Putting Together a Non-Stim Weight Loss Stack..

SeniorXJ

Awards
Between summer coming just around the corner & my 7yr old Son winning his first Jiu Jitsu competition today, its time to get back that "big/muscular guy" image & reputation i once had. This time tho i wanna concentrate more on weight loss, mainly gettin rid of the gut i grew, & not just lifting to get bigger.

The plan is to attack from all angles, 1st ive already dropped 10lbs from dieting alone, 2nd i do have stim supps, but i wish i could take em every day but cant cause i have a cronic insomnia sleep disorder, so some days i cant take my "get up & go" stack, (OxyElite Pro/Alfha T-2), cause it will inhibit my sleep. Basicaly i can only take a single dose in the am & only on days where i know ill be up for say 15hrs give or take.

Now to the point & stack:

CLA: 2grams 3x a day before meals.
ALCAR: 3grams a day with or without meals.
Raspberry Ketones: 500mgs 3x a day before meals.
Green Tea: 500mgs 3x a day with meals
Green Coffee Bean Extract: 350mgs 3x a day

My stats: 6.0' 260lbs, 36yrs old, been in the game since i turned 20 & one thing that sucks with age is that the muscle mass goes away quicker if u dont use it, i gain weight easier, etc. SO, if anyone has anything to add, take away, or advise on, well then thats what the intent of this thread is for!!
Thanks!!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Drop CLA, add in some reduce XT to help modulate any cortisol that's going on and will hit that visceral fatty tissue.

Forskolin by SS is 95% pure so I small dose of 25mg 2-3 times daily is ideal to ramp up thyroid, raises cAMP which is part of lipolysis, adds in boosting test and retention of lbm while dieting.

Aav2 1.5hrs post meal to help shuttle any excess fat away and aid in some extra health and bonus fat burning with the alpha y when taken fasted :)

SeniorXJ

Awards
Drop CLA, add in some reduce XT to help modulate any cortisol that's going on and will hit that visceral fatty tissue.

Forskolin by SS is 95% pure so I small dose of 25mg 2-3 times daily is ideal to ramp up thyroid, raises cAMP which is part of lipolysis, adds in boosting test and retention of lbm while dieting.

Aav2 1.5hrs post meal to help shuttle any excess fat away and aid in some extra health and bonus fat burning with the alpha y when taken fasted :)
Good call on cortisol (doesnt erase reduce cortisol too), & does any of that give u energy in ANY way that would inhibit my sleep if i take a serving with din din with only a few hrs till i plan to retire for the day?? Remember thats the point of the whole thread is to take some supps with meals like CLA that will aid in body comp & weight loss & wont keep me up at night!

As for the T, ill be taking a low dose of T-eneth & Eq within the next month or so, oh & why drop the CLA?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Google CLA problems

You need a dose that is too high and offsets other fatty acids quickly in a nutshell.

SeniorXJ

Awards
Google CLA problems

You need a dose that is too high and offsets other fatty acids quickly in a nutshell.
Ok so i did this & found that there is just as much evidence that CLA (while its no magic pill), can aid in weight loss as there is information on why u shouldnt supplement with CLA. BUT the only real argument that im reading was that not all CLA is pure & some off brands contain stuff like tonalin & soy based fats which can be easily solved by purchasing from a well established supp company with a great rep!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
The research seems to point to most of the positive effects coming from the cis-9, trans-11 isomer, while the benefits of the trans-10, cis-12 isomer are limited. The few negative effects that were experienced in human studies were possibly attributable to the trans-10, cis-12 isomer. The negative effects of this isomer*include inflammation, an increase in insulin resistance, and an increase in oxidative stress. (7) This isomer of conjugated linoleic acid has, however, been found to have lipogenesis inhibiting effects (prevents storage of calories as fat) which the cis-9, trans-11 isomer does not possess. (8, 7)

As far as the real-world effectiveness of CLA supplements for improving body composition, the studies done on humans seem to be split as to whether or not CLA can actually make a significant difference.

propho

Awards
  • Established
As for me.. it resulted in endless diarrhea.. I could literally smell it coming out..

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cortisol control was already mentioned. I would also take something for estrogen. Key is keeping it low but not destroying it completely.

SeniorXJ

Awards
Cortisol control was already mentioned. I would also take something for estrogen. Key is keeping it low but not destroying it completely.
I may use some Nov when i start the t-E/Eq but im going to run low doses so im not so sure it will be neccessary. Until then ill continue my diet (without CLA) as im already down 12lbs just from changing up what i eat, how much i eat & when.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Look at 1 cap erase per day with 3 caps reduce XT.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cortisol is def a solid option. Can also look into thyroidals, something like TT33 to increase your metabolic rate can do wonders in a non-stim way.

Mike

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Green Coffee Bean Extract, Raspberry Ketones , Cortisol Control (7-OH) like Reduce-XT, nice recomping agent like 95% Forskolin, Thyrocaps for T2 and TTA (in the form of TTA-500 from SNS)...that should be the best stim free (well really LOW stim) stack out there.

