Help me with my suplament stack

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
I'm on a budget. I'm looking to get as much benefit as possible for under $100 a month. My diet is already pretty on point, so I'm looking to get the most "edge" I can for the least amount of coins. I am not putting protein powder here, as I work that into my food budget. Listed below is what I have in mind. Any and all knowledgeable feedback about my stack is appreciated.

Current Stats:
Height 5'9''
Weight 172
BF =13%

Ideal Stats:
Weight 180
BF =8-10%

Health Supplements:
Aspirin (81mg per day) ($0.50/month)
Selenium (200mcg per day) ($1/month)
Magnesium Glycinate Chelate Buffered (400g per day) ($3/month)
Vit C (500mg 2-3x daily with meals, skipping post-workout meal) ($3/month)
Vit d3 (10,000 IU per day) ($5/month)
Jarrow-B Vitamin Complex (2-3x daily with meals) ($5/month)
Green Tea Extract for 98% polyphenols, 50% egcg (2-3x daily with meals) ($6/month)
Fish Oil (1.5g 2x daily) ($7/month)
Cissus XT (1.5g per day) ($13/month)
Leucine (Dosed with meals to achieve higher Leucine %) ($20/month)
Beta-Alanine (3.2g per day) ($20/month)

Peformance Supplements:

Creapure Creatine (3g daily) ($1/month)
Caffeine (200mg Preworkout) ($2/month)
ALCAR (2g/day Preworkout, cycling off 1 week every 3 months) ($7/month)

Total Price: 83.50
Remaining Money to spend: $16.50
Any thoughts/suggestions? I am looking for high quality high value supps to round out what I already have here. I am also a value shopper, so anything that I am paying to much for let me know what it is and where I can find it cheaper.

Edit:

Breakdown with Now Adam Multivitamin:

Health Supplements:
Magnesium Glycinate Chelate Buffered (200g per day) ($1.50/month)
Vit C (500mg 1-2x daily with meals, skipping post-workout meal) ($2/month)
Jarrow-B Vitamin Complex (1 per day) ($2/month)
Green Tea Extract for 98% polyphenols, 50% egcg (2-3x daily with meals) ($6/month)
Now Adam Multi ($10/month)

Peformance Supplements:

Total Price: $97
(The multi raises the price but covers a lot more potential miscellaneous wholes in the diet) Thoughts welcome.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Nice breakdown and looks like you're already covering a lot of your bases. I like Agmatine pre-workout , or COP as well. Great for performance enhancement. COP may be better for overall endurance and performance in the gym, but I like Agmatine for its plethora of benefits (even outside of the "pump"). Agmatine bought in bulk from SNS may cost you more up front, but you can get 100g (100 days worth for most) for a great price.

Ever look into using nutrient partitioners? GlycoPhase, Slin Sane, and Recompadrol are great choice in this category that can be had for cheap. I know GlycoPhase can be had for right around your price range, and we've gotten great feedback thus far. I don't have any anecdotal feedback for Recompadrol, but I've used and enjoyed Slin Sane multiple times.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you currently cutting or bulking? I think a GDA could be beneficial in either circumstance, and at least give you some deeper sleep. Look into Glycophase or Slin Sane. Both are typically found for about $16 a bottle that would last you 1-2 months depending on your dosing.

If you're really that strapped for cash you could do without some of that IMO.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Nice breakdown and looks like you're already covering a lot of your bases. I like Agmatine pre-workout , or COP as well. Great for performance enhancement. COP may be better for overall endurance and performance in the gym, but I like Agmatine for its plethora of benefits (even outside of the "pump"). Agmatine bought in bulk from SNS may cost you more up front, but you can get 100g (100 days worth for most) for a great price.

Ever look into using nutrient partitioners? GlycoPhase, Slin Sane, and Recompadrol are great choice in this category that can be had for cheap. I know GlycoPhase can be had for right around your price range, and we've gotten great feedback thus far. I don't have any anecdotal feedback for Recompadrol, but I've used and enjoyed Slin Sane multiple times.
I'll definitely study out agmatine to see if it would be a good one to add in there. The 100g route would def be the way to go from what I see of prices, as it could be done for $12/month at 1g/day.

Are you currently cutting or bulking? I think a GDA could be beneficial in either circumstance, and at least give you some deeper sleep. Look into Glycophase or Slin Sane. Both are typically found for about $16 a bottle that would last you 1-2 months depending on your dosing.

If you're really that strapped for cash you could do without some of that IMO.
I would say I'm bulking, although it's more lean gains oriented since that suits my lifestyle better. I'll check out those sups as well. If you see anything on the list that is a "waste" of money, please specify which one and why.

