MN XFA vs. SNS X-Gels

mrharris

Awards
On nutraplanet there's a value sized MN X-Factor Advanced 200ct. for $65, and SNS X-Gels 100ct. (x2) for $80.

Which product is better? I thought XFA would be more money but it doesn't seem to be the case. Do the new x-gels have something new or special over the tried and true XFA? Thoughts, opinions, facts would be appreciated. I'm going to buy one of these very soon. Thanks guys!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Straight ArA >>> XFA in my experiences. I love the stuff and XFO or X-gels are the better option.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
XFA has the added omega-3s which you don't want when you are running ArA.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. Compare X-Gels to the original X-Factor, not X-Factor advanced.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Original XF is superior to the new XFA. I am guessing it's on sale so they can clean inventory, but who knows.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Molecular nutrition can explain the opposite on why xfa is superior to straight ara. Who knows.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks guys. ordered SNS X-Gels, SNS COP, SNS Agmatine, PES Enhanced and PES Alpha T2 :eek:)
That is a Very solid order form someone with 7 posts! I just ordered the new T2 as well, can't wait to try it.

You running a log?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

mrharris

Awards
No log... Never thought about that. I have quite a bit more supps I have in stock ready for me to use throughout the rest of 2013 :D can't wait.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Original XF is superior to the new XFA. I am guessing it's on sale so they can clean inventory, but who knows.
That's exactly what I have been thinking - they must have made *&^%load of XFA - cause they have been pushing it for quite a while now.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
thanks guys. ordered SNS X-Gels, SNS COP, SNS Agmatine, PES Enhanced and PES Alpha T2 :eek:)
Very nice choices for your order!

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. Just picked up 4 bottles of SNS X-Gels as well. I just wanted straight ArA, and by looking at the lab result they posted looks like we get a little bit more then 250mg per cap. Sweeeeeet!

Yeah try to avoid anti-inflammatorys while on X-Gel. That includes Omega3 fish oils.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You stocked up! Should have a good run! I got some xgels to run with tropinol xp and intimidate srt. Should be epic!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Awesome order. A cautionary note that you probably don't want to combine X-gels, agmatine, and Enhanced...the pumps will be too much to handle :D

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Nice. Are you gonna be dosing a carnitine with your x-gels?

mrharris

Awards
Sns alcar for sure. 2g preworkout. As far as GMS, I have it but its painful to take so I may not.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sns alcar for sure. 2g preworkout. As far as GMS, I have it but its painful to take so I may not.
May be a pain, but I'd run it along ArA still.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I prefer PLCAR to ALCAR in relation to stacking with ArA, but I don't think PLCAR gets enough love in general.

mrharris

Awards
I have both. I can't really tell the difference between plcar and alcar

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have both. I can't really tell the difference between plcar and alcar
Ill be using a ton of lclt with mine.. mainly from 3 scoops compete. 2 pre and 1 intra.

Mike

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I prefer PLCAR to ALCAR in relation to stacking with ArA, but I don't think PLCAR gets enough love in general.
This is what I am using with my X-gels right now. :eek:

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For those who can't stand the texture of GMS and still want it, you can try mixing it in yogurt or cottage cheese to get it down easier.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For those who can't stand the texture of GMS and still want it, you can try mixing it in yogurt or cottage cheese to get it down easier.
I dont understand texture issues with gms. I dont feel a thing when i chug it but then again i dont let it sit in my mouth either.

Mike

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nutra has the xfactor advanced 200ct, another website has xfactor original 200ct for 65ish. :)

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont understand texture issues with gms. I dont feel a thing when i chug it but then again i dont let it sit in my mouth either.

Mike
I can stomach it now, but in the past I was a baby about it and would put it in yogurt.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can stomach it now, but in the past I was a baby about it and would put it in yogurt.
Hmm glycergrow is salty with a slight nasty taste.. bulk gms is flavorless.. i prefer glycergrow though.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually kinda like Glycergrow...its a weird love hate with the taste for me. :eek:

chris223

Awards
  • Established

Mike
I don't think it's bad at all, either. When I finally bought some GlycerGrow I was horrified at the prospect of drinking it, but it was fine. Made me think I got a bad batch.

mrharris

Awards
I have glycergrow. How much should I be taking a day and on work out days?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutra has the xfactor advanced 200ct, another website has xfactor original 200ct for 65ish. :)
Great prices all around on XF/XFA and X-gels.