GCBE and TTA 500 some 30 mins pre-high carb meals. Raspberry Ketones pre high-fat meals...hm...Thyroidals split in 2 doses throughout the day and Forskolin I would say AM and PM...and the creme de la creme, Reduce-XT , 4 caps spread throughout the day.

he_hate_me

Awards
Green Coffee Bean Extract, Raspberry Ketones , Cortisol Control (7-OH) like Reduce-XT, nice recomping agent like 95% Forskolin, Thyrocaps for T2 and TTA (in the form of TTA-500 from SNS)...that should be the best stim free (well really LOW stim) stack out there.

GCBE and TTA 500 some 30 mins pre-high carb meals. Raspberry Ketones pre high-fat meals...hm...Thyroidals split in 2 doses throughout the day and Forskolin I would say AM and PM...and the creme de la creme, Reduce-XT , 4 caps spread throughout the day.
What's the rationale behind using Raspberry Ketones before high-fat meals?

kyleez038

Awards
I know i'm new on here but just to throw my two cents in... I'm currently taking erase pro and Lean Xtreme right now and have been for about three weeks and i've noticed myself leaning out. LeanXtreme is basically a cortisol blocker while erase pro lowers estrogen.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

This.

Except I would dose Reduce XT at 3 caps. I guess you could do 4, but pretty sure that would make most peoples joints pretty dry, at least it does for me.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Erase Pro, Versa 1, Anabeta Elite, Compound 20 are all great for a cut. but really, its diet dependent. ive use those products on a bulk and loved it. even more on a cut.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Notably missing from everyone's fat burner list seems to be SS forskolin. Human data trumps most of these other ingredients!

If you read the full text of the first study I posted, the loss of actual fat mass was 900% greater in forskolin-treated men relative to controls. The rate of weight loss in a 12-week period is a hair below the clinically observed weight loss that ECA during a 12-week period would elicit.

Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men.

Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR.
Source

University of Kansas, Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA. [email protected]

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men.
RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURE:

Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks.
RESULTS:

Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group.

DISCUSSION:

Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.

Effects of coleus forskohlii supplementation on body composition and hematological profiles in mildly overweight women.

Henderson S, Magu B, Rasmussen C, Lancaster S, Kerksick C, Smith P, Melton C, Cowan P, Greenwood M, Earnest C, Almada A, Milnor P, Magrans T,Bowden R, Ounpraseuth S, Thomas A, Kreider RB.
Source

Exercise & Sport Nutrition Laboratory, Baylor University, Waco, TX.

Abstract

PURPOSE:

This study investigated the effects of Coleus Forskohlii (CF) on body composition, and determined the safety and efficacy of supplementation.
METHODS:

In a double blind and randomized manner, 23 females supplemented their diet with ForsLeantrade mark (250 mg of 10% CF extract, (n = 7) or a placebo [P] (n = 12) two times per day for 12-wks. Body composition (DEXA), body weight, and psychometric instruments were obtained at 0, 4, 8 & 12 weeks of supplementation. Fasting blood samples and dietary records (4-d) were obtained at 0 and 12-wks. Side effects were recorded on a weekly basis. Data were analyzed by repeated measures ANOVA and are presented as mean changes from baseline for the CF and placebo groups, respectively.
RESULTS:

No significant differences were observed in caloric or macronutrient intake. CF tended to mitigate gains in body mass (-0.7 +/- 1.8, 1.0 +/- 2.5 kg, p = 0.10) and scanned mass (-0.2 +/- 1.3, 1.7 +/- 2.9 kg, p = 0.08) with no significant differences in fat mass (-0.2 +/- 0.7, 1.1 +/- 2.3 kg, p = 0.16), fat free mass (-0.1 +/- 1.3, 0.6 +/- 1.2 kg, p = 0.21), or body fat (-0.2 +/- 1.0, 0.4 +/- 1.4%, p = 0.40). Subjects in the CF group tended to report less fatigue (p = 0.07), hunger (p = 0.02), and fullness (p = 0.04). No clinically significant interactions were seen in metabolic markers, blood lipids, muscle and liver enzymes, electrolytes, red cells, white cells, hormones (insulin, TSH, T3, and T4), heart rate, blood pressure, or weekly reports of side effects.
CONCLUSION:

Results suggest that CF does not appear to promote weight loss but may help mitigate weight gain in overweight females with apparently no clinically significant side effects.

Clinical efficacy of Coleus forskohlii (Willd.) Briq. (Makandi) in hypertension of geriatric population.

Jagtap M, Chandola HM, Ravishankar B.
Source

Lecturer, Department of Kayachikitsa, College of Ayurveda, Nigdi, Pune, Maharashtra, India.

