Creatine questions

sabrefan173

Awards
Ok I know mostly everything about creating am takin your basic monohydrate. I know they recommend taking 5 grams a day but I am 6'4 275 pounds and play college ball so should I increase my dose to 10 grams a day? also should I cycle off creatine or stay on it all the time? Thanks

AppJeff

AppJeff

Awards
5 grams a day for your body weight will be fine, there is no need to cycle off it.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
5g a day,no need to cycle,load,deload or any of that.Just 5g a day every day!

sabrefan173

Awards
5g a day,no need to cycle,load,deload or any of that.Just 5g a day every day!
Ok thanks so size doesn't matter? Like I don't need more creatine than a guy I weigh 100 pounds more than?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Ok thanks so size doesn't matter? Like I don't need more creatine than a guy I weigh 100 pounds more than?
nope
if you are worries about tho, look into alternative forms of creatine..
like our buffered ph-balanced formulation that provides superior absorption/uptake

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Crea-Trona Powder (60 Grams): Discount Crea-Trona Powder Supplements

i'd say you don't even need 5g of this product daily (3-4 would suffice just fine), but since you already think that is not enough I don't wish to confuse you further :D

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Your size does not matter,5g a day will do you good!

AppJeff

AppJeff

Awards
roughly 3 grams daily is enough for a 200lb male to maintain saturation so 5G for you is plenty.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The first 3" can of course go further into the flesh purse

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
5g daily for a month or so, then you'll be more than fine with every other day dosing.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
You won't get more of an effect by taking 10gs of the stuff just stick to 5 especially on workout days... That's the key to any good routine. Are you taking any other supplements right now at all?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get some creatine HCL.

No loading, and microdosed based off weight.

It's the supperior form.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Get some creatine HCL. No loading, and microdosed based off weight. It's the supperior form.
Creatine HCL will allow individuals to become saturated quicker, however once saturated mono will yield the same results as HCL.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5g/day no cycling needed!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Creatine HCL will allow individuals to become saturated quicker, however once saturated mono will yield the same results as HCL.
Not sure I believe that completely. Either way, no reason to switch back to mo o, when you can get 100 grams HCL for $10.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
the whole "saturation" is dated material and poorly referenced
for your purposes: no need to load, and no need to "alter" any amount as there is no "point" to assessing/guessing when this so-called "saturation" occurs .. just consider yourself saturated upon initial use of product :)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As for what kind of creatine to use, I prefer the IIHYT method of determination (if it hits your toilet). If mono makes you pee out of your butt or fart a lot then switch to a different type. If not then stick with it 365 days/ year

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just personally never felt much from any creatine, wether loading 20 grams of mono, or maintaing on 5. Creatine malate, creapture etc..did nothing for me.

Always heard great things about Con-Cret, even from bigger heavy ass users. Couldn't bring myself to try it at the high price, and chance of failure.

Once Prescription Nutrition released creatine HCL for real cheap, I figured why not. Ran it in a stack with Recompadrol and Anabeta. The stack was comparable to/better than some light PH cycles I had ran in the past.

Ran Anaveta and Recompadrol again, without the exact same results. Still a real nice stack, but I couldn't ignore the missing puzzle piece.

Haven't heard a bad thing about the HCL either. Reviews across the board are great. Almost 100% positive feedback.

That all said I still could give a **** about creatine. I really have seen nothing from it. However this is the route I will go if I choose to use it.

Here is a phenominal article on creatine and creatine HCL in particular.
http://blog.rxwhey.com/2012/09/13/creatine-king-of-the-hill-creatine-hcl/

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not sure I believe that completely. Either way, no reason to switch back to mo o, when you can get 100 grams HCL for $10.
You're entitled to your opinion, however being how kinetically superior creatine HCL is in comparison to mono, I would go with HCL if I had the choice. Or just load mono, however that causes GI distress in many.