If its good enough for horses...? GTFIH

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    AdonisBelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    214335

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    That one guy eats thirty bananas a day..... its b a n a n a s...its bananas!
    This. Durianrider mate. Still living.

  2. Registered User
    blacklac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    321562

    Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    Very interesting. But what people are ignoring is the simple fact, as i stated before, that I AM POOR AND CANNOT AFFORD THE LUXERY OF ****ING BANANAS OR SWEET POTATOS MY FRAME HAS A BMR OF 4000 CALS AND THATS NOT CHEAP FFS. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE OPTIMAL PROTOCAL BUT IT IS OPTIMAL FOR MY PERSONAL LIFESTYLE AT THE MOMENT.

    Ahem, excuse me. For the last time, I am not an idiot. If I am getting this kind of caution for taking potassium as a supplement I'll take note to NEVER log any anabolics...

    Fuark people you all come with you strong opinions with complete disregard to the fact that I obviously have heard everything you guys are saying about the risk of BLATANT RECKLESS supplementation of it.

    Did you guys forget that I track all of my food on a daily basis and weigh it all out down to the gram? Ish, if you guys really want to make this thread about my personal diet and supplementation decisions I'll link my flippin fitness pal.
    Really...

    Insane PES Insider Sale
  3. Registered User
    AdonisBelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    214335

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklac View Post
    Really...
    Birthday gift. I was reimbursed. remember what happens when you assume!
    And thanks for the reality check on my priorities! I'll be sure not to budget around being able to afford sups....
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    blacklac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    321562

    How do you know I wasnt implying you should have asked for bananas or sweet potatoes instead of supplements for your birthday?? You know what happens when you assume...
  5. Registered User
    AdonisBelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    214335

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklac View Post
    How do you know I wasnt implying you should have asked for bananas or sweet potatoes instead of supplements for your birthday?? You know what happens when you assume...
    I'm not even gunna argue that frankly dumb and overly argumentitve statement.

    The level of scrutiny I'm getting for trying to help people is insane. I feel like I'm being put through the ringer here or am joing a frat. Ish, if I knew trying to help people with similar situations as myself I would attract so many hateful, hostile, and relentless parrots I would of never started this thread.

    Since I joined this forum I have been very active and have provided nothing but positive feedback and well-backed information.

    People like you make me feel almost backstabbed. /sigh

    I'm done responding here. I have gotton the points out that I wanted, particularly that there is a place to buy affordable bulk electrolytes. If people want to continue to attack me with naive and ignorant warnings and assuming ideas that I havn't thought about this choice, they can do so, but they are grossly underestimating someone they know nothing about.

    This patronizing and low-estimation of others is shameful. At most, I was hoping this would lead to an (educated) discussion on the supplementation of potassium and studies that go back and forth, but alas, i guess not.

    Respect to all those who were aiming at this and have PMed me. Your not all bad people
  6. Registered User
    JDog479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post

    Very interesting. But what people are ignoring is the simple fact, as i stated before, that I AM POOR AND CANNOT AFFORD THE LUXERY OF ****ING BANANAS OR SWEET POTATOS MY FRAME HAS A BMR OF 4000 CALS AND THATS NOT CHEAP FFS. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE OPTIMAL PROTOCAL BUT IT IS OPTIMAL FOR MY PERSONAL LIFESTYLE AT THE MOMENT.

    Ahem, excuse me. For the last time, I am not an idiot. If I am getting this kind of caution for taking potassium as a supplement I'll take note to NEVER log any anabolics...

    Fuark people you all come with you strong opinions with complete disregard to the fact that I obviously have heard everything you guys are saying about the risk of BLATANT RECKLESS supplementation of it.

    Did you guys forget that I track all of my food on a daily basis and weigh it all out down to the gram? Ish, if you guys really want to make this thread about my personal diet and supplementation decisions I'll link my flippin fitness pal.
    Sorry. I just felt compelled to give my two cents. If you know the risks and how to supplement it then best of luck.
  7. Registered User
    996ttelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    117805

    I must have taken a wring turn somewhere and ended up in the girls supplements for PMS forum.
  8. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,698
    Rep Power
    513131

    I must have taken a "wring" turn as well. I think I ended up at BB.com where no one discusses anything in a constructive manner or exchanges ideas..they just play know-it-all and pile on someone.
  9. Registered User
    chris223's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    598
    Rep Power
    64751

    Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post

    Very interesting. But what people are ignoring is the simple fact, as i stated before, that I AM POOR AND CANNOT AFFORD THE LUXERY OF ****ING BANANAS OR SWEET POTATOS MY FRAME HAS A BMR OF 4000 CALS AND THATS NOT CHEAP FFS. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE OPTIMAL PROTOCAL BUT IT IS OPTIMAL FOR MY PERSONAL LIFESTYLE AT THE MOMENT.

    Ahem, excuse me. For the last time, I am not an idiot. If I am getting this kind of caution for taking potassium as a supplement I'll take note to NEVER log any anabolics...

