citrulline malate - all created equally?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Been using bulk citrulline malate

Was thinking of using a name brand if it had a noticeable improvement.

What can you tell me?

B1LL1ST1C

Awards
I've personally found all CM's to not be equal IME. A few noteworthy products would be Allmax's 2:1, Bulk pure Citrulline from Nutrakey, and SNS's 2:1 CM which I am excited to hear is in production again.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In theory they are all equal, but I've had some poor quality CM from other companies before. My SNS cit mal is noticeably better than some of the other sources of cit mal I've used in the past.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been using bulk citrulline malate from healthsupplementwholesalers (1kg for 48$ currently).

What can you tell me?
Some use a 1:1 ratio while others use 2:1 , so yes you could be getting half as much Citrulline in many brands

B1LL1ST1C

Awards
Some use a 1:1 ratio while others use 2:1 , so yes you could be getting half as much Citrulline in many brands
I believe its 1.14g citrulline in a 1:1 ratio and 1.45g citrulline in a 2:1.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
In theory they are all equal, but I've had some poor quality CM from other companies before. My SNS cit mal is noticeably better than some of the other sources of cit mal I've used in the past.
This. Many companies will blend in over 90% malate. You'll usually notice because it tastes super acidic rather than tart

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

THIS!!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always had great results with SNS Citrulline Malate and also use Nutrakey L-Citrulline. Both are great values so I doubt I'll venture elsewhere with my moneys. :D

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Always had great results with SNS Citrulline Malate and also use Nutrakey L-Citrulline. Both are great values so I doubt I'll venture elsewhere with my moneys. :D
I've used Nutrakey as well and it's a solid choice.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Such as who?

That would certainly be a label compliance issue.
Yeah no kidding. I won't name names (duh), but mccandless has made quite a few posts about blending the cit mal. It's analogous to the Betaine nitrate in another product...blending vs bonded

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah no kidding. I won't name names (duh), but mccandless has made quite a few posts about blending the cit mal. It's analogous to the Betaine nitrate in another product...blending vs bonded
This is basically what I was alluding to as well.

Younglifter16

Awards
would explain why SP CM tastes so acidic lol. First they screw me with the betaine, and now this.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I've had no issues with SNS or Nutrakey.

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
woah when did aaron join SNS?

late to the party, just stick to SNS citmal for now.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I see a trend with the ones used. :D Haven't used it in awhile though so maybe I need to add some in or toss High Volume back into rotation...
I feel Citrulline is pretty underrated overall.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I see a trend with the ones used. :D

Haven't used it in awhile though so maybe I need to add some in or toss High Volume back into rotation...
SNS Cit-Mal is the cheapest and Nutrakey was like $15 for 200g of L-Cit so no need to go elsewhere.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been using bulk citrulline malate

What can you tell me?
Just all depends on the quality of the raws. SNS purposely sources the best raw ingredients so we can maintain quality and customer satisfaction.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would be interested to see some of these posts. Can you post link to some of them? Or tell us where to look for them?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
SNS Cit-Mal is the cheapest and Nutrakey was like $15 for 200g of L-Cit so no need to go elsewhere.
Nutrakey has the best deal. It's the L-citrulline we want not the malate.

Big concerning as I find SNS stuff bitter as?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

You are concerned with the taste?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
The place mentioned at the beginning of this thread is the cheapest and best 2:1 around. 47 for a kilo.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established

Not entirely true.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have the option to get some SNS citrulline malate but is expiry date is September 2013. Is it worth it or will it be ineffective?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have the option to get some SNS citrulline malate but is expiry date is September 2013. Is it worth it or will it be ineffective?
Nah, should be good to go...I'm using some of those right now...

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can get it really cheap, just didn't want to be paying for worthless powder
Totally understand that, I try to buy mostly clearance items when I can to save some $ :)

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like schizm said, it'll be perfectly fine to use.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Not entirely true.
Oh? Please prove me wrong?

I've searched and searched and found malate to be useless in humans and was thought to work well with L-citrulline.

I could be wrong, but I know I don't have to use as much to get the same pump as if it's with malate

B1LL1ST1C

Awards
Any word on when the new SNS 2:1 Citrulline Malate will be available and where. Still haven't found anything other than the old batches.

B1LL1ST1C

Awards
thanks, appreciate the fast response. Just figured they would have included that it's 2:1 now on the label.

Reactions: mw1

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Oh? Please prove me wrong?

I've searched and searched and found malate to be useless in humans and was thought to work well with L-citrulline.

I could be wrong, but I know I don't have to use as much to get the same pump as if it's with malate
Useless?

No.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Tell me how I could be getting less of the actual main ingredient is more effective?

I would love to see anything to say malate actually improves l-citrulline.
I didn't say malate was better than l-cit.

I said Malate isn't useless.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established