Have GDA s a place on a low carb diet?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Just curious if this would be a waste of cash taking a GDA whilest carbs are low.

In terms of figures , as an example say 50 gms at breakfast (oats) , 25 prior to workout and 25 post followed by carbs in a evening meal , perhaps a sweet potatoe of 50 gms -total 150

Thanks

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Just curious if this would be a waste of cash taking a GDA whilest carbs are low.

In terms of figures , as an example say 50 gms at breakfast (oats) , 25 prior to workout and 25 post followed by carbs in a evening meal , perhaps a sweet potatoe of 50 gms -total 150

Thanks
IMO opinion, for me especially, a GDA is a must no matter if I'm bulking recomping or prepping for a show (which I am now).

I highly recommend Anabolic Pump. I've used slinshot as well but have recently found that slinshot pill is good for only about 30-35 carbs where AP is good for up to 70g carbs thus making it cheaper in the end :) It is also active for 4 hours. Ive tried recompadrol but experienced pretty bad GI issues when dosed around carbs. Whether cutting or bulking I believe a good GDA is a must.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Well, let's ask this...what is your training schedule and meal timing? Where do carbs fit in to those meals? Bean5er put together a solid recommendation but, I ask these questions to see if we can further utilize the potential of Anabolic Pump. Say for instance you are waking and doing fasted cardio and or training in a fasted state. This would be another good time to utilize Anabolic Pump supplementation. Supplementing with Anabolic Pump before training in a fasted state (in short) will help with maximizing fat oxidation.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Well, let's ask this...what is your training schedule and meal timing? Where do carbs fit in to those meals? Bean5er put together a solid recommendation but, I ask these questions to see if we can further utilize the potential of Anabolic Pump. Say for instance you are waking and doing fasted cardio and or training in a fasted state. This would be another good time to utilize Anabolic Pump supplementation. Supplementing with Anabolic Pump before training in a fasted state (in short) will help with maximizing fat oxidation.
Very good point one I overlooked as I never utilize any FTP, but I do plan on experimenting with this after my prep. Thank you JRob for pointing this out. I know breezy utilizes this method for his fasted training.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very good point one I overlooked as I never utilize any FTP, but I do plan on experimenting with this after my prep. Thank you JRob for pointing this out. I know breezy utilizes this method for his fasted training.
That I do. It's been a nice help with my current recomp. I look forward to hearing what you think bud.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
IMO opinion, for me especially, a GDA is a must no matter if I'm bulking recomping or prepping for a show (which I am now).

I highly recommend Anabolic Pump. I've used slinshot as well but have recently found that slinshot pill is good for only about 30-35 carbs where AP is good for up to 70g carbs thus making it cheaper in the end :) It is also active for 4 hours. Ive tried recompadrol but experienced pretty bad GI issues when dosed around carbs. Whether cutting or bulking I believe a good GDA is a must.
I agree, AP by USP was great. I haven't tried the other mentioned products.

I used AP on >100g carbs and had a good experience.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
And to answer op's original question I'm carb cycling and my low days are around 100g and high days are around 300g of carbs

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
what effects are you guys having? i have about 200g carbs per meal...how much would this help

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the only time I employed the use of AP fasted was for my morning cardio when I'm a little deeper into prep. I haven't used it for a full blown training session as I always like to have carbs etc timed around that period. Some that have used it though had amazing results I've seen over at the USPlabs forum. I'm sure breezy could have some good things to say about it as well. Have a show coming up I assume? When's the date?

jjobe6

jjobe6

Awards
  • Established
Is the benefit to FTP specific to AP or will any gda work?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope, not at all IMO. I've used r-ala and anabolic pump both on low carbs and truly enjoyed it.

Mike

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is the benefit to FTP specific to AP or will any gda work?
Not sure but I have tried FTP using bulk berberine and banaba caps and it was no where near as effective as following FTP with anabolic pump

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Now you guys have me really interested in tying this protocol :).

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
anyone here tried slinsane? how does it compare to others you have used?