    Fuark people you all come with you strong opinions with complete disregard to the fact that I obviously have heard everything you guys are saying about the risk of BLATANT RECKLESS supplementation of it.

    Did you guys forget that I track all of my food on a daily basis and weigh it all out down to the gram? Ish, if you guys really want to make this thread about my personal diet and supplementation decisions I'll link my flippin fitness pal.
    Aren't bananas like 69 cents a pound? And if you need 4000 calories for maintenance, wouldn't all those extra carbs and calories be of benefit?

    I would like to hear more about these supplements though, especially that mass gainer. =)
  10. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,462
    Rep Power
    4172663

    Alpo, if its good enough for dogs.....
  11. Registered User
    sisi1887's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    37

    Why do you say you need that much potassium? Isn't the safe sodium/potassium ratio from 2.5:1 to 4:1? That's easily achievable from whole foods.
  12. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,435
    Rep Power
    5932870

    Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    And please, do explain how "kinetically" they are different. Is this because bananas have more weight to them when you throw them? if so, I guess your correct.
    Potassium pills have the ability to rapidly disintegrate and enter the bloodstream before proper endocrine-dependent tissue delivery can take place. This has potential to cause cardiotoxicity secondary to hyperkalemia.

    Bananas pose no such risk because they take hours to digest and absorb.

    But alas, if you choose not to heed my advice, we have nothing more than natural selection at play.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  13. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,698
    Rep Power
    513131

    Point taken. It appears that even the Linus Pauling Institute people removed that recommendation from their site and no longer advise K supplementation without medical consult/tests.
  14. Registered User
    AdonisBelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    214335

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Point taken. It appears that even the Linus Pauling Institute people removed that recommendation from their site and no longer advise K supplementation without medical consult/tests.
    I'm just gunna leave this here....
    nusalt dot com/faq
  15. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,462
    Rep Power
    4172663

    I have had potassium prescribed to me by my doctor, so I have some experience with this. You really need a blood test to see if you are deficient. You can't just assume you need so much and take it on your own. That can be extremely dangerous.
  16. Registered User
    blacklac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    321562

    Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    I'm just gunna leave this here....
    nusalt dot com/faq
    If you had made this thread and said you wanted to take 1 serving of that a day, this thread would have went totally different. You were throwing around supplementing 3.5-4g.
  17. Registered User
    antihero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    253645

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    I must have taken a "wring" turn as well. I think I ended up at BB.com where no one discusses anything in a constructive manner or exchanges ideas..they just play know-it-all and pile on someone.
    The fact of the matter is this: people throughout this thread have been trying to help this kid. He's arguing with us that he has the best solution. If he already has the best solution and is resistent to advice, why did he bother to all in the first place?

    Besides, bananas are dirt cheap.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  18. Registered User
    AdonisBelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    214335

    Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post

    The fact of the matter is this: people throughout this thread have been trying to help this kid. He's arguing with us that he has the best solution. If he already has the best solution and is resistent to advice, why did he bother to all in the first place?

    Besides, bananas are dirt cheap.
    The facts are this, actually: I'm not a kid. And this thread was never even supposed to be about me. Read the posts. I like that solution though "you have to eat bananas!!!" Another stupidly angry and persistent parrot.

    Maybe I'll start a potassium supplementation log... That should be fun
    My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html
  19. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,055
    Rep Power
    3266763

    I just suggest you take what Cooper said into account.

    I'm not sure on how the tablets are formed or the matrix's they used but if they leach out too quickly from the tablet (in high doses) they can kill tissue inside the body. Supplement companies are aware of this and formulate their capsules to ensure they do not secrete too much potassium to quickly.

    That is why non-prescription K+ supplements are restricted at ~99mg.

    It just doesn't seem like a safe idea to me.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  20. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    14,536
    Rep Power
    1590223

    Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post

    Very interesting. But what people are ignoring is the simple fact, as i stated before, that I AM POOR AND CANNOT AFFORD THE LUXERY OF ****ING BANANAS OR SWEET POTATOS MY FRAME HAS A BMR OF 4000 CALS AND THATS NOT CHEAP FFS. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE OPTIMAL PROTOCAL BUT IT IS OPTIMAL FOR MY PERSONAL LIFESTYLE AT THE MOMENT.

    Ahem, excuse me. For the last time, I am not an idiot. If I am getting this kind of caution for taking potassium as a supplement I'll take note to NEVER log any anabolics...

    Fuark people you all come with you strong opinions with complete disregard to the fact that I obviously have heard everything you guys are saying about the risk of BLATANT RECKLESS supplementation of it.

    Did you guys forget that I track all of my food on a daily basis and weigh it all out down to the gram? Ish, if you guys really want to make this thread about my personal diet and supplementation decisions I'll link my flippin fitness pal.
    Counting calories in actuality, gives you completely useless information, because the numbers your counting are most likely ( like 99%) incorrect.

    But, it helps some people keep control over eating, or I should say, micro managing their eating, and lead to positive results.

    But as far as real accuracy, the numbers you see on a food label are pretty worthless.

