My Custom Pre Workout Formula. Considering PW w/o caffiene

Sketch2000

Awards
I've never used a Pre Workout formula due to the stimulants and caffeine. One of the medications I take doesn't go well with caffeine.

Therefore, I've always used Pre w/o -

2 AAKG's
1 Acetyl L Carnitine
BCAA's

and whatever Creatine I'm using at the time pre workout.

Post workout I follow up with the BCAA's, Creatine, and Protein.

The most important component is the 2 AAKG's. They are nitric oxide boosters and increase vascularity. I will say they make me feel like a beast.

But I am now considering using a pre workout (low or NO caffeine preferred). My buddy uses a lot of different pre workouts.

He told me Amino Energy from ON has no caffeine but I have a sample pack and it has 200 mg (from "natural sources" - green tea...)

Is this the lowest I can get? At least I could give it a try and see what happens.....

Or are there any NO caffeine pre workouts that are worth using?

If their just full of BCAA's I may as well just use what I've been using.....

Sketch

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
IMO the best stim free pre around right now is Athletix High Volume

Check out reviews here on AM

30% off by signing up for the Athletix newsletter
http://athletixsports.com

image-795423864.jpg

Stuff means business

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
personally i would much prefer hemavol or potassium nitrate....even both over aakg

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Either of those with 5g of creatine added is a perfect combo imo.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High Volume is to me the best non stim pre. The pumps are insane.

Lately I have been adding Cremax in as well. Nutra has it for less than 10$ a tub if you buy 2.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another vote for high volume.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
High Volume hands down. Crazy pumps! Great taste!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I've never used a Pre Workout formula due to the stimulants and caffeine. One of the medications I take doesn't go well with caffeine.

Therefore, I've always used Pre w/o -

2 AAKG's
1 Acetyl L Carnitine
BCAA's

and whatever Creatine I'm using at the time pre workout.

Post workout I follow up with the BCAA's, Creatine, and Protein.

The most important component is the 2 AAKG's. They are nitric oxide boosters and increase vascularity. I will say they make me feel like a beast.

But I am now considering using a pre workout (low or NO caffeine preferred). My buddy uses a lot of different pre workouts.

He told me Amino Energy from ON has no caffeine but I have a sample pack and it has 200 mg (from "natural sources" - green tea...)

Is this the lowest I can get? At least I could give it a try and see what happens.....

Or are there any NO caffeine pre workouts that are worth using?

If their just full of BCAA's I may as well just use what I've been using.....

Sketch
Not to knock on you my friend but AAKG is poor NO booster. Try nitrates and there will be a night and day dfference

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to knock on you my friend but AAKG is poor NO booster. Try nitrates and there will be a night and day dfference
I really enjoyed iforce nitrates and it pretty cheap too.

healthfanatic

healthfanatic

Awards
Amino Energy is one of the most pointless supplements in my eyes. AAKG was "ok" before nitrates, citrulline and agmatine blew people away. Any of the above options are good. High volume, focus xt, hemavol ..

dbenj7

Awards
I have not tried high volume or potassium nitrate yet, but I did like hemavol and caffeine free focus xt for non stim options. MAN bodyoctane and peak beta are ok too. Green mag is another option but I have not tried it personally.

Could add into your custom stack things like: Cit malate (I used 6g but I've seen as high as 8g mentioned), Beta alanine 3.2g (though this can be taken at anytime of the day), COP, tyrosine (dependent on your definition of non stim), agmatine and whatever your preferred choice of creatine. Good luck!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High Volume is to me the best non stim pre. The pumps are insane.

Lately I have been adding Cremax in as well. Nutra has it for less than 10$ a tub if you buy 2.

thats a nice price, might have to grab some and mix with hemavol

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I preferr Hemavol.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah it has been selling real fast. What's the best Hemavol flavor now a days?
i personally love lemon drop, but i haven't tried blueberry pomegrante or cherry limeade....i've heard great things about the blueberry pomegrante

Sketch2000

Awards
I have not tried high volume or potassium nitrate yet, but I did like hemavol and caffeine free focus xt for non stim options. MAN bodyoctane and peak beta are ok too. Green mag is another option but I have not tried it personally.

Could add into your custom stack things like: Cit malate (I used 6g but I've seen as high as 8g mentioned), Beta alanine 3.2g (though this can be taken at anytime of the day), COP, tyrosine (dependent on your definition of non stim), agmatine and whatever your preferred choice of creatine. Good luck!
I've used beta alaline with my pre wo regimen, but it seems I'm obviously way out of date....

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Gonna check out high volume.
Some good prices out there (island price above is very good). Three pathways for pump are hard to beat. If you make the purchase let us know how it goes and how you use it!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some good prices out there (island price above is very good). Three pathways for pump are hard to beat. If you make the purchase let us know how it goes and how you use it!
pumps are amazing on high volume. Gonna pick some more up with my next order just to have on hand.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Oh how I missed the thank button lol

Thank you guys for the support!

We are currently very close to bringing you more quality products. Like very close ;)

Sketch2000

Awards
Just grabbed a tub.
It only has 20 servings but I figure I may use 1 scoop so it'll last me 40 servings instead (or use 1 1/2 scoops pre workout and get closer to a month).

Pink Lemonade...lol

Grabbed some CLA too....it was dirt cheap.

Wanted to grab some other goodies...Need to re-up on my ISO-Whey but don't have the $ at the moment.

I can grab that next month and some more of this stuff.

I'm thinking I continue taking the Creatine pre/post and just the High Volume once it arrives (don't add the AAKG and Acetyl, BCAA's) as I've been doing as I won't be able to tell the difference then.

But will taking the BCAA's pre/post pose a problem?

Can't wait to try this stuff.

Sketch

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just grabbed a tub.
It only has 20 servings but I figure I may use 1 scoop so it'll last me 40 servings instead (or use 1 1/2 scoops pre workout and get closer to a month).

Pink Lemonade...lol

Wanted to grab some other goodies...Need to re-up on my ISO-Whey but don't have the $ at the moment.

I'm thinking I continue taking the Creatine pre/post and just the High Volume once it arrives (don't add the AAKG and Acetyl, BCAA's) as I've been doing as I won't be able to tell the difference then.

Sketch

Dang 22$ is awesome. I am all out of High Volume too.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Definitely a good price, let us know how you like it!

Sketch2000

Awards
For sure. Thx again for all the input guys.

Sketch

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just grabbed a tub.

Pink Lemonade...lol

Sketch
Enjoy!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just grabbed a tub. It only has 20 servings but I figure I may use 1 scoop so it'll last me 40 servings instead (or use 1 1/2 scoops pre workout and get closer to a month). Pink Lemonade...lol Grabbed some CLA too....it was dirt cheap. Wanted to grab some other goodies...Need to re-up on my ISO-Whey but don't have the $ at the moment. I can grab that next month and some more of this stuff. I'm thinking I continue taking the Creatine pre/post and just the High Volume once it arrives (don't add the AAKG and Acetyl, BCAA's) as I've been doing as I won't be able to tell the difference then. But will taking the BCAA's pre/post pose a problem? Can't wait to try this stuff. Sketch
BCAA pre and post is fine. 5gr helps kick start protein syntheses and stop MPB....ALCAR pre workout is good too, helps with focus and fat oxidation.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome man! I usually do one heaping scoop but even 2 scoops is cost effective. Let us know how it goes!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 22
hewhoisripped Supplements 16
ohiostate2827 Supplements 5
CJ_Xfit89 Supplements 19
Supplements 17