• The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
for all of you guys who have used and gotten good effects from maca:
1. how much did you use
2. how long did effects take

i've been using between 1-3gm daily for almost 3 weeks and haven't really noticed much...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to take the bulk stuff from Nutraplanet, a tablespoon or two per day. Didn't notice much either, maybe a very slight increase in libido, but that's about it. Not really worth the effort to take it.

Touey

Touey

Awards
1. how much did you use

i've been using between 1-3gm daily for almost 3 weeks and haven't really noticed much...

I used to take the bulk stuff from Nutraplanet, a tablespoon or two per day. Didn't notice much either, maybe a very slight increase in libido, but that's about it. Not really worth the effort to take it.
Same

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
for all of you guys who have used and gotten good effects from maca: 1. how much did you use 2. how long did effects take i've been using between 1-3gm daily for almost 3 weeks and haven't really noticed much...
I don't know if it was CriticalBench or someone else, but I seem to remember a user saying 10g a day was their dose...seems a bit high. Not sure the extract dosage either.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i've seen some studies based on 8 weeks of use, i have a ton of it so i guess i will ride it out and hope for the best.

how long did you use it t-bone?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i've seen some studies based on 8 weeks of use, i have a ton of it so i guess i will ride it out and hope for the best.

how long did you use it t-bone?

I don't really remember. Maybe 4-5 months, because Nutra had some great sale. It was a long time ago, more than a few years. Nutra used to have a more extensive collection of bulk powders.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't really remember. Maybe 4-5 months, because Nutra had some great sale. It was a long time ago, more than a few years. Nutra used to have a more extensive collection of bulk powders.
I read an article called "The Optimum Maca Dosage?" that suggests a dose as small as 3 teaspoons works, but also suggest 4 tablespoons.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1. how much did you use

what brand and standardization? I used Source Naturals' Maca which is standardized to 6% glucosinolates~~ Yielding 4.5 mg glucosinolates . While it did help with libido after about 2.5 to 3 weeks I feel Trib is a better bang for the buck;)

Im assuming you are using it for libido correct?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what brand and standardization? I used Source Naturals' Maca which is standardized to 6% glucosinolates~~ Yielding 4.5 mg glucosinolates . While it did help with libido after about 2.5 to 3 weeks I feel Trib is a better bang for the buck;)

Im assuming you are using it for libido correct?
definately for libido...i also am a fan of trib, but wanted to try out maca solo. i have this feeling that maca might work much better in combinations with other ings like trib/hgw/ginsing/ginko/aswaganda.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5g twice a day.. usually in a week I notice it. Once its fully kicked in, I drop down to 2.5g twice.

Mike

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
1. how much did you use

Go higher, around 5g you should notice something.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you guys talking about plain powdered root? I'm not a fan. Luckily the taste is pretty decent, almost pleasant.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Are you guys talking about plain powdered root? I'm not a fan. Luckily the taste is pretty decent, almost pleasant.
The bulk stuff I have is just powdered Maca from Mountain Rose Herbs.

If you have suggestions on bulk extract, that would be awesome.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

check the extract that NOW and Sorce Naturals uses- I believe its a 6:1 extract

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I used the 20:1 in Endosurge, and it's all I would even bother taking.

We might think about capping a single product down the road, or maybe SNS or Livelong would do it.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

We might think about capping a single product down the road, or maybe SNS or Livelong would do it.
Brother - If there was a 20:1 product available in bulk - I'd be on that like white on rice.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brother - If there was a 20:1 product available in bulk - I'd be on that like white on rice.
Let me see what I can do. I can hook Livelong up with our supplier.

I also have a libido product cooking, but that's gotta get in line behind everything else.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Let me see what I can do. I can hook Livelong up with our supplier.

I also have a libido product cooking, but that's gotta get in line behind everything else.
Again, thank you and that would be terrific.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Definitely noticed a libido boost from this, but as others have mentioned not much else. It's a natural product though, with some supposedly useful benefits. Not exactly cheap though, nor can I say I enjoy the taste very much.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely noticed a libido boost from this, but as others have mentioned not much else. It's a natural product though, with some supposedly useful benefits. Not exactly cheap though, nor can I say I enjoy the taste very much.
I like the taste of the root powder, kind of nutty, but any concentrations quickly get gnarly.

I just talked to Livelong...we'll make this happen.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like the taste of the root powder, kind of nutty, but any concentrations quickly get gnarly.

I just talked to Livelong...we'll make this happen.
You probably do not recall, but you helped me about 4 or 5 years ago with some bulk Rauwolscine. That was a very stand up thing to do.

And, so is this.

Regards,
Beau

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You probably do not recall, but you helped me about 4 or 5 years ago with some bulk Rauwolscine. That was a very stand up thing to do.

And, so is this.

Regards,
Beau
No worries...we're all trying to reach similar goals. I want to be able to add this into my regimen too. :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i would give it a go, for the health benefits alone.....like i said earlier studies were done after 8 and 12 weeks of use, so it seems to be more of a long term almost staple like supp. it is in the catagory of a superfood so long runs should be more beneficial than short term, imo.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i would give it a go, for the health benefits alone.....like i said earlier studies were done after 8 and 12 weeks of use, so it seems to be more of a long term almost staple like supp. it is in the catagory of a superfood so long runs should be more beneficial than short term, imo.
I take 4 tbls of Maca powder (not extract) in my protien drink (along with a bunch of other stuff).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I take 4 tbls of Maca powder (not extract) in my protien drink (along with a bunch of other stuff).
how long have you been doing this!!!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
how long have you been doing this!!!
Well, not all that long, this time.

I plan on doing it for 90 days and, believe it or not, I always add beet root powder (source of nitrates and a form of TMG).

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
I put 5g in my shake with 5g of goji powder. Nice (but mild) libido boost. I'll keep running with it.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
I take 2 caps macapro and recently added about 50g raw maca root powder by navitas naturals. Tastes great, i eat it by the tablespoon. I had two big bags of this powder lying around and decided to give it ashot and as some might know, i like to go overboard with the dosage lol. Now i just hope it doesnt have too much carbs although the more i eat, the more cut i seem to be getting these days. Gotta love the epi....

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are people still using this stuff with any success?