Ephedra please explain!

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
So maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but I can't get everything straight on what went down with ephedra ban and what the current state is on it.
I think it goes something like this but it's never clicked for some reason.
Ephedra, there are several species, but doesn't really matter. Was banned, but ephedrine is still around. Why do some companies list ephedra/ ephedra HCL in ingredients? Any benefit of Ephedra over ephidrine?

Help it's driving me nuts.

gmanall

Awards
The FDA issued a ban of ephedra-containing dietary supplements and is still illegal today. I think there maybe a loop hole of using ma huang, the natural source, although by what I've heard it's not as good or pure. You can still buy ephedrine OTC for asthma and bronchitis "Relief".

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
The FDA issued a ban of ephedra-containing dietary supplements and is still illegal today. I think there maybe a loop hole of using ma huang, the natural source, although by what I've heard it's not as good or pure. You can still buy ephedrine OTC for asthma and bronchitis "Relief".
What's the difference between the 2 names?

bigbb123

Awards
What's the difference between the 2 names?
Youl want to get ephedrine, thats the pure concentrated form to put it in laymans terms. Its available behind the counter at a pharmacy in most states as bronchodilator for asthma.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Exactly, OTC or online. Ephedrine!

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Ephedrine is a component of ephedra. Ephedrine is the active component of ephedra that makes it an effective fat loss supplement. Since the ban, ephedrine can no longer be sold or marketed as a weight loss supplement. It is still available over the counter at pharmacies as a bronchial aid. Ephedra (minus the ephedrine akaloid) is still legal for sale as a supplement, though its effectiveness is debatable, and companies that advertise their product as containing ephedra (Hi Tech likes to call it "ephedra extract" to further mislead the consumer) are hoping to profit off of people's ignorance.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the clarification guys! I just got some from CVS, they sold it as 'Bronkaide".

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup bronkaid or primatene, both are fine.
Only dosing is different. Bronkaid is ephedrine sulfate and primatene is ephedrine hcl.

bigbb123

Awards
Only dosing is different. Bronkaid is ephedrine sulfate and primatene is ephedrine hcl.
Yes, thats a very good point! Which is more potent? I always felt primatene more than bronkaid.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, thats a very good point! Which is more potent? I always felt primatene more than bronkaid.
hcl. Though they tend to come 24 to a pack while sulfate comes 60 to a pack I think. So in the end it's kind of a wash. I still prefer hcl. 2 primatene at 12.5 mg, 200mg caffeine, and 1 baby aspirin

Younglifter16

Awards
CVS generic of primatene is the cheapeast ephedrine youll find. HCL too not that it really matters.

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
anyone know a trusted website to find ephedrine hcl??

gmanall

Awards
Just buy it at your local pharmacy, a lot easier that way.

ndnguy85

ndnguy85

Awards
what bout these sites that are selling ephedrine hcl online? legit?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't understand why would you go online instead of just getting it at any local pharmacy. It's not difficult

bobbundy

Awards
CVS generic of primatene is the cheapeast ephedrine youll find. HCL too not that it really matters.
I have a cvs near me but couldnt find this stuff. Do you need a prescription or Do you have to ask someone for it?

RickyBDragon

RickyBDragon

Banned
Awards
I have a cvs near me but couldnt find this stuff. Do you need a prescription or Do you have to ask someone for it?
You need to go to the pharmacy and ask them for either bronkaid or primatene. You will need to show the pharmacist your ID.

ndnguy85

ndnguy85

Awards
Na I got it at cvs (bronkaid) but I was just wondering if it's possible to just omit the mucinex and stick to ephedrine only.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what bout these sites that are selling ephedrine hcl online? legit?
The stuff you buy in the store is stuff you bought legally, and know definitively what you are buying. That other stuff you bought online is a gamble that you will receive anything at all let alone what it is claimed to be. Even if it is from a reputable source, vouched for by people you have never met.

So, even bother to try an online source when you can just stop by the local pharmacy.

No prescription. It is OTC. Only thing is, just like the Sudafed cold medicine they leave a card out on the shelves in its place and you take it to the pharmacy window. If you don't see any card, just go straight the the pharmacy window and ask. Have your drivers license cause they will swipe it. This is just so they can see if you are trying to buy like 15g's of it and make meth. The amount needed for eca run is small time, and you won't ever hit the legal cutoff.

livelean123

Awards
[h=4]Ephedra Diet Pills are used to get weight loss quickly.these are used for supplement to loss your weight.[/h][h=4][/h]

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[h=4]Ephedra Diet Pills are used to get weight loss quickly.these are used for supplement to loss your weight.[/h][h=4][/h]
Strong post is strong.