PES Select protein vs OxyElite protein

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Comparison which one do you feel is better? The seem to be exact ingredients. Price on Oxy is cheaper, but flavor I like Select better. However Select doesn't mix as well and clumps up more. Thoughts?

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Correct, both are MPI and WPC 80. although The oxy has CLA and MCT's along with polydextrose and a gram of protein less per scoop. The select is lower in carbohydrates and fats and had added peptopro. In all honesty both are great proteins so I'd get whatever fits your budget

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I wonder how much the Leucine matters, at the end of the day.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Similar profiles. I don't think it'll really make too much of a difference.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder how much the Leucine matters, at the end of the day.
It'll be interesting to see how the studies continue on the subject to hopefully shed more light. I do know Coop spent a ton of time researching pretty much everything and the research he found did seem to warrant an inclusion of extra leucine. Also more food for thought: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/241126-whey-leucine-moar.html

As far as choosing between the two it is a hard choice. I wouldn't necessarily think it has to be a one or the other choice. I like my USPLabs Protein quite a bit, as well as my Select. The inclusion of quality protein sources in both do set them apart from many other protein products though.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they are affiliated right?
No.

If anyone has any proof of this please feel free to show me. So far we have lots of rumours and speculation yet if I ask for proof people post tenuous links lol.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do they make an isolate protein too?
Select is the only protein we make. We feel a straight isolate would be inferior.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've always wondered, which of the two is closer to the ideal 50:50 casein:whey ratio... hmmmmmmm...

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
Select is the only protein we make. We feel a straight isolate would be inferior.
When you're lactose intolerant you don't have a choice...and I've gotten great lean gains without all the lactose...

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
When you're lactose intolerant you don't have a choice...and I've gotten great lean gains without all the lactose...
Select has been fine with many lactose intolerant users.
Less than 1 carb and they added lactase.

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
Select has been fine with many lactose intolerant users.
Less than 1 carb and they added lactase.
Not many companies add lactase to protein...do you know how much? I know sometimes even when I take a lactaid pill I still get bad cramps. Many people react to lactose differently. I get bad cramps but a friend of mine vomits...Do you have any samples I could try to see how I react to it? I really don't want to spend money on a full tub if I can't drink it. Thanks

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is no lactase in Select. The overall reports of GI side effects are very rare though. It appears to be well tolerated. :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Not many companies add lactase to protein...do you know how much? I know sometimes even when I take a lactaid pill I still get bad cramps. Many people react to lactose differently. I get bad cramps but a friend of mine vomits...Do you have any samples I could try to see how I react to it? I really don't want to spend money on a full tub if I can't drink it. Thanks
Sorry brother I'm not a PES rep but they are quite active and will chime in soon I'm sure.

My wife is brutally lactose intolerant and is fine with Select

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
There is no lactase in Select. The overall reports of GI side effects are very rare though. It appears to be well tolerated. :)
Lol faster than I thought. Ninja Ben

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
I just read some reviews & a few people with milk allergies said that they had no issues. I may have to try a tub of Snickerdoodle...!!! Thanks for the help everyone!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thought there was lactase in Select?

Edit: Guess not. Was this removed? I'm sure it HD some lol

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just read some reviews & a few people with milk allergies said that they had no issues. I may have to try a tub of Snickerdoodle...!!! Thanks for the help everyone!!
Solid choice mikespe. I sadly haven't tried Select yet, but the profile and feedback look great. I'd consider giving OxyELITE Protein™ a shot at some point as well, as it contains both amylase and lactase to aid in digestion. NutraPlanet currently has all 5 flavors on sale for $21.91 if you're interested.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

It's in OxyELITE Protein. :thumbsup:

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid choice mikespe. I sadly haven't tried Select yet, but the profile and feedback look great. I'd consider giving OxyELITE Protein™ a shot at some point as well, as it contains both amylase and lactase to aid in digestion. NutraPlanet currently has all 5 flavors on sale for $21.91 if you're interested.
I'm shocked you have yet to try Select!!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Your comparing a company that has totally different flavors

PES does not have a vanilla, strawberry, or banana

But honestly Both are quality products, both taste great and cannot go wrong with either.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

No, it was never in there.

