Daily Agmatine Sulfate dosing

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,432
    Rep Power
    10585125
    Level
    111
    Lv. Percent
    49.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    I'm half asleep so forgive the laziness.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  2. New Member
    stan08's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    38
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    38.68%

    Agmatine tends to make me sleepy. If taking the supplement solely for spinal pain relief, would a couple grams before bed be sufficient? Or is it better to spread smaller doses throughout the day (instead of one large dose daily)?
  3. Elite Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,153
    Rep Power
    3657401
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting AuthorityPosting Pro

    Agmatine really brings on a sense of focused calm for me. I take 1g on non training days and 1.5 on training pre workout. All day long is a nice mellow focus without any tiredness, and it seems to work very nice with ashwagandha and bacopa for me.
    Black Lion Research Representative
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,432
    Rep Power
    10585125
    Level
    111
    Lv. Percent
    49.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Found this interesting article on Agmatine today.

    http://www.painmedicinenews.com/View...=82&a_id=15958
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  5. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,432
    Rep Power
    10585125
    Level
    111
    Lv. Percent
    49.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by stan08 View Post
    Agmatine tends to make me sleepy. If taking the supplement solely for spinal pain relief, would a couple grams before bed be sufficient? Or is it better to spread smaller doses throughout the day (instead of one large dose daily)?

    It makes me sleepy also. I take all of mine pre-bed when I supplement with agmatine. Makes for a better nights sleep. Also makes me feel "happier" in a sense. I think taking it all at once before bed would be fine for you. Some people do get stomach distress problems with higher dosages though and that would be a reason to spread out your dosages. If you're not getting sides I would say continue taking it as you are.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  6. New Member
    stan08's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    38
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    38.68%

    Is there anything I can take with it to help offset the tiredness during the day? Something that can be taken daily long term. Maybe tyrosine?
  7. Elite Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,153
    Rep Power
    3657401
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting AuthorityPosting Pro

    Rhodiola
    Black Lion Research Representative
  8. New Member
    stan08's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    38
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    38.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Rhodiola
    Tried that. Helps some but not enough. Caffeine works but isn't something I want to take multiple times every day.
  9. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,432
    Rep Power
    10585125
    Level
    111
    Lv. Percent
    49.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by stan08 View Post
    Tried that. Helps some but not enough. Caffeine works but isn't something I want to take multiple times every day.

    Just take the agmatine at night before bed. On the other hand have tried taking it after a heavy meal?. It usually doesn't make me as tired if I take it after a big meal.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  10. New Member
    stan08's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    38
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    38.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Just take the agmatine at night before bed. On the other hand have tried taking it after a heavy meal?. It usually doesn't make me as tired if I take it after a big meal.
    I'll probably have to take it just before bed. Was a little reluctant of taking it only then (even if it works for my back pain at once daily dosing) because I would kind of miss the pumped feeling that I get all day.

    Taking it after a large meal wouldn't affect it's availability? For some reason was thinking it shouldn't be taken near high protein meals. Could have it mixed up with something else though.
  11. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,432
    Rep Power
    10585125
    Level
    111
    Lv. Percent
    49.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by stan08 View Post
    I'll probably have to take it just before bed. Was a little reluctant of taking it only then (even if it works for my back pain at once daily dosing) because I would kind of miss the pumped feeling that I get all day.

    Taking it after a large meal wouldn't affect it's availability? For some reason was thinking it shouldn't be taken near high protein meals. Could have it mixed up with something else though.
    Agmatine is fine with or without food.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  12. New Member
    TyMan14's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    446
    Rep Power
    905503
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    19.23%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    I like 1g preworkout the best. Sometimes I use 500-1000mg in the morning. I always take it in the morning on off days with my other bulk powders. Im going to try the pre bed dosing in a half hour or so with my rezurrect and see how that is.
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,133
    Rep Power
    10743014
    Level
    124
    Lv. Percent
    20.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Sorry for an old thread bump here but trying to figure out the half-life of agmatine effects

    Did my own Searching (people still do that???) and found a reference to a 10 minute effect which didn't seem right.
    Also one said 2 hours.
    Reference was also made to it being able to accumulate as well though.

    Looking for any more definitive answers on this if anyone knows
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude
  14. Senior Member
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,944
    Rep Power
    3279029
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    42.56%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Sorry for an old thread bump here but trying to figure out the half-life of agmatine effects

    Did my own Searching (people still do that???) and found a reference to a 10 minute effect which didn't seem right.
    Also one said 2 hours.
    Reference was also made to it being able to accumulate as well though.

    Looking for any more definitive answers on this if anyone knows
    The serum half-life (short, as you mentioned) isn't necessarily what we're after with Agmatine. Looks into its CNS half-life, which is much more prolonged.

    Here we can see up to 12 hours with a single spinal injection:

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15933157
    PES - Physique Enhancing Science
  15. Advanced Member
    Colbert's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    823
    Rep Power
    170673
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    77.01%

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    The serum half-life (short, as you mentioned) isn't necessarily what we're after with Agmatine. Looks into its CNS half-life, which is much more prolonged.

    Here we can see up to 12 hours with a single spinal injection:

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15933157

    single spinal injection....
  16. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,432
    Rep Power
    10585125
    Level
    111
    Lv. Percent
    49.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    I guess I'll have to get someone to inject my spine now. What a pain in the ass!
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  17. Senior Member
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,944
    Rep Power
    3279029
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    42.56%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    lol, sorry guys, not a whole lot of light has been shed into the agmatinergic system so a rodent study with dosing coming via a intrathecal injection I believe is the best we have to go off of in regards to CNS half-life.

    Most of these studies are also administering agmatine systematically vs. the oral route. That's how we're able to see the CNS effects.

    I've never seen the full-text, but from the previews Google allows anyone to see, "Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Transport of Agmatine in the Central Nervous System" from John. C Roberts would be a good, comprehensive read.
    PES - Physique Enhancing Science
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Agmatine Sulfate Post Workout benefits..
    By GQNemesis in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 01:03 PM
  2. First Flavored Agmatine Sulfate Powder
    By HYBRID in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 12:05 AM
  3. Agmatine Sulfate (Flavored) (60 Servings)
    By Rick Grimes in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 10:06 AM
  4. Synthetic Supplements Agmatine Sulfate
    By hsk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 11:12 AM
  5. WHat do people think about agmatine? And dosing?
    By satsumas in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Log in
Log in