If its good enough for horses...? GTFIH - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

If its good enough for horses...? GTFIH

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member

Why do you say you need that much potassium? Isn't the safe sodium/potassium ratio from 2.5:1 to 4:1? That's easily achievable from whole foods.

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    And please, do explain how "kinetically" they are different. Is this because bananas have more weight to them when you throw them? if so, I guess your correct.
    Potassium pills have the ability to rapidly disintegrate and enter the bloodstream before proper endocrine-dependent tissue delivery can take place. This has potential to cause cardiotoxicity secondary to hyperkalemia.

Bananas pose no such risk because they take hours to digest and absorb.

But alas, if you choose not to heed my advice, we have nothing more than natural selection at play.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Point taken. It appears that even the Linus Pauling Institute people removed that recommendation from their site and no longer advise K supplementation without medical consult/tests.
    •   

4. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Point taken. It appears that even the Linus Pauling Institute people removed that recommendation from their site and no longer advise K supplementation without medical consult/tests.
    I'm just gunna leave this here....
    nusalt dot com/faq
  5. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have had potassium prescribed to me by my doctor, so I have some experience with this. You really need a blood test to see if you are deficient. You can't just assume you need so much and take it on your own. That can be extremely dangerous.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm just gunna leave this here....
    nusalt dot com/faq
    If you had made this thread and said you wanted to take 1 serving of that a day, this thread would have went totally different. You were throwing around supplementing 3.5-4g.
  7. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    I must have taken a "wring" turn as well. I think I ended up at BB.com where no one discusses anything in a constructive manner or exchanges ideas..they just play know-it-all and pile on someone.
    The fact of the matter is this: people throughout this thread have been trying to help this kid. He's arguing with us that he has the best solution. If he already has the best solution and is resistent to advice, why did he bother to all in the first place?

Besides, bananas are dirt cheap.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  8. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post

The fact of the matter is this: people throughout this thread have been trying to help this kid. He's arguing with us that he has the best solution. If he already has the best solution and is resistent to advice, why did he bother to all in the first place?

Besides, bananas are dirt cheap.
    The facts are this, actually: I'm not a kid. And this thread was never even supposed to be about me. Read the posts. I like that solution though "you have to eat bananas!!!" Another stupidly angry and persistent parrot.

Maybe I'll start a potassium supplementation log... That should be fun
    My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I just suggest you take what Cooper said into account.

I'm not sure on how the tablets are formed or the matrix's they used but if they leach out too quickly from the tablet (in high doses) they can kill tissue inside the body. Supplement companies are aware of this and formulate their capsules to ensure they do not secrete too much potassium to quickly.

That is why non-prescription K+ supplements are restricted at ~99mg.

It just doesn't seem like a safe idea to me.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  10. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Very interesting. But what people are ignoring is the simple fact, as i stated before, that I AM POOR AND CANNOT AFFORD THE LUXERY OF ****ING BANANAS OR SWEET POTATOS MY FRAME HAS A BMR OF 4000 CALS AND THATS NOT CHEAP FFS. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE OPTIMAL PROTOCAL BUT IT IS OPTIMAL FOR MY PERSONAL LIFESTYLE AT THE MOMENT.

Ahem, excuse me. For the last time, I am not an idiot. If I am getting this kind of caution for taking potassium as a supplement I'll take note to NEVER log any anabolics...

Fuark people you all come with you strong opinions with complete disregard to the fact that I obviously have heard everything you guys are saying about the risk of BLATANT RECKLESS supplementation of it.

Did you guys forget that I track all of my food on a daily basis and weigh it all out down to the gram? Ish, if you guys really want to make this thread about my personal diet and supplementation decisions I'll link my flippin fitness pal.
    Counting calories in actuality, gives you completely useless information, because the numbers your counting are most likely ( like 99%) incorrect.

But, it helps some people keep control over eating, or I should say, micro managing their eating, and lead to positive results.

But as far as real accuracy, the numbers you see on a food label are pretty worthless.

