Stack Feedback

Hindes204

Hindes204

Awards
First post, been lurking for a while and like this forum more than previous ones I've posted on. Anyway...

Starting a new supp stack next week. I've been using supps off and on for a few years so I've tried a bunch, but I never really did enough research to know what the best combination is. My goals are like most, gain muscle, trim fat, build strength. Right now I'm sitting at about 225, would like to get down to about 215, all while gaining muscle and trimming down the waist.

Here is my stack:

Orange Triad+greens
Cellucor C4/Iforce Hemoval - one scoop of each pre
Gaspari SizeOn
ON Platinum Hydrowhey

What do you think?? Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance for your input

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you could throw a fat bunrer and some fish oil in there.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Your stack is fine.

You may want to reconsider your goals, however. It looks like you're aiming for a recomp, which is certainly attainable, but takes an extended amount of time and strict focus on diet. Why not choose to cut? Sounds like you want to drop 10 lbs. When in a caloric deficit, you can still gain strength.

Hindes204

Hindes204

Awards
you could throw a fat bunrer and some fish oil in there.
Forgot to put fish oil down, so used to taking it I forgot. I've never used any kind of fat burner before, any suggestions?

Hindes204

Hindes204

Awards
Your stack is fine.

You may want to reconsider your goals, however. It looks like you're aiming for a recomp, which is certainly attainable, but takes an extended amount of time and strict focus on diet. Why not choose to cut? Sounds like you want to drop 10 lbs. When in a caloric deficit, you can still gain strength.
Honestly, I've never really went on a full cut, or bulk for that matter. I kind of just kept my diet in check, lifted hard, took some supps, and accepted whatever results that came.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First post, been lurking for a while and like this forum more than previous ones I've posted on. Anyway...

Starting a new supp stack next week. I've been using supps off and on for a few years so I've tried a bunch, but I never really did enough research to know what the best combination is. My goals are like most, gain muscle, trim fat, build strength. Right now I'm sitting at about 225, would like to get down to about 215, all while gaining muscle and trimming down the waist.

Here is my stack:

Orange Triad+greens
Cellucor C4/Iforce Hemoval - one scoop of each pre
Gaspari SizeOn
ON Platinum Hydrowhey

What do you think?? Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance for your input
As a trained athlete you're not going to gain muscle and lose fat naturally, just not going to happen. You can try to recomp, but it's slow and typically just an exercise in "wheel spinning." You could try some ArA and forskolin which would be your best help for a recomp outside of anabolics.

Hindes204

Hindes204

Awards
As a trained athlete you're not going to gain muscle and lose fat naturally, just not going to happen. You can try to recomp, but it's slow and typically just an exercise in "wheel spinning." You could try some ArA and forskolin which would be your best help for a recomp outside of anabolics.
I'm in the military so anabolics are not an option. I have a good base of miscle mass so I guess I could try cutting to see how it works out. I'm guessing I could keep the stack the same, but switch to pre-contest sizeon and start to lean out that way

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SizeOn isn't going to do much for body composition. It's a great intra-workout that will help improve energy output during a workout. Otherwise, your diet will determine what type of composition progress you make. If i were in your shoes, i'd eat at maintenance and add ArA + Forskolin + EC.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SizeOn isn't going to do much for body composition. It's a great intra-workout that will help improve energy output during a workout. Otherwise, your diet will determine what type of composition progress you make. If i were in your shoes, i'd eat at maintenance and add ArA + Forskolin + EC.
sound advice here.. ^^ you asked for some decent fat burners (EC=ephedrine and caffeine). nearly all of todays current generation fatburners try to meet or beat the effects of EC, there are very few that can actually meet that claim here is a short list of top rated ones..
Dexaprine XR
Alphamine
OG Oxyelite pro
Clenbutrx
Tight Extrme Reloaded
nearly all of these products seems to be on par with EC and for some people might even be better.
at any rate if you have trouble explaining ephedrine use to your CO you may want to consider some of these other options as they will all work extremely well for helping you get leaner.

Hindes204

Hindes204

Awards
I appreciate the feedback. I've been in the military for 13 years and don't want to jeopardize anything, so ephedrine is out. However, I just added Alphamine to my stack and have decided to get strict with the diet and cut.

I have to do some more research on forskolin and ara, I haven't really looked into any kind of testosterone enhancer before, but being 34, I guess it's about time to look into it more

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I appreciate the feedback. I've been in the military for 13 years and don't want to jeopardize anything, so ephedrine is out. However, I just added Alphamine to my stack and have decided to get strict with the diet and cut.

I have to do some more research on forskolin and ara, I haven't really looked into any kind of testosterone enhancer before, but being 34, I guess it's about time to look into it more
Alphamine will treat you right! And it makes sense to start off cutting, although I would try and get a measurement of body fat if possible. That'll be a better indicator overall than just what the scale says your weight is.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What made you decide to go with the Hydrowhey out of curiosity?

Hindes204

Hindes204

Awards
What made you decide to go with the Hydrowhey out of curiosity?
I used ON GS whey for years, and switched a little while back to the hydrowhey. I like it more because I feel a lot less bloated after I drink it, I also think it tastes a lot better. I don't think it makes a difference short term, but for long term health I believe it is better for you. Lot is a bit expensive, but I drop money on ridiculous things all the time, why not drop it on some stuff that will benefit me in the long rum

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used ON GS whey for years, and switched a little while back to the hydrowhey. I like it more because I feel a lot less bloated after I drink it, I also think it tastes a lot better. I don't think it makes a difference short term, but for long term health I believe it is better for you. Lot is a bit expensive, but I drop money on ridiculous things all the time, why not drop it on some stuff that will benefit me in the long rum
If you're looking for top taste and quality of protein, I'd check this out http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/pesupplments/select-protein-1-96-lbs.html
PES uses two ultra premium protein sources, rather than cheap whey isolate, and the reviews on here have been great. I recommend the Snickerdoodle ;)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hydrowhey is inferior for body composition goals. I highly suggest looking into a whey/casein blend, ala PES Select Protein

Hindes204

Hindes204

Awards
Hydrowhey inferior? Please elaborate. I was under the impression that this was best for post workout due to the speed in which it digests and the load if aminos it contains. Guess I'll have to do some more research

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hydrowhey inferior? Please elaborate. I was under the impression that this was best for post workout due to the speed in which it digests and the load if aminos it contains. Guess I'll have to do some more research
Read the PES Select Protein write up. No need for me to regurgitate what is already well-written on their behalf.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The amount of aminos per gram of protein is going to be near identical whether it's WPC, WPI, or WPH.

The loss of beneficial peptides in further whey processing however, and even its rate of absorption end up making WPH ultimately worse than WPC.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You do know that MPI and WPC 80 are both cheaper than WPI...right?

That said, current evidence does support that WPC > WPI.
I'm thinking perhaps we're using different definitions of "cheap"...

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm using the dictionary definition, how bout you?
And the dictionary lists several definitions for that word which include "lower in price than actual value" and "inferior in quality". Now, if you're done trying to overcompensate and pick a fight, perhaps we can get back to actually helping the person that started this thread.

Hindes204

Hindes204

Awards
I'm not really worried about how cheap something is, money isn't really an issue, I just want the most beneficial product.

I usually down a shake as soon as I get up, and another after my workout, which is usually about 430 pm

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Great response

In terms of your protein id go with a blend.