Bringing supplements along in luggage while flying?

dramallama

Awards
Is pre workout and some protein powder going to be a problem while traveling?... hoping I don't have to ship it both ways or just buy more.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I flew many times with zip lock bags full of supplement powders and a pill box full of caps in checked luggage with no issues.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Problem with baggage checks, regulations or convenience? I say mostly everyone here travels with protein powders and preworkouts. I mean I do all the time. I just plan how much of it I really need but I never pack for more than what I need.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Just make sure nothing is already in liquid form and your good to go.

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I travel domestically in US regularly for work (2 weeks a month) and have been for the past two years...I bring supplements (pills, protein , pre workouts) every time I travel.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
As said a few times no issues unless you're trying to bring on liquids and potentially if you try bringing something with a banned ingredient in the destination country.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I traveled many times with luggage full of supps including ph to Europe without a problem.
If you have any worries keep it in original packing.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do people mistake dietary supplements for narcotics or something?. Why would you be worried about this?. Just wondering. Or are just afraid your powders are going to spill on your cloths or something?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't if you were travelling to Australia

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just traveled yesterday with protein, creatine, and pre-wo powders. Didn't even take the containers out to run a swab on them.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Do people mistake dietary supplements for narcotics or something?. Why would you be worried about this?. Just wondering. Or are just afraid your powders are going to spill on your cloths or something?
Maybe they afraid customs might confuse the two.

Dem powderz

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe they afraid customs might confuse the two.

Dem powderz
It's true. We are a very small minority that knows and uses all of these performance enhancing dietary supplements.
Many 'regular' folks see pills like they are drugs, and you could imagine if they saw multiple bags of powders. Even if the powders smell like chocolate or cake.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the worry is that the airport screeners (??) will take it an throw it away. Kind of sucks for the duration of your trip if you have to stop taking something mid cycle or replace it.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They can legally discard anything that they 'think' is illegal or packaged in a manner inconsistent with the manufacturers intent.
That being said, there is some wiggle room with a positive attitude and mutual respect.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is pre workout and some protein powder going to be a problem while traveling?... hoping I don't have to ship it both ways or just buy more.
I've never had an issue and have even had my bags checked

dramallama

Awards
When you guys say 'original packaging' are you talking about both original package AND sealed or just have it in the original package even if you'r half-way through it and it's not factory sealed?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards

don't do it
you will go directly to jail, and they will not even let you go past, let alone pay you the requisite $200

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I feel like I just answered this on another thread. Pack in original unopened container or get sample or smaller size. Most airlines won't bother you if sealed. If you going international check the laws of that country.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel like I just answered this on another thread. Pack in original unopened container or get sample or smaller size. Most airlines won't bother you if sealed. If you going international check the laws of that country.
I put my protein in a large ziploc bag and my bags were checked and they never asked anything or threw it away

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

no worries at all with legal supps bro. If there's any worry at all, just put them into empty vitamin bottles. seriously.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
I've never had an issue and have even had my bags checked
I agree and never get questioned... actually I will get "so, is this how you make all your gains?" or "So, what do you think about this product or that product?"

KevinJackson

Awards
I don't think so anything happens while traveling.