Another note, if your so poor, you most likely can't afford a legitimate edee test, done in a laboratory setting, so you bmr is inaccurate as well. Possibility it can be close, depending on which method you use. Most use Harris Benedict, which is outdated, and pretty inaccurate.
  11. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

And if you can't afford food, you def can't afford supplements.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

The proper term is the Sodium Potassium pump. The body has to maintain homeostasis between the 2. If one becomes overpowering, the individual cells could begin to implode on themselves. For instance, if you inject 5ml of K-HCL directly into the coratid artery, the person will die from the inside out. Why? Because the potassium caused the sodium-potassium pump to become out of whack. And as soon as 1 cell implodes, the ones surrounding it implode as well. Basic biology.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...y/nakpump.html

http://www.khanacademy.org/science/b...potassium-pump
    I'm just trying to bring sexy back.
  13. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DipStrong View Post
    The proper term is the Sodium Potassium pump. The body has to maintain homeostasis between the 2. If one becomes overpowering, the individual cells could begin to implode on themselves. For instance, if you inject 5ml of K-HCL directly into the coratid artery, the person will die from the inside out. Why? Because the potassium caused the sodium-potassium pump to become out of whack. And as soon as 1 cell implodes, the ones surrounding it implode as well. Basic biology.

Op knows all, so your WRONG SUCKA!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

Op knows all, so your WRONG SUCKA!
    ...but...but....but....biology ....and...chemistry...and science....
  15. Diamond Member

...but...but....but....biology ....and...chemistry...and science....
    That doesn't mean sheeeeeiiiitttt when your young, dumb, and full of cu.., well, full of something lol.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

That doesn't mean sheeeeeiiiitttt when your young, dumb, and full of cu.., well, full of something lol.
    I'm only 19, lol. But science is my passion. Graduated high school with 2 awards in science, 4 ap science classes and 2 honors science classes, with a 3.43gpa.

I fukcing love science!!!!!!! Lol
  17. Diamond Member

I'm only 19, lol. But science is my passion. Graduated high school with 2 awards in science, 4 ap science classes and 2 honors science classes, with a 3.43gpa.

I fukcing love science!!!!!!! Lol
    Oh.
  18. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This has absolutely nothing to do with hyperkalemia-induced cardiotoxicity.

Elevated serum K+ (as seen in the potassium injections) causes hypoexcitability of voltage gated sodium channels due to inactivation by creating a pseudo-depolarized state. This makes it virtually impossible to fire action potentials across the SA-AV-Purkinje system, causing arrhythmia and death. Cells don't "implode." They may shrink due to hypertonicity, but this would not be observed with potassium since it is an inctracellular osmolyte.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah, well, my brain just exploded with Potassium information.

Great information, as usual.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

Elevated serum K+ (as seen in the potassium injections) causes hypoexcitability of voltage gated sodium channels due to inactivation by creating a pseudo-depolarized state. This makes it virtually impossible to fire action potentials across the SA-AV-Purkinje system, causing arrhythmia and death. Cells don't "implode." They may shrink due to hypertonicity, but this would not be observed with potassium since it is an inctracellular osmolyte.
    The fact that I understand this just means I need to take a break from the bio books =D
  21. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

Blah blah blah. My potassium pump is bigger then yours.
  22. New Member

OP stop being so defiant. It's stupid and as Cooper said it's very dangerous. Stop relying on supplements to get your needs. Go eat some freaking food.

Go watch Layne Norton's latest vlog, he talks about how dangerous potassium supplementation is. It can kill you!!
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

To skew this back on topic - the use of supplements mfg for animals can pose their own health related issues, but then again isn't it the same if not better than anything from China thats not validated ? want to see my version of a cut and paste COA...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 08:21 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 02:44 AM
  3. If It's Bad for America, It's Good for Democrats
    By bpmartyr in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 04:43 PM
  4. GXL original HD...anyone know if its good or bunk?
    By BigPHusers11 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 02:50 AM
  5. OTC PCT Good Enough for PP/Prostanzol?
    By CNorris in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 01:31 PM