Best protein and why

vanbeast73

vanbeast73

Awards
Need to stock up in protein what's your favorite and why(I can buy multiple brands) I'm going to get a total of 10lbs though so tell my your favorites and why

paula

paula

Awards
Select protein by pes and trutein. Love them both, they are both different pathway ingredients trutein are breakdown there percentage which is i like, exactly know how much protein isoale or egg albumin ur taking etc..... Select protein is back up by reseach studies and straigth to the point, both of them are bleneded taste is top notch

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Select protein by pes and trutein. Love them both, they are both different pathway ingredients trutein are breakdown there percentage which is i like, exactly know how much protein isoale or egg albumin ur taking etc..... Select protein is back up by reseach studies and straigth to the point, both of them are bleneded taste is top notch
Thanks for the shoutout bro.

OP, I'll give you 23 reasons why select is the best, and none of them are taste (which may be its best "consumer" selling point because it tastes amazing):

[h=1]selectprotein.com[/h]
The 23 reasons are the scientific references for why a blend trumps a whey or casein alone

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
Trutein without a doubt, flavour and blend are fantastic and there whey Wheyology is brilliant too! Thought they where another over hyped company but man they live up to there hype!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Trutein without a doubt, flavour and blend are fantastic and there whey Wheyology is brilliant too! Thought they where another over hyped company but man they live up to there hype!
Trutein definitely has a solid profile as well. One thing I'd caution you on is that the "20% egg" actually isn't a good thing. In the absence of cooking, egg protein isn't nearly as bioavailable and becomes an inferior protein source. Pasteurization makes up some ground, but not all of it.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the shoutout bro. OP, I'll give you 23 reasons why select is the best, and none of them are taste (which may be its best "consumer" selling point because it tastes amazing): [h=1]selectprotein.com[/h] The 23 reasons are the scientific references for why a blend trumps a whey or casein alone
Are you sure you not dr pepper? 23 reasons? Or 23 flavors.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PES Select is the best profile IMO, followed by OEProtein. Then whatever other blends are out there.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Need to stock up in protein what's your favorite and why(I can buy multiple brands) I'm going to get a total of 10lbs though so tell my your favorites and why
Select
USP Labs
Cellucor
Pronom
XF

GH247

GH247

Awards
My current top 3:

PES Select Snickerdoodle
Cellucor Corfetti
USPLabs Chocolate/PES Select Chocolate

This takes both taste and profile into consideration.

Ca2pa

Awards
I like pes select the best, CL pronom, cellucor, and scivation. USP labs protein look good and need to try it.

If you go for pes get snickerdoodle!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Select protein is getting tons of love in here lol. It was my number one as well, CnC or Snickerdoodle I could drink it all day

http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/pes-select-protein.html

The write-up Coop posted is my reasoning, on top if it being delicious and causing me no GI distress

vanbeast73

vanbeast73

Awards
Sounds like pes ad oxy are good to go but they only come in 2lbs :(

Ca2pa

Awards
Sounds like pes ad oxy are good to go but they only come in 2lbs :(
If snickerdoodle came in any bigger I am sure most people won't have room for them all. They are both solid blends with nice profiles, not surprised they appear a lot.

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
OxyElite Protein- for functional pancakes during a cut

PES Select -Taste and good blend

Cellucor Cor-whey- taste and variety of great flavors to choose from

Dymatize ISO-100- great price for an isolate plus the new birthday cake is amazing.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Thanks for the Select love. I've been out of Snickerdoodle for 2 weeks and missing it!

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I seem to be alone on this, but I love Syntrax Matrix

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
Trutein definitely has a solid profile as well. One thing I'd caution you on is that the "20% egg" actually isn't a good thing. In the absence of cooking, egg protein isn't nearly as bioavailable and becomes an inferior protein source. Pasteurization makes up some ground, but not all of it.
A bit of my soul just broke ?

symbianblack

Awards
No love for Optimum Nutrition? Isnt Glambia the makers of that protein?

symbianblack

Awards
There just aren't ON reps on here constantly slamming products down your throat. This forum is very biased towards a few companies.
I see with PES and USP leading the march!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some of my favorites are COntrolled Labs Pronom, Cellucor Cor Whey, SAN Titanium, BPI Whey HD, and iForce Protean. Just stick with powders that do not contain any fillers or had past issues.

paula

paula

Awards
Wish that select protein will come out with 5pounder in a near future hehe. I already tried mts whey, cellucor whey. Both of them are similar taste chocolate flavor. Mts had a little bit more serving per tub. But i cant go wrong to choose with them.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There just aren't ON reps on here constantly slamming products down your throat. This forum is very biased towards a few companies.
In this case, there's no "bias." Bias implies opinion. You can find plenty of scientifically validated studies in my first post in this thread (the link). ON is solid...the pros are that you know the protein isn't spiked, but the cons are that they use ion exchange processing, use whey only, and the taste isn't great.

Select uses an MPI + WPC80 blend with micro filtration plus leucine peptides, tastes phenomenal (ok, this part is opinion but most everyone agrees), and comes in one very unique flavor

symbianblack

Awards
In this case, there's no "bias." Bias implies opinion. You can find plenty of scientifically validated studies in my first post in this thread (the link). ON is solid...the pros are that you know the protein isn't spiked, but the cons are that they use ion exchange processing, use whey only, and the taste isn't great.

