Preworkout supplement question.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The net has been telling me a million different things when it comes to Preworkout supplementation/nutrition. I have always enjoyed having a small protein shake Preworkout (30 mins pre) breakdown is 20 p 20 c 3 f. I have read in several places this would interfere with the effectiveness of my Preworkout supplement, and in other places that the Preworkout shake is an important inclusion. what benefits of my Preworkout supplement will be effected by being taken alongside my shake? currently using Cellucor C4 and have 3 tubs of Enhanced on route to replace it.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Why not space it out...you pre workout 30-60 prior to you WO...and sip on your protein drink during and after your workout.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you take your pwo for? Energy, focus, pumps, all of the above? Either way I can't see it effecting any of those negatively. Just follow the instructions on the pwo as far as how long before workout to take it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Could someone explain what the interference is to humor me? I kind of just want to understand this better to motivate me to change my routine

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Could someone explain what the interference is to humor me? I kind of just want to understand this better to motivate me to change my routine
Absorption interference...too much at one time of different things can effect absorption

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes food for example will lessen the "bang" from your pre-workout or even cause stomach discomfort depending on the formula. So I'd advise at least 2 hours after eating before taking your pre-workout if you wanna maximize it's effect. I give myself 3 hours if my meal contained a lot of meat for example, which takes longer to digest.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Having any form of food will not reduce the net absorption of the ingredients in your preworkout shake, but the caffeine/stims will not hit you as hard. If you are fine with that, keep doing what you're doing! The actives will still be absorbed just fine

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I refuse to ever let my stomach be empty.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Perfect that's what I needed to hear Cooper, I always noticed all of the effects of C4 hitting me still when mixed I just had to step it up to 2 scoops which is fine by me. Can't wait to get my Enhanced in and give this a go

batista74

batista74

Awards
Perfect that's what I needed to hear Cooper, I always noticed all of the effects of C4 hitting me still when mixed I just had to step it up to 2 scoops which is fine by me. Can't wait to get my Enhanced in and give this a go
Bjk