Abstract

Hypertension is the most common psychosomatic disorder affecting 972 million people worldwide. The present clinical study deals with the effect of Makandi (Coleus forskohlii (Willd.) Briq.) Ghana vati and tablets of its powder in hypertension found in the geriatric age group (50-80 years). A total of 49 hypertensive patients fulfilling the diagnostic criteria were registered in two groups-Group I (Ghana vati) and Group II (Churna tablet). Out of 27 enrolled patients of group I, 21 patients completed the treatment. In Group II, out of 22 registered patients, a total of 20 patients completed the treatment. The effect of the therapy was assessed on the basis of changes in the systolic and diastolic blood pressures, in both sitting and supine positions; with Manasa Bhava Pariksha, Manasa Vibhrama Pariksha, symptomatology, geriatric signs and symptoms, and a brief psychiatric rating scale. Analysis of the results showed that the treatment in both the groups had been found to be good. It can be stated that Makandi, either in Ghana vati form or in churna tablet form, is an effective remedy for the treatment of hypertension. On analyzing the overall effect, 76.19% patients in Group I and 75.00% patients in Group II were mildly improved. Comparatively the overall treatment with group I was found to be better.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Notably missing from everyone's fat burner list seems to be SS forskolin. Human data trumps most of these other ingredients!

If you read the full text of the first study I posted, the loss of actual fat mass was 900% greater in forskolin-treated men relative to controls. The rate of weight loss in a 12-week period is a hair below the clinically observed weight loss that ECA during a 12-week period would elicit.

Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men.

Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR.
Source

University of Kansas, Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA. [email protected]

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men.
RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURE:

Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks.
RESULTS:

Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group.

DISCUSSION:

Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.

Effects of coleus forskohlii supplementation on body composition and hematological profiles in mildly overweight women.

Henderson S, Magu B, Rasmussen C, Lancaster S, Kerksick C, Smith P, Melton C, Cowan P, Greenwood M, Earnest C, Almada A, Milnor P, Magrans T,Bowden R, Ounpraseuth S, Thomas A, Kreider RB.
Source

Exercise & Sport Nutrition Laboratory, Baylor University, Waco, TX.

Abstract

PURPOSE:

This study investigated the effects of Coleus Forskohlii (CF) on body composition, and determined the safety and efficacy of supplementation.
METHODS:

In a double blind and randomized manner, 23 females supplemented their diet with ForsLeantrade mark (250 mg of 10% CF extract, (n = 7) or a placebo [P] (n = 12) two times per day for 12-wks. Body composition (DEXA), body weight, and psychometric instruments were obtained at 0, 4, 8 & 12 weeks of supplementation. Fasting blood samples and dietary records (4-d) were obtained at 0 and 12-wks. Side effects were recorded on a weekly basis. Data were analyzed by repeated measures ANOVA and are presented as mean changes from baseline for the CF and placebo groups, respectively.
RESULTS:

No significant differences were observed in caloric or macronutrient intake. CF tended to mitigate gains in body mass (-0.7 +/- 1.8, 1.0 +/- 2.5 kg, p = 0.10) and scanned mass (-0.2 +/- 1.3, 1.7 +/- 2.9 kg, p = 0.08) with no significant differences in fat mass (-0.2 +/- 0.7, 1.1 +/- 2.3 kg, p = 0.16), fat free mass (-0.1 +/- 1.3, 0.6 +/- 1.2 kg, p = 0.21), or body fat (-0.2 +/- 1.0, 0.4 +/- 1.4%, p = 0.40). Subjects in the CF group tended to report less fatigue (p = 0.07), hunger (p = 0.02), and fullness (p = 0.04). No clinically significant interactions were seen in metabolic markers, blood lipids, muscle and liver enzymes, electrolytes, red cells, white cells, hormones (insulin, TSH, T3, and T4), heart rate, blood pressure, or weekly reports of side effects.
CONCLUSION:

Results suggest that CF does not appear to promote weight loss but may help mitigate weight gain in overweight females with apparently no clinically significant side effects.

Clinical efficacy of Coleus forskohlii (Willd.) Briq. (Makandi) in hypertension of geriatric population.

Jagtap M, Chandola HM, Ravishankar B.
Source

Lecturer, Department of Kayachikitsa, College of Ayurveda, Nigdi, Pune, Maharashtra, India.

Abstract

Hypertension is the most common psychosomatic disorder affecting 972 million people worldwide. The present clinical study deals with the effect of Makandi (Coleus forskohlii (Willd.) Briq.) Ghana vati and tablets of its powder in hypertension found in the geriatric age group (50-80 years). A total of 49 hypertensive patients fulfilling the diagnostic criteria were registered in two groups-Group I (Ghana vati) and Group II (Churna tablet). Out of 27 enrolled patients of group I, 21 patients completed the treatment. In Group II, out of 22 registered patients, a total of 20 patients completed the treatment. The effect of the therapy was assessed on the basis of changes in the systolic and diastolic blood pressures, in both sitting and supine positions; with Manasa Bhava Pariksha, Manasa Vibhrama Pariksha, symptomatology, geriatric signs and symptoms, and a brief psychiatric rating scale. Analysis of the results showed that the treatment in both the groups had been found to be good. It can be stated that Makandi, either in Ghana vati form or in churna tablet form, is an effective remedy for the treatment of hypertension. On analyzing the overall effect, 76.19% patients in Group I and 75.00% patients in Group II were mildly improved. Comparatively the overall treatment with group I was found to be better.
Check my 1st post bro ;)