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Thanks
Very useful, even at that CHO count, which isn't all that low, IMO (I've dieted down taking in no more than 30g/day before).

Considering your totals and timing, you could use one prior to breakfast or dinner, and pre-workout.

anyone here tried slinsane? how does it compare to others you have used?
Shoot an email to armando[@]genomyx.com and just request a SS sample... tell him I sent you over from AM. The new version is perfect for glucose modulation and general health, including cardio-protection, attenuating exercise-induced fatigue, and improving endurance, among others.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Very useful, even at that CHO count, which isn't all that low, IMO (I've dieted down taking in no more than 30g/day before).

Considering your totals and timing, you could use one prior to breakfast or dinner, and pre-workout.

Shoot an email to armando[@]genomyx.com and just request a SS sample... tell him I sent you over from AM. The new version is perfect for glucose modulation and general health, including cardio-protection, attenuating exercise-induced fatigue, and improving endurance, among others.
awesome! thanks man just sent an email.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Cool, dude... I let him know you'd be contacting him.

Let me know if you have any questions about using it, and/or if you love it/hate it. :D
will do man.thanks again!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Don't bother. Just buy the full product. Along with recompadrol, SSv2 is the best GDA out there
But Glycophase is just around the corner CyBro! ;) for all we know it can be a great contender!!

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Don't bother. Just buy the full product. Along with recompadrol, SSv2 is the best GDA out there
Thanks.
Ssv2 is a great gda
Low carb or high carb diet I find it to be a staple

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For all I know, it is a great contender, and would actually stack great with either Recompadrol or SSv2
hmm, thats interesting!! Will be trying this!

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
For all I know, it is a great contender, and would actually stack great with either Recompadrol or SSv2
Interesting lack of mention of Slintensity Cy Brother?

Any reason?

I have 2 bottles of each handy anyway :hahahahahaha:

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know this is a supplement oriented Forum/Community but are GDA's worthless?
I ask just because being around some Other more Darker Communities apparently they are worthless.

I know here supplements rule the earth and increase hgh and testosterone, and control and manipulate insulin but looking around other Forums but are we wrong? Are all these Studies on Herbs increasing test and GH is all a bunch of bologna.

Maybe the only real effects are from medications and proven real world things AAS, Insulin, and HGH? IDK

IDK im shattered cus i used to be a Supplement Guy myself but now i question all those dollars washed away.

Younglifter16

Awards
my question is this. If one of the MOA's is to stop carb uptake (i.e. Gymnemic acid), why would that be useful on a low carb diet or dieting, where every carb matters for performance, fullness, etc? I can see why for a cheatmeal it could be some kind of damage control, but for dieting?

This is actually one of my issues with GCBE which does something similar to fats from what I understand.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my question is this. If one of the MOA's is to stop carb uptake (i.e. Gymnemic acid), why would that be useful on a low carb diet or dieting, where every carb matters for performance, fullness, etc? I can see why for a cheatmeal it could be some kind of damage control, but for dieting?

This is actually one of my issues with GCBE which does something similar to fats from what I understand.
It doesnt "stop carb uptake" it encourages Muscle uptake of carbs not Fat uptake of carbs to put it simple

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
my question is this. If one of the MOA's is to stop carb uptake (i.e. Gymnemic acid), why would that be useful on a low carb diet or dieting, where every carb matters for performance, fullness, etc? I can see why for a cheatmeal it could be some kind of damage control, but for dieting? This is actually one of my issues with GCBE which does something similar to fats from what I understand.
Nope, GCBE does it mostly with carbs :D

Younglifter16

Awards
It doesnt "stop carb uptake" it encourages Muscle uptake of carbs not Fat uptake of carbs to put it simple
well in theory on a calorie defecit that would hopefully be the goal, and thats one moa, but not the one i'm referring to.

however, link seems to indiciate that Gymnema sylvestre, a common ingredient in GDA's, stops glucose absorption in the small intestines.

