Sleeping troubles. Sleep aid supplement without nightmares?

BigHoop65

Awards
I can vouch for MusclePharm Bulletproof and Animal PM myself... Also I do things like trigger point/fascial release therapy to help get better blood flow and ultimately better sleep. Also I take cold showers post workout for blood flow as well. There's a tension or a stress that can sometimes hinder a good night of sleep.

msloan

msloan

Awards
Most important thing to do is improve your sleep hygiene. Perhaps look into getting a sleep study done on yourself. As far as supplements, melatonin or phenibut (but phenibut should be used sparingly).

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most important thing to do is improve your sleep hygiene. Perhaps look into getting a sleep study done on yourself. As far as supplements, melatonin or phenibut (but phenibut should be used sparingly).
Please clarify^^

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Seriously this is the best advice.....you will be surprised at how effective this is. But allow enough time for the changes to embed and begin to take effect.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your issues, I have similar ones myself.
I have liked and rec:
need2sleep
kavakava
Valerian root
*not at same time*

If you are interested in kava pm me I used to buy alot of it, i dont use it as often now.

good luck.

ohh also this might help you: http://www.selftherapy.org/stop-anxiety-panic-attacks.php

cheers

anaboliks

Awards
I just tried gaba for the first time in a long time and it relaxed me plenty to get some great sleep. I was dreaming like crazy too so I know it was restful. I have had a lot of sleep issues since spending a few years in the middle east and I have taken sleep aids for a while now which most likely isn't healthy. But at least with gaba it is healthy and does the trick too.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
I take a magnesium supplement with zinc in it, it puts me out. I've also found as a few people have mentioned above L-Theanine, I have used this regimen for a while and I wake up refreshed. I like melatonin in short burst say a week or so, but it made me groggy getting up, had brain fog for about the first 2 hours. I will occasionally throw some 5-htp in there or impatients flower or rock rose if needed.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
I want to thank all who replied to the topic trying to help me.

Meanwhile, i ordered 3Z from AI but i´m still waiting for it.. It takes almost a month from USA to Portugal :(

Currently, it seems my sleep and anxiety are a little better that a month ago, but it´s a slow process and unfortunately i know this can change for worse in a instant.

mariscal

mariscal

Awards
Hi,

Since a few months, i´m having a lot of sleeping troubles.

I don´t know if it´s related but suffer from general anxiety disorder and agoraphobia with panic attacks. However, sleeping was never affected by that.

It used to be the best part of the day, when i finally could rest my mind.

Now, i´m having trouble to fall asleep and wake a lot of times during the night (sometimes only 2 or 3h after) without falling asleep again for a while. As if not enough i have very vivid dreams and the most of them nighmares.

On the next day i wake tired with the feeling i haven´t rested. Even if i wake up for myself and not with the alarm. Theres some nights i only sleep 5 hours, wake up and can´t sleep more. Other nights, i fall asleep again after a while and sleep during the morning which messes even more with my sleep cycles.

I´m really confused because from what i know, the nightmares/vivid dreams occur during the REM sleep, but it seems i can´t get deep sleep like i should.

I don´t know if it´s important to say, but the way i fall asleep better is watching tv series and/movies on computer. I know it isn´t recommended but if i won´t watch anything i turn and turn on the bed and nothing..

I´d like to know your opinion and if theres any supplement i could try to improve my sleep. I´ve tried some in the past and almost of them induce me vivid dreams/nightmares and those i already have. On the beginning can be funny but not after a while. I woke up even more anxious.

So, do you know of any sleep aid supplement that could help me to have a deeper sleep and could eliminate the nightmares? I think this seems a non sense question but i really like to hear your opinion.

Thanks
Smoke weed. Some indica