Have GDA s a place on a low carb diet?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Younglifter16 View Post
    my question is this. If one of the MOA's is to stop carb uptake (i.e. Gymnemic acid), why would that be useful on a low carb diet or dieting, where every carb matters for performance, fullness, etc? I can see why for a cheatmeal it could be some kind of damage control, but for dieting?

    This is actually one of my issues with GCBE which does something similar to fats from what I understand.
    It doesnt "stop carb uptake" it encourages Muscle uptake of carbs not Fat uptake of carbs to put it simple
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Younglifter16 View Post
    my question is this. If one of the MOA's is to stop carb uptake (i.e. Gymnemic acid), why would that be useful on a low carb diet or dieting, where every carb matters for performance, fullness, etc? I can see why for a cheatmeal it could be some kind of damage control, but for dieting? This is actually one of my issues with GCBE which does something similar to fats from what I understand.
    Nope, GCBE does it mostly with carbs
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    It doesnt "stop carb uptake" it encourages Muscle uptake of carbs not Fat uptake of carbs to put it simple
    well in theory on a calorie defecit that would hopefully be the goal, and thats one moa, but not the one i'm referring to.

    however, link seems to indiciate that Gymnema sylvestre, a common ingredient in GDA's, stops glucose absorption in the small intestines.

    lol i cant post links yet, but check Gymnema sylvestre: A Memoir on NCBI

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Nope, GCBE does it mostly with carbs


    explain this phaggotry to me coop. "Inhibitory effect of green coffee bean extract on fat accumulation and body weight gain in mice" on biomedcentral (cant post links)

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Younglifter16 View Post
    well in theory on a calorie defecit that would hopefully be the goal, and thats one moa, but not the one i'm referring to.

    however, link seems to indiciate that Gymnema sylvestre, a common ingredient in GDA's, stops glucose absorption in the small intestines.

    lol i cant post links yet, but check Gymnema sylvestre: A Memoir on NCBI



    explain this phaggotry to me coop. "Inhibitory effect of green coffee bean extract on fat accumulation and body weight gain in mice" on biomedcentral (cant post links)
    "it can aid the body by passing through sugars and making carbs available for burning, rather than turning these into fat stores. In this way it helps to build lean muscle mass."
    ...i was thinking of something else. Apologies.

    sounds like crap to me...and considering i found it like $4 online dont expect much. And that "scientific" literature not enticing.
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.

  5. So the question is why waste your time why dont you just eat healthy carbs in moderation combined with protein.
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Younglifter16 View Post
    well in theory on a calorie defecit that would hopefully be the goal, and thats one moa, but not the one i'm referring to.

    however, link seems to indiciate that Gymnema sylvestre, a common ingredient in GDA's, stops glucose absorption in the small intestines.

    lol i cant post links yet, but check Gymnema sylvestre: A Memoir on NCBI



    explain this phaggotry to me coop. "Inhibitory effect of green coffee bean extract on fat accumulation and body weight gain in mice" on biomedcentral (cant post links)
    All it's saying is that GCB has a tissue-specific lipolytic effect. Its main mechanism of action, as demonstrated by human trials, is inhibition of the digestion of carbohydrates

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    All it's saying is that GCB has a tissue-specific lipolytic effect. Its main mechanism of action, as demonstrated by human trials, is inhibition of the digestion of carbohydrates
    Coop, I look at Recompadrol and see myself passed out on the floor in a diabetic coma. This product looks like it's the most effective product at lowering blood glucose levels. And the feedback is phenominal!

    But are all of those ingredients overkill? 10mg of Vanadyl Sulfate alone keeps my blood sugar very low.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post

    Coop, I look at Recompadrol and see myself passed out on the floor in a diabetic coma. This product looks like it's the most effective product at lowering blood glucose levels. And the feedback is phenominal!

    But are all of those ingredients overkill? 10mg of Vanadyl Sulfate alone keeps my blood sugar very low.
    I've taken 1 cap before a pro/fat meal and don't suffer any harsh low blood sugar issues.

    For those bashing the GDA, glucose uptake issue. When you slow/stop glucose uptake this affects fat cells as well. It stops a huge release of insulin (who's target users are somewhat insulin resistant)

    Carbs are not THE source of fuel, they're A source of fuel. Other people use GDA's on low carb diets to make sure FAT is continued to be used for fuel.

    That's a rather elementary explanation, but easy for everyone to understand.

    GDA's do have a purpose, some just do not need them as much as others, IMO
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I've taken 1 cap before a pro/fat meal and don't suffer any harsh low blood sugar issues.

    For those bashing the GDA, glucose uptake issue. When you slow/stop glucose uptake this affects fat cells as well. It stops a huge release of insulin (who's target users are somewhat insulin resistant)

    Carbs are not THE source of fuel, they're A source of fuel. Other people use GDA's on low carb diets to make sure FAT is continued to be used for fuel.

    That's a rather elementary explanation, but easy for everyone to understand.

    GDA's do have a purpose, some just do not need them as much as others, IMO
    I have found this to be true while using AP pre-workout during FTP. I have better energy and endurance in the gym.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  10. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    All it's saying is that GCB has a tissue-specific lipolytic effect. Its main mechanism of action, as demonstrated by human trials, is inhibition of the digestion of carbohydrates
    Could the undigested carbs lead to digestive issues? How does this mechanism work when the body has to get rid of undigested carbs when taking GDAs?

    I've read that with fat blockers, eating a lot of fat and taking the fat blockers could lead to digestive issues, fatty stools and a whole host of digestive health side effects, so I wanted to know how it works with regards to carb blockers. Thanks.

    Also, wouldn't it make more sense to take GDAs in a fasted state (for example first thing in the morning, pre-cardio) when on a low carb diet so as to allow for the body to use all of the (small) amount of carbs without any inhibitions in absorption when eating (mealtime)?

  11. just want to see if anyone would comment on this. Ive read that combining fats with carbs results in fat being shuttled into tissue due to the insulin spike , so i assume taking a GDA with a high carb meal , youd want to make sure that its purely carbs and protein .The food combination apparently is protein with fats, or carbs and protein .
    Any views on this please.
    As far as GDA s go , currently taking cinnamon PF with something like oats, R-ALA post wo shake and chromium with a meal about 90 min after the shake.
    Thanks
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Kim Jong Il's Pmag cycle log on a low carb diet
    By ax1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 07:26 PM
  2. Pros & Cons of using ECY while on a low carb diet...
    By DaSlixter in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 11:43 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 07:24 PM
  4. Do all low-carb diets rely on ketosis for results?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 08:04 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 07:56 AM
Log in
Log in