BCAA question

FromAus

Awards
There has been a lot of people saying when to take BCAA's like pre intra or post, when do you think that it should be taken and why?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you train fasted pre and intra are best. If ur not fasted any of the above is fine. I personally have a meal about an hour pre workout then intra workout I use Fiinaflex Apple Fusion BCAA SAA and post workout ill have my protein and carbs. If ur not fasted it doesn't make much differance just place them where they are between the two meals before and post workout. That's what I would do.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
If you train fasted pre and intra are best. If ur not fasted any of the above is fine. I personally have a meal about an hour pre workout then intra workout I use Fiinaflex Apple Fusion BCAA SAA and post workout ill have my protein and carbs. If ur not fasted it doesn't make much differance just place them where they are between the two meals before and post workout. That's what I would do.
Good advice Tego as always bud!

It depends on your goals. I workout in the am have a shake with protein and carbs about 40 mins b4 wo. Now if I'm cutting I don't use MBCAAs intra but any other time I use two scoops MBCAAs+ intra. Use them wherever you see fit, In between meals, fasting etc.

These are still on sale at an amazing price

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/usplabs/modern-bcaa-428-grams.html

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established
I always use Compete intraworkout.

but you have to make sure that you give your body time to digest your previous meal... i eat 2 HOURS before my workout, then I have my intra shake while training

people will eat 30 mins before the gym, then start chugging an intra drink loaded with carbs or aminos.... that chit isnt getting digested till you are probably done...

if you are having a "pre" shake, i would skip the intra, unless its a very long workout that will be ~2 hours like a ridiculous leg session or something

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I use mine Intra Workout, and anytime I am cutting I use them throughout the day.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards

but you have to make sure that you give your body time to digest your previous meal... i eat 2 HOURS before my workout, then I have my intra shake while training

people will eat 30 mins before the gym, then start chugging an intra drink loaded with carbs or aminos.... that chit isnt getting digested till you are probably done...

if you are having a "pre" shake, i would skip the intra, unless its a very long workout that will be ~2 hours like a ridiculous leg session or something
Yes very true. I should've been more specific. Eating 2 hours b4 for me would not be fun as I train at 4am lol. But my shake isn't overly large and generally don't start taking my intra BCAAs until the end of my session or like stated above if its a longer session.

scrapedshinz

scrapedshinz

Awards

I do almost exactly this. Always plan my last meal to be at least 2 hours out from a meal. 1 scoop Compete 20 minutes preworkout, and then one scoop intraworkout.

To call it simply BCAA product isn't really doing it justice, though.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
what's the ideal ratio?
I wouldn't get too hung up on the ratio. If you want a higher ratio of leucine to valine/isoL, then just get Leucine solo. However, people overlook the benefits of Isoleucine which also has some very anabolic properties.

I would focus on getting 10:5:5 at least ... L:IL:V