    Another note, if your so poor, you most likely can't afford a legitimate edee test, done in a laboratory setting, so you bmr is inaccurate as well. Possibility it can be close, depending on which method you use. Most use Harris Benedict, which is outdated, and pretty inaccurate.
  21. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    14,536
    Rep Power
    1590223

    And if you can't afford food, you def can't afford supplements.
  22. Registered User
    DipStrong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Age
    20
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    103342

    The proper term is the Sodium Potassium pump. The body has to maintain homeostasis between the 2. If one becomes overpowering, the individual cells could begin to implode on themselves. For instance, if you inject 5ml of K-HCL directly into the coratid artery, the person will die from the inside out. Why? Because the potassium caused the sodium-potassium pump to become out of whack. And as soon as 1 cell implodes, the ones surrounding it implode as well. Basic biology.

    http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...y/nakpump.html

    http://www.khanacademy.org/science/b...potassium-pump
    I'm just trying to bring sexy back.
  23. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    14,536
    Rep Power
    1590223

    Quote Originally Posted by DipStrong View Post
    The proper term is the Sodium Potassium pump. The body has to maintain homeostasis between the 2. If one becomes overpowering, the individual cells could begin to implode on themselves. For instance, if you inject 5ml of K-HCL directly into the coratid artery, the person will die from the inside out. Why? Because the potassium caused the sodium-potassium pump to become out of whack. And as soon as 1 cell implodes, the ones surrounding it implode as well. Basic biology.

    http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...y/nakpump.html

    http://www.khanacademy.org/science/b...potassium-pump
    Op knows all, so your WRONG SUCKA!
  24. Registered User
    DipStrong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Age
    20
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    103342

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

    Op knows all, so your WRONG SUCKA!
    ...but...but....but....biology ....and...chemistry...and science....
    I'm just trying to bring sexy back.
  25. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    14,536
    Rep Power
    1590223

    Quote Originally Posted by DipStrong View Post

    ...but...but....but....biology ....and...chemistry...and science....
    That doesn't mean sheeeeeiiiitttt when your young, dumb, and full of cu.., well, full of something lol.
  26. Registered User
    DipStrong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Age
    20
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    103342

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

    That doesn't mean sheeeeeiiiitttt when your young, dumb, and full of cu.., well, full of something lol.
    I'm only 19, lol. But science is my passion. Graduated high school with 2 awards in science, 4 ap science classes and 2 honors science classes, with a 3.43gpa.

    I fukcing love science!!!!!!! Lol
    I'm just trying to bring sexy back.
  27. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    14,536
    Rep Power
    1590223

    Quote Originally Posted by DipStrong View Post

    I'm only 19, lol. But science is my passion. Graduated high school with 2 awards in science, 4 ap science classes and 2 honors science classes, with a 3.43gpa.

    I fukcing love science!!!!!!! Lol
    Oh.
  28. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,435
    Rep Power
    5932870

    Quote Originally Posted by DipStrong View Post
    The proper term is the Sodium Potassium pump. The body has to maintain homeostasis between the 2. If one becomes overpowering, the individual cells could begin to implode on themselves. For instance, if you inject 5ml of K-HCL directly into the coratid artery, the person will die from the inside out. Why? Because the potassium caused the sodium-potassium pump to become out of whack. And as soon as 1 cell implodes, the ones surrounding it implode as well. Basic biology.

    http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...y/nakpump.html

    http://www.khanacademy.org/science/b...potassium-pump
    This has absolutely nothing to do with hyperkalemia-induced cardiotoxicity.

    Elevated serum K+ (as seen in the potassium injections) causes hypoexcitability of voltage gated sodium channels due to inactivation by creating a pseudo-depolarized state. This makes it virtually impossible to fire action potentials across the SA-AV-Purkinje system, causing arrhythmia and death. Cells don't "implode." They may shrink due to hypertonicity, but this would not be observed with potassium since it is an inctracellular osmolyte.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  29. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,698
    Rep Power
    513131

    Yeah, well, my brain just exploded with Potassium information.

    Great information, as usual.
  30. Registered User
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,389
    Rep Power
    1162412

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    This has absolutely nothing to do with hyperkalemia-induced cardiotoxicity.

    Elevated serum K+ (as seen in the potassium injections) causes hypoexcitability of voltage gated sodium channels due to inactivation by creating a pseudo-depolarized state. This makes it virtually impossible to fire action potentials across the SA-AV-Purkinje system, causing arrhythmia and death. Cells don't "implode." They may shrink due to hypertonicity, but this would not be observed with potassium since it is an inctracellular osmolyte.
    The fact that I understand this just means I need to take a break from the bio books =D
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 08:21 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 02:44 AM
  3. If It's Bad for America, It's Good for Democrats
    By bpmartyr in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 04:43 PM
  4. GXL original HD...anyone know if its good or bunk?
    By BigPHusers11 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 02:50 AM
  5. OTC PCT Good Enough for PP/Prostanzol?
    By CNorris in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.