Sleeping troubles. Sleep aid supplement without nightmares? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Sleeping troubles. Sleep aid supplement without nightmares?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    Never heard if Valerian being ineffective in males....might wanna double check that. Are you speaking from your own experience oerhaps?
    He may be but this is the research he provided:
    Quote Originally Posted by dsbhaver View Post

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I just had another great night with LiGHts Out - I've gotten some much needed, restorative sleep thanks to this product. It's becoming one of my favorites in our line.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like the nightmares !! I have to try lights out by iforce but Man - RemPM is real good and I've been using Ronnie Coleman's resurect -PM that stuff is legit . It tastes like cough syrup but it doesn't bother me at all.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I posted this in another thread:

Valerian Root, l-theanine, chamomile, passion flower, hops extract, even small doses of Benadryl. I would recommend melatonin but, people have a hard time properly cycling it. If to use it, say every other day or two weeks on melatonin and then two weeks off. Melatonin is a naturally produced hormone through the pineal gland and continued use will lead to delayed natural production, not good!

Not sure if any of the above will react in a negative way with you and bring on nightmares as everyone is different. I can tell you no problems here any time I use any of the sleep aids that I mentioned above.
    Jimmy Robinson
    Natural Pro Bodybuilder
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.

For those who enjoy Lights Out....
    What are the main ingredient in the proprietary blend?
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  90 lbs.

Bulletproof from musclepharm was actually great! i had some good nights and the falling a sleep part was like a dream, would get lazy, tired, and then suddenly passed out. Next day i would be fresh n recovered, it has some bcaa in it too to help recovery.. and some GH boosting stuff, so that u get that edge too

sometimes these big brands MP - BSN actually make something worth taking.. this for me was a good one
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

mucuna pruriens
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  8. purebred

A night well rested
  9. Advanced Member

if i consider that lights out only consists of two cheap, widely available ingredients i find the product too expensive for me though i dont doubt that its effective
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I use now zma and now 5htp @5mg. I've found their brand to cost the least. More that 5mg 5htp gives me weird dreams and hard to wake up. If I need more sleep aid, I take some ketotifen or benadryl about 90 minutes before bed. Otherwise if later, I'm a zombie in the morning.
    I tried Valerian but it had stim effects for me. I read some research after that that shows it can have this effect on some of the test subjects.
    Alcohol is a poor choice because the body is busy breaking it down. You never reach the deepest sleep and when the alcohol is finished breaking down, blood sugar drops fast. After this, the body sends a spike of adrenaline which causes people to wake up or move up to the lightest level of sleep.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I can vouch for MusclePharm Bulletproof and Animal PM myself... Also I do things like trigger point/fascial release therapy to help get better blood flow and ultimately better sleep. Also I take cold showers post workout for blood flow as well. There's a tension or a stress that can sometimes hinder a good night of sleep.
  12. New Member

Most important thing to do is improve your sleep hygiene. Perhaps look into getting a sleep study done on yourself. As far as supplements, melatonin or phenibut (but phenibut should be used sparingly).
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by msloan View Post
    Most important thing to do is improve your sleep hygiene. Perhaps look into getting a sleep study done on yourself. As far as supplements, melatonin or phenibut (but phenibut should be used sparingly).
    Please clarify^^
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  14. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Seriously this is the best advice.....you will be surprised at how effective this is. But allow enough time for the changes to embed and begin to take effect.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Sorry to hear about your issues, I have similar ones myself.
    I have liked and rec:
    need2sleep
    kavakava
    Valerian root
    *not at same time*

If you are interested in kava pm me I used to buy alot of it, i dont use it as often now.

good luck.

ohh also this might help you: http://www.selftherapy.org/stop-anxi...ic-attacks.php

cheers
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  16. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    If you are interested in kava pm me I used to buy alot of it, i dont use it as often now.

good luck.

ohh also this might help you: Help to Stop Panic Attacks

cheers
    What form of kava might​ be in your possession?
  17. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Please clarify^^
    Tachyphylaxis develops quite rapidly and some users report withdrawal symptoms from continuous use of phenibut.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

I just tried gaba for the first time in a long time and it relaxed me plenty to get some great sleep. I was dreaming like crazy too so I know it was restful. I have had a lot of sleep issues since spending a few years in the middle east and I have taken sleep aids for a while now which most likely isn't healthy. But at least with gaba it is healthy and does the trick too.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Tachyphylaxis develops quite rapidly and some users report withdrawal symptoms from continuous use of phenibut.
    good to know!
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.

I take a magnesium supplement with zinc in it, it puts me out. I've also found as a few people have mentioned above L-Theanine, I have used this regimen for a while and I wake up refreshed. I like melatonin in short burst say a week or so, but it made me groggy getting up, had brain fog for about the first 2 hours. I will occasionally throw some 5-htp in there or impatients flower or rock rose if needed.
    PT, DPT, OCS Clinical Residency
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.

I want to thank all who replied to the topic trying to help me.

Meanwhile, i ordered 3Z from AI but iīm still waiting for it.. It takes almost a month from USA to Portugal

Currently, it seems my sleep and anxiety are a little better that a month ago, but itīs a slow process and unfortunately i know this can change for worse in a instant.
  22. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleM101 View Post
    Hi,

Since a few months, iīm having a lot of sleeping troubles.

I donīt know if itīs related but suffer from general anxiety disorder and agoraphobia with panic attacks. However, sleeping was never affected by that.

It used to be the best part of the day, when i finally could rest my mind.

Now, iīm having trouble to fall asleep and wake a lot of times during the night (sometimes only 2 or 3h after) without falling asleep again for a while. As if not enough i have very vivid dreams and the most of them nighmares.

On the next day i wake tired with the feeling i havenīt rested. Even if i wake up for myself and not with the alarm. Theres some nights i only sleep 5 hours, wake up and canīt sleep more. Other nights, i fall asleep again after a while and sleep during the morning which messes even more with my sleep cycles.

Iīm really confused because from what i know, the nightmares/vivid dreams occur during the REM sleep, but it seems i canīt get deep sleep like i should.

I donīt know if itīs important to say, but the way i fall asleep better is watching tv series and/movies on computer. I know it isnīt recommended but if i wonīt watch anything i turn and turn on the bed and nothing..

Iīd like to know your opinion and if theres any supplement i could try to improve my sleep. Iīve tried some in the past and almost of them induce me vivid dreams/nightmares and those i already have. On the beginning can be funny but not after a while. I woke up even more anxious.

So, do you know of any sleep aid supplement that could help me to have a deeper sleep and could eliminate the nightmares? I think this seems a non sense question but i really like to hear your opinion.

Thanks
    Smoke weed. Some indica
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best/Recommended Sleep Aid Supplement
    By Shredzz in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 01:56 PM
  2. sleep aid supplements
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 06:22 AM
  3. Do Bodybuilders have trouble sleeping because of a large neck?
    By John Smeton in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 12:43 AM
  4. Trouble Sleeping with Reduce XT
    By reidhoch in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 04:11 PM
  5. nolva/zma and trouble sleeping
    By pcazar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 03:04 PM