Best Protein Shake?

bulk88

bulk88

Awards
What's everyone's routine on putting your protein shake together? Only use water? Only use milk? Or what type and brand of protein......Big debate with my buddies over this!
How about recipes do you guys add to your shakes for extra calories or taste? Come on everyone lets share sons recipes and ideas
LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GOT!

Mp859

Mp859

Awards
Post wo shake

Water
On 100% whey vanilla cream
Banana
Raw oats

Taste excellent

Optimum nutrition is the way to go IMO

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
don't use protein power but I have heard awesome reviews from(protean ,trutien, myofusion/) just to name a few

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulking:
OJ and/or 2% Milk
Whey
Banana
Greek Yogurt (flavored)
Rolled Oats (Grinded)
Peanut Butter (sometimes)
Crushed Ice

Cutting:
Water
Whey

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Post wo shakeWaterOn 100% whey vanilla creamBananaRaw oatsTaste excellentOptimum nutrition is the way to go IMO
Great recommendation here. Add some PB and almond milk for bulking along with oat bran/oats. ON all the way, great selection for every need...

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
3 parts water 1 part milk + protean. sooo good.

bulk88

bulk88

Awards
He'll yeah guys all these recipes looks delicious keep em coming guys!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
My current prep pre wo shake is yummy

1c raw oats
1 large banana
50g egg white protein chocolate
Water and ice

Blend that up and for me it's like heaven

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use calorie countdown skim milk. 35 calories per 8oz, no fat, 8g protein and I think 2.5g carbs only. With whatever protein powder I happen to have handy.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
No dairy. Milk is a big no no nowadays. Use almond milk. Maybe soy but even that's questionable

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
I don't see any reason not use milk for my current goals, but have taken to using almond milk regardless.

~12 ounces almond milk
3 ice cubes
2 scoops iForce Protean Vanilla Cupcake Batter
1 large banana
2 tablespoons peanut butter
.5 cup raw oats

Enjoy. :D Protean really has an un*****ed flavoring system - one of the finest on the market and definitely in its price range, and unique flavors like Red Velvet Cake and Vanilla Mint Swirl set it even further apart.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One of my absolute favorite things about NutraPlanet is that they carry my favorite line of protein powders, Beverly Intl. Many online retailers dont, which is yet another reason why NP is numero uno.

DjAnthum

DjAnthum

Awards
I pretty much always use water unless its leg day...then i add skim milk but ONLY before bed.

I use an Aussie branded protein (Bioflex Nutrition) 27g of hydrolysed WPI and Casein with virtually 0 carbs and fats.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT... I must say... i got given stacks of Ronnies "Pro-Antium" protein samples...and OMG THE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIE FLAVOUR!

Only damn problem is its too expensive to bloody stock at wholesale let alone buy for myself...IMO. (In Aus of course...US pay peanuts for protein)

scrapedshinz

scrapedshinz

Awards
It really depends on the goals and times of the shake.

Post workout, I really prefer my protein shakes to be light, which means I always use about 8 oz of ice cold water. The temperature and the thinness is really great after lifting heavy.

If it's for a meal replacement or to supplement a meal that needs more protein, I prefer unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Favorite of mine:

10 oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
2 scoops iForce Vanilla Mint Swirl

When I was bulking and just wanted as many calories as possible, I did 2 scoops protein powder and added 1 cup oats, 2 tbs PB, and used whole dairy milk.

Still gotta say VMS + Almond Milk is king.

bulk88

bulk88

Awards
Reading all of these comments and alot of people have their own routine lol who would of knew but they are hella good ideas

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Protean Red Velvet, Vanilla Mint Swirl, and Strawberry Creamsicle = ridiculous. I made ice cream with the red velvet and the strawberry - I bought a cheap-o ice cream maker on Amazon a couple weeks ago and it gets used every day at this point. 1.5 scoops red velvet protean + 1.5c almond milk - throw it in the ice cream maker and SHABLAM! Pre-bed protein ice cream, in my face :)

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Protean Red Velvet, Vanilla Mint Swirl, and Strawberry Creamsicle = ridiculous. I made ice cream with the red velvet and the strawberry - I bought a cheap-o ice cream maker on Amazon a couple weeks ago and it gets used every day at this point. 1.5 scoops red velvet protean + 1.5c almond milk - throw it in the ice cream maker and SHABLAM! Pre-bed protein ice cream, in my face :)
Nice

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TruNutrition Trutein WITH MILK!!!

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed only I use almond milk. Cinnabun or chocolate covered banana.. Yeah buddy!
Cinnabun vs chocolate covered banana go!

- Valdez

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TruNutrition Trutein WITH MILK!!!

- Valdez
Milk?!??! What is this 2001? Don't you know that **** will destroy the gainz?!

(Milk user here as well).

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milk?!??! What is this 2001? Don't you know that **** will destroy the gainz?!

(Milk user here as well).
Damn milk haterzzzzz!!

- Valdez

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
PROnom + Almond Milk = awesome

The chocolate tastes like Swiss Miss and the Vanilla tastes like French Vanilla or Twinkie.

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
Cinnabun vs chocolate covered banana go!

- Valdez
That's real tough... Really close but probably chocolate cover banana all year round.. I do really enjoy cinnabun in the winter n cold month tho.