Not a long term suggestion, but in the short term throw an app into this opportunity:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/239574-finaflex-brings-you.html
Thanks for posting.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would say I'm bulking, although it's more lean gains oriented since that suits my lifestyle better. I'll check out those sups as well. If you see anything on the list that is a "waste" of money, please specify which one and why.
Health Supplements:
Selenium (200mcg per day) ($1/month)
Magnesium Glycinate Chelate Buffered (400g per day) ($3/month)
Vit C (500mg 2-3x daily with meals, skipping post-workout meal) ($3/month)
Jarrow-B Vitamin Complex (2-3x daily with meals) ($5/month)

Peformance Supplements:

In all honesty if my budget was tight I'd drop it down to just the "essentials". I'd have creapure, fish oil and some caffeine tabs. I'd opt for a multi like Orange Triad over taking vitamins individually. Only take the fish oils if you're not eating any fish, otherwise you could probably do without that. I typically hate fish and consume none of it in my diet, so I supplement with it for 2-3g of EPA/DHA daily.

That's just me though. Most of it is just stuff you're already taking in enough throughout the day in your diet or just not giving you a lot of ergogenic benefit. At the same time most of it is relatively cheap, but the little things add up.

(I bolded what I would drop)

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
In all honesty if my budget was tight I'd drop it down to just the "essentials". I'd have creapure, fish oil and some caffeine tabs. I'd opt for a multi like Orange Triad over taking vitamins individually. Only take the fish oils if you're not eating any fish, otherwise you could probably do without that. I typically hate fish and consume none of it in my diet, so I supplement with it for 2-3g of EPA/DHA daily.

That's just me though. Most of it is just stuff you're already taking in enough throughout the day in your diet or just not giving you a lot of ergogenic benefit. At the same time most of it is relatively cheap, but the little things add up.

(I bolded what I would drop)
I appreciate the clarification. I'll look into orange triad and compare the cost effectiveness. I'm not just looking at the ergo benefits here, but also all around long term well-being. I want to walk the line between being aggressive with my approach to sups and being wise about my long term health.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I appreciate the clarification. I'll look into orange triad and compare the cost effectiveness. I'm not just looking at the ergo benefits here, but also all around long term well-being. I want to walk the line between being aggressive with my approach to sups and being wise about my long term health.
I also would probably look to potentially drop some of the individual vitamins. I'm a fan of Magnesium for sure, but you could also check out a quality multi that fulfills those wants/needs.

Let me know if you check out SNS Agmatine. Would be interested to hear your thoughts after a few weeks. Numerous way to dose it as well.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
I also would probably look to potentially drop some of the individual vitamins. I'm a fan of Magnesium for sure, but you could also check out a quality multi that fulfills those wants/needs.

Let me know if you check out SNS Agmatine. Would be interested to hear your thoughts after a few weeks. Numerous way to dose it as well.
I plan on reading the literate about it when I get some time. I don't like adding things to my regimen without doing a thorough study first. I will let you know if I end up getting it and how it performs for me.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Also look into Life Source... They have a high quality multi. I'm probably more partial to OT, but you're already getting great joint support from fish oil and cissus.
Source Naturals Life Force Multiple?

It looks impressive in some ways that Adam isn't as much but like OT it's also around 2x more expensive that Adam. I like to think in terms of price over years. I'm looking at $1200 for 10 years worth of Adam compared to $3024 for 10 years worth of OT. Source naturals life force is somewhere in the middle.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Nutrient Partitioner Question:

GlycoPhase, Slin Sane, and Recompadrol all come highly recommended. I guess I would ask which one would you choose if you were at 14%bf looking to do a month of recomp? I will also probably be doing ECA stack with the recomp if that makes any difference. Also wondering about Alphamine and forskolin95 as they get hyped so much. How would they stack with the others.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nutrient Partitioner Question:

GlycoPhase, Slin Sane, and Recompadrol all come highly recommended. I guess I would ask which one would you choose if you were at 14%bf looking to do a month of recomp? I will also probably be doing ECA stack with the recomp if that makes any difference. Also wondering about Alphamine and forskolin95 as they get hyped so much. How would they stack with the others.
Glycophase and slin sane are more GDAs than NP's.
Recompadrol is both. Versatile and cheaper and can be tailored to suite your kcal intake.

I would, if I was you use the following stack for a recomp out of what you listed.

Recompadrol (1 cap 20mins pre each meal)
Alphamine (2 scoops AM, 1 pm)
Forskolin (100mg aka 4 caps spread throughout the day)
You could do 12.5mg E each dose of Alphamine for extra energy.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Glycophase and slin sane are more GDAs than NP's.
Recompadrol is both. Versatile and cheaper and can be tailored to suite your kcal intake.

I would, if I was you use the following stack for a recomp out of what you listed.

Recompadrol (1 cap 20mins pre each meal)
Alphamine (2 scoops AM, 1 pm)
Forskolin (100mg aka 4 caps spread throughout the day)
You could do 12.5mg E each dose of Alphamine for extra energy.
So I guess I thought GDA's and NP's were the same thing. Can you explain the difference in mechanism?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Paging Mr Cooper.