postworkout nutrition during cardio?

hernmari1

Awards
I used to do cardio then lift and would take bcaa during both. Then post workout with universal torrent. Im now more worried about adding some muscle but wanted to keep the cardio to not gain fat since I like to eat sweets. now shout I take somthing post lifting or post cardio? Would torrent be recomended? I know its got a lot of carbs. Would takin it after lifting while im doin cardio be bad? Any other recommendations? Ill still be takin bcaas.

Ps I only use half a serving so I only get half the carbs

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cardio after you lift, not before.

Post workout nutrition can be anything with some carbs in it and protein. Or just wait until whenever you can get a meal in afterwards.

Intra you already said you're using BCAAs, you don't need anything else.

Post workout also means when you are completely done with the workout. Post lift cardio/cool down/whatever.

LivingStrongE

Awards
I usually do 10 mins of cardio before training to warm myself up. Then 30 min plus after training. As long as you have a lean diet you shouldn't have to worry so much about gaining so much fat while putting on muscle. I had a semi decent diet but I held some water and still am so I'm fighting against that now (Drinking water like crazy at this point 1 1/2 gallons water). I use Isotean for post workout since its lean and has about 3 grams of carbs per serving. You are still going to need some carbs in your system. All of this depends on your age, weight, height.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, bcaas won't make or break your gains. And yes, do cardio after you lift. Why get tired before you lift? I just like to drink water during training and then have protein or bcaas immediately after the gym then have a meal at home.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I drink my compete intra, and during cardio. After cardio, ill drink my Protean, post-workout.

Mike

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
My style of training is a little different than most, though what I can almost always agree on is when to do cardio. Post workout is best if you can, my reason is personal preference to be able to kill the weights, especially if it is a leg day. That is just torture to do cardio before.

During my workout I like to used iForce Compete, and during cardio I like to use a flavored BCAA supplement. Post workout, depending on what I have going on I like to use the new Isotean Strawberry Creamsicle, or if I am going to be to busy for a full meal I like to use Protean.

I have read before that using BCAA during cardio doesn't really matter, but for me going into a contest, I like to do it just as a peice of mind if anything.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Usually post morning cardio I will drink a good high quality protein( mine being iForces Red Velvet Protein) I will drink bcaa's intraworkout (iforce Compete). This combo will helm you make all kinds of gainz and have awesome recovery!

I do morning cardio for 30min to a hr then Ill come back that afternoon and hit the gym and train hard. I find that helps me