Three great products for sure, all centered around one amazing ingredient!

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Ive been making more gains on 8 X-gels+Glycergrow+LCLT stack then i did on 30 mg of Epi.
Im still on the first bottle too lol and im considering buying a 3rd, but idk if thats a good idea.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive been making more gains on 8 X-gels+Glycergrow+LCLT stack then i did on 30 mg of Epi.
Im still on the first bottle too lol and im considering buying a 3rd, but idk if thats a good idea.
Awesome to hear!

How long has this cycle lasted, the two bottles?

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
i started taking 4 then 6 now im up to 8 which i feel is the sweet spot im not even 3 weeks in and i put up more today on the bench then i did on my epi cycle, im actually in pct lol im taking it alongside finaflex pct assist and compound 20.
and of course torem

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Holy moly!

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sounds about right

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
That's awesome to hear,I will be using X-gels for the first time in my upcoming PCT!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i started taking 4 then 6 now im up to 8 which i feel is the sweet spot im not even 3 weeks in and i put up more today on the bench then i did on my epi cycle, im actually in pct lol im taking it alongside finaflex pct assist and compound 20.
and of course torem

I am using X gels in PCT (1.5g) and am getting bigger and leaner. It is insane. Feel like I am still on cycle :)

This is what we like to hear!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the link

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and of course torem
If you are only 3 weeks in, I'd run another bottle if you want.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just came across this from Right Hook at Lean Bulk,

"BMC Cancer, 2012 vol. 12 pp. 606

Arachidonic acid and cancer risk: a systematic review of observational studies

Sakai, M; Kakutani, S; Horikawa, C; Tokuda, H; Kawashima, H; Shibata, H; Okubo, H; Sasaki, S

Background: An n-6 essential fatty acid, arachidonic acid (ARA) is converted into prostaglandin E2, which is involved in tumour extension. However, it is unclear whether dietary ARA intake leads to cancer in humans. We thus systematically evaluated available observational studies on the relationship between ARA exposure and the risk of colorectal, skin, breast, prostate, lung, and stomach cancers. Methods: We searched the PubMed database for articles published up to May 17, 2010. 126 potentially relevant articles from the initial search and 49,670 bibliographies were scrutinised to identify eligible publications by using predefined inclusion criteria. A comprehensive literature search yielded 52 eligible articles, and their reporting quality and methodological quality was assessed. Information on the strength of the association between ARA exposure and cancer risk, the dose-response relationship, and methodological limitations was collected and evaluated with respect to consistency and study design. Results: For colorectal, skin, breast, and prostate cancer, 17, 3, 18, and 16 studies, respectively, were identified. We could not obtain eligible reports for lung and stomach cancer. Studies used cohort (n = 4), nested case-control (n = 12), case-control (n = 26), and cross-sectional (n = 12) designs. The number of subjects (n = 15 - 88,795), ARA exposure assessment method (dietary intake or biomarker), cancer diagnosis and patient recruitment procedure (histological diagnosis, cancer registries, or self-reported information) varied among studies. The relationship between ARA exposure and colorectal cancer was inconsistent based on ARA exposure assessment methodology (dietary intake or biomarker). Conversely, there was no strong positive association or dose-response relationship for breast or prostate cancer. There were limited numbers of studies on skin cancer to draw any conclusions from the results.

Conclusions: The available epidemiologic evidence is weak because of the limited number of studies and their methodological limitations, but nonetheless, the results suggest that ARA exposure is not associated with increased breast and prostate cancer risk. Further evidence from well-designed observational studies is required to confirm or refute the association between ARA exposure and risk of cancer."

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
Are most of you guys running 1g+ for your cycles? So 4 bottles for a 50 day cycle if you want to run 2g can get a little pricey...

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are most of you guys running 1g+ for your cycles? So 4 bottles for a 50 day cycle if you want to run 2g can get a little pricey...
Can't speak for 'everyone' lol, I would say many first time users start with just the 1g dosing, which I had success with my first time out...going up to 1.5 -2g, I'll usually just dose on workout days only or like 500mg on off days, to make the bottle last a bit longer...