In before someone reads this thread and asks "is the new Select as good as the old one?" lol.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
No, it was never in there.

In before someone reads this thread and asks "is the new Select as good as the old one?" lol.
PES Select Protein...blend, added lactase, tastes great. Are you not entertained?

This is why I thought it. I knew I read it somewhere lol

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In this very rare instance, Cyrus is incorrect.

Probably sleep deprivation. :)

amarula

Awards
This is a battle beetween protein quality/tasty titans

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a battle beetween protein quality/tasty titans
... and I can confidently say that out of all the tubs I have tried, Select is my favourite.

Ok, I will admit that I have never tried OEProtein so my review might be 'slightly' unfair lol.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have both. They're both good....it's just that as of right now OEProtein is cheaper :D I love my PROTONZ

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just for people concerned about GI issues from dairy. Select > OEProtein in that instance.

I have a somewhat sensitive stomach to dairy (not disastrous but some dairy products will make that unsettling feeling in my gut), Select had a far less tendency to do that to me compared with OEP.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just for people concerned about GI issues from dairy. Select > OEProtein in that instance.

I have a somewhat sensitive stomach to dairy (not disastrous but some dairy products will make that unsettling feeling in my gut), Select had a far less tendency to do that to me compared with OEP.
That's it.

Winner decided.

Lock the thread before anyone else can vote. :D

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
It'll be interesting to see how the studies continue on the subject to hopefully shed more light. I do know Coop spent a ton of time researching pretty much everything and the research he found did seem to warrant an inclusion of extra leucine. Also more food for thought: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/241126-whey-leucine-moar.html
Didn't read through the rest of the thread but I believe the leucine in egg yolk helps with protien synthesis and thats one of the reasons eating whole eggs is advocated. I wish I had the source that I read that from available but I do not. Basically it does the work of having a carb with the protien to get the insulin spike to shuttle nutrients to the muscle. Thats a very very basic explanation. Here is something a little more sciency

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10418071

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In this very rare instance, Cyrus is incorrect.

Probably sleep deprivation. :)
Can I now say I was alive the day Cyrus was wrong? :D

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
OK...so where is a good place to purchase the PES Select Snickerdoodle? I've seen it advertised for for different prices. I normally buy from Prosource.net but they do sell Select...any suggestions? And if I can find a place with a first time purchase coupon discount that would be AWESOME!!!! ;-) Thanks

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I was incorrect. That was close to its time of release and I never saw the official label at that point. We were going to include it but ultimately decided against it at the manufacturing stage, so I thought it was still in there at the time

mikespe

mikespe

Awards

Reviving a slightly old thread....I just took advantage of NutraPlanet's deal on OxyElite Protein! I bought 4 tubs (2 chocolate & 2 vanilla). I had tried the Select about a month ago & liked it but I needed to get my "staple" vanilla which I usually buy from prosource. But with the OEP I can get 4lbs vanilla cheaper with the sale (including shipping!)...but now I am a bit concerned with the lactose tolerance...I know pure whey protein (not isolate) kills me...I have not tried pure casein since finding out I was lactose intolerant. However, Select was fine in my stomach.

Just in case though...does nutraplanet have a good return policy?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reviving a slightly old thread....I just took advantage of NutraPlanet's deal on OxyElite Protein! I bought 4 tubs (2 chocolate & 2 vanilla). I had tried the Select about a month ago & liked it but I needed to get my "staple" vanilla which I usually buy from prosource. But with the OEP I can get 4lbs vanilla cheaper with the sale (including shipping!)...but now I am a bit concerned with the lactose tolerance...I know pure whey protein (not isolate) kills me...I have not tried pure casein since finding out I was lactose intolerant. However, Select was fine in my stomach.

Just in case though...does nutraplanet have a good return policy?
lactose is a sugar and less than 1 gram in OxyPro. You will be fine.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

That's odd just by looking at the label there shouldn't be much of any difference in lactose as both use Milk Protein isolate which hardly contains lactose and both list the ingredient first...

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
Being lactose intolerant I know lactose is a sugar...but it's always a trial& error when trying out new proteins...

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Being lactose intolerant I know lactose is a sugar...but it's always a trial& error when trying out new proteins...
You should be fine. I'm lactose intolerant and OE protein has never caused any issues