lol i cant post links yet, but check Gymnema sylvestre: A Memoir on NCBI

Nope, GCBE does it mostly with carbs
explain this phaggotry to me coop. "Inhibitory effect of green coffee bean extract on fat accumulation and body weight gain in mice" on biomedcentral (cant post links)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well in theory on a calorie defecit that would hopefully be the goal, and thats one moa, but not the one i'm referring to.

however, link seems to indiciate that Gymnema sylvestre, a common ingredient in GDA's, stops glucose absorption in the small intestines.

explain this phaggotry to me coop. "Inhibitory effect of green coffee bean extract on fat accumulation and body weight gain in mice" on biomedcentral (cant post links)
"it can aid the body by passing through sugars and making carbs available for burning, rather than turning these into fat stores. In this way it helps to build lean muscle mass."
...i was thinking of something else. Apologies.

sounds like crap to me...and considering i found it like $4 online dont expect much. And that "scientific" literature not enticing.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So the question is why waste your time why dont you just eat healthy carbs in moderation combined with protein.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

All it's saying is that GCB has a tissue-specific lipolytic effect. Its main mechanism of action, as demonstrated by human trials, is inhibition of the digestion of carbohydrates

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
All it's saying is that GCB has a tissue-specific lipolytic effect. Its main mechanism of action, as demonstrated by human trials, is inhibition of the digestion of carbohydrates
Coop, I look at Recompadrol and see myself passed out on the floor in a diabetic coma. This product looks like it's the most effective product at lowering blood glucose levels. And the feedback is phenominal!

But are all of those ingredients overkill? 10mg of Vanadyl Sulfate alone keeps my blood sugar very low.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coop, I look at Recompadrol and see myself passed out on the floor in a diabetic coma. This product looks like it's the most effective product at lowering blood glucose levels. And the feedback is phenominal!

But are all of those ingredients overkill? 10mg of Vanadyl Sulfate alone keeps my blood sugar very low.
I've taken 1 cap before a pro/fat meal and don't suffer any harsh low blood sugar issues.

For those bashing the GDA, glucose uptake issue. When you slow/stop glucose uptake this affects fat cells as well. It stops a huge release of insulin (who's target users are somewhat insulin resistant)

Carbs are not THE source of fuel, they're A source of fuel. Other people use GDA's on low carb diets to make sure FAT is continued to be used for fuel.

That's a rather elementary explanation, but easy for everyone to understand.

GDA's do have a purpose, some just do not need them as much as others, IMO

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I've taken 1 cap before a pro/fat meal and don't suffer any harsh low blood sugar issues.

For those bashing the GDA, glucose uptake issue. When you slow/stop glucose uptake this affects fat cells as well. It stops a huge release of insulin (who's target users are somewhat insulin resistant)

Carbs are not THE source of fuel, they're A source of fuel. Other people use GDA's on low carb diets to make sure FAT is continued to be used for fuel.

That's a rather elementary explanation, but easy for everyone to understand.

GDA's do have a purpose, some just do not need them as much as others, IMO
I have found this to be true while using AP pre-workout during FTP. I have better energy and endurance in the gym.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Could the undigested carbs lead to digestive issues? How does this mechanism work when the body has to get rid of undigested carbs when taking GDAs?

I've read that with fat blockers, eating a lot of fat and taking the fat blockers could lead to digestive issues, fatty stools and a whole host of digestive health side effects, so I wanted to know how it works with regards to carb blockers. Thanks.

Also, wouldn't it make more sense to take GDAs in a fasted state (for example first thing in the morning, pre-cardio) when on a low carb diet so as to allow for the body to use all of the (small) amount of carbs without any inhibitions in absorption when eating (mealtime)?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
just want to see if anyone would comment on this. Ive read that combining fats with carbs results in fat being shuttled into tissue due to the insulin spike , so i assume taking a GDA with a high carb meal , youd want to make sure that its purely carbs and protein .The food combination apparently is protein with fats, or carbs and protein .
Any views on this please.
As far as GDA s go , currently taking cinnamon PF with something like oats, R-ALA post wo shake and chromium with a meal about 90 min after the shake.
Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21
Supplements 16
AdelV Supplements 8
Supplements 23