Select uses an MPI + WPC80 blend with micro filtration plus leucine peptides, tastes phenomenal (ok, this part is opinion but most everyone agrees), and comes in one very unique flavor
where is your link to this? I cant find it sir

symbianblack

Awards
Selectprotein.com
I mean with the info on the ionic exchange that Optimum is said to use by Mr. Cooper. If thats the case I'll stop buying because isn't ionic exchange bad for the protein molecule?

paula

paula

Awards
To my understanding they destroy the growth peptides of whey, igf1 some of the properties that is important.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I mean with the info on the ionic exchange that Optimum is said to use by Mr. Cooper. If thats the case I'll stop buying because isn't ionic exchange bad for the protein molecule?
Someone from BB.com emailed ON and made a thread about it. I'm sure you can dig it up via google. Ion exchange isnt the end of the world or anything, but it isn't 100% optimal

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Someone from BB.com emailed ON and made a thread about it. I'm sure you can dig it up via google. Ion exchange isnt the end of the world or anything, but it isn't 100% optimal
Its listed on their website in their write ups as well. Also, if your google skills are somewhat good, you can bring up the BB.com link.

Not needed though as they state it outright.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think ON actually used that as a selling point a few years back

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
RXWHEY'S Problend on this side.

26g of Cold-Microfiltered Whey Isolate, Membrane Micellar Casein, Hydrolyzed 520, and Egg White protein, with15 servings, and only $13 a lb.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Protein is Protein to me, I never notice a difference from spending more on so called quality. You should be getting the majority of your intake from whole foods really. I only drink protein right after a workout or with breakfast.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Protein is Protein to me, I never notice a difference from spending more on so called quality. You should be getting the majority of your intake from whole foods really. I only drink protein right after a workout or with breakfast.
I get most of my protein from food, but when using a powder i prefer to consume the best source possible rather than one full of fillers.

symbianblack

Awards
Thus the reason WHY we should be mindful of the quality of the protein. Yes Whole foods is OPTIMAL but post workout is the MOST important time and what really sums up the day in terms of nutrition. Post work out has the prime conditions for muscle repair and synthesis and quick delivery is needed. The better the quality of said protein the better the results.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get most of my protein from food, but when using a powder i prefer to consume the best source possible rather than one full of fillers.
This, exactly. I have maybe one scoop a day, sometimes none. Since I do not rely on powder, I do not mind investing in something that comes from a great source, does not contain fillers, and tastes good. That is not to say if a person relies on powder for their source, they should go with something inferior, but I can see it might be hard for that person to buy something a little more expensive. However, we should not rely on powders for the majority of our protein source, it is a supplement after all.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thus the reason WHY we should be mindful of the quality of the protein. Yes Whole foods is OPTIMAL but post workout is the MOST important time and what really sums up the day in terms of nutrition. Post work out has the prime conditions for muscle repair and synthesis and quick delivery is needed. The better the quality of said protein the better the results.
Rest of the day > post workout. By a landslide.

Check out some of Alan Aragon's research on protein timing.

http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/53

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I would agree...except - the link you post is broke
oops

no love for Beverly International protein in here? wow..i am stunned
granted price is high (as are all Bev products), but with a lot of guys clamoring about quality in here and saying they don't mind spending the extra to supplement their diet with a good protein, I am amazed there is no mention of what I consider to be among the very best (if not the best period)..

as for ion-exchange, not a fan
in essence it destroys the nutritive properties of the protein..the so-called "benefit" of trading nutritive properties for more BCAA content (as some companies espouse) is IMO pretty farcical, and not why I am using a protein powder in the first place

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would agree...except - the link you post is broke
oops

no love for Beverly International protein in here? wow..i am stunned
granted price is high (as are all Bev products), but with a lot of guys clamoring about quality in here and saying they don't mind spending the extra to supplement their diet with a good protein, I am amazed..

as for ion-exchange, not a fan
in essence it destroys the nutritive properties of the protein..the so-called "benefit" of trading nutritive properties for more BCAA content is IMO pretty farcical, and not why I am using a protein powder in the first place

Second time it happened. I edited it already. Guess I'll edit it again.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
I drink my protein with 16oz of milk, so let's say I have a 30g scoop of protein and I get half through the absorption process , I'm satisfied with 31g total after a workout. I'm going to eat again within 90minutes anyway. Dairy products are a great source for protein. Granted there not the fastest absorbing, best way to stay lean or some people can't or don't drink milk. What works for me may not work for others.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I drink my protein with 16oz of milk, so let's say I have a 30g scoop of protein and I get half through the absorption process , I'm satisfied with 31g total after a workout. I'm going to eat again within 90minutes anyway. Dairy products are a great source for protein. Granted there not the fastest absorbing, best way to stay lean or some people can't or don't drink milk. What works for me may not work for others.
They best way to stay lean is controlling your caloric surplus, not if you drink or do not drink milk. If it suits your kcals in a given day while reaching protein/fiber/fat minimums then great. if you are not lactose then great you can handle milk. A blend has been shown to be superior in general and a whey/casein mixture post-workout

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
They best way to stay lean is controlling your caloric surplus, not if you drink or do not drink milk. If it suits your kcals in a given day while reaching protein/fiber/fat minimums then great. if you are not lactose then great you can handle milk. A blend has been shown to be superior in general and a whey/casein mixture post-workout
Great advice.

Even during contest prep I eat P28 breads, shakes & have protein bars as long as it fits my caloric intake for the day.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
They best way to stay small is controlling your caloric surplus
fixed

reality is, it is a bit more complicated than what you apparently think..
stay in a finite and controlled small caloric surplus, and you limit your ability to grow, period
cals in/cals out is very generic and 1st-gradish kind of format

wanna grow and stay lean? then micros absolutely come into play and have everything to do with it

all in your perspective and what your individual goals are tho, in how you will construct your dietary intake