
why consume many things in life? there is no need

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please reread your statement to determine how much sense it makes based on the conversation.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
did you even read the article you posted? To summarize, in very high doses, soy may cause some reversible sexual disruption in men (and possibly breasts), but in normal-to-high ranges, soy consumption appear to be safe and may offer health benefits.
Yes I did. I wanted to post a very quick read thus the link I provided. Soy appears in so much of the foods we consume (example soy lecithin) that you need to read labels carefully. My point is that it adds up and one should avoid products known to contain soy.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Please reread your statement to determine how much sense it makes based on the conversation.
it made total sense based off of what you said

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Soy protein happens to be quite cheap for one upside.
Yep. If one is looking for an affordable protein powder, SAN Metaforce is a great option. The soy makes it cost effective. Not only that, but edamame beans are delicious!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Yep. If one is looking for an affordable protein powder, SAN Metaforce is a great option. The soy makes it cost effective. Not only that, but edamame beans are delicious!
just had some today actually. I can feel my titties growing

alanhouston90

Awards
The meat most people eat from their local grocery store has been fed soy based food cause it's like the cheapest protein source. And then they can say it's fed an all vegetarian diet and people love it lol. A little in a protein powder is not gonna make a difference.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No doubt. Beer lowers testosterone too. I actually just ate edamame and crushed a six pack yesterday and still haven't grown titties. Ha

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beer really jacks my estrogen levels. It sucks because I love my IPAs.