How many people cycle their supplements?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Everything

Agmatine, BCAA's, test boosters etc

Do you guys just have 2 weeks off here and there?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everything doesn't really help us help you. No one is gonna go thru every supp and say what you need to cycle and what you dont. What are the supps you are even taking?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Oh I meant in a general sense!

Like does everyone just cycle all their supps as a general rule of thumb? Give your body a break etc

Agmatine
Creatine
Cirtulline malate
Beta analine
Test boosters (triazole & endo)

Green tea, cissus, fish oil and BCAA'S
Might chuck in a shake but hardly ever

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For many of your staples no need to cycle. But some people to. Personal preference.

For test boosters, natural anabolics, aromatase inhibitors, hormonal supplements, ect... depends on product but many you can take for 8-12 weeks then cycle off for 4 weeks.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Oh ok so need to cycle staples.

Yeah that's what I have to get better at. Cycling test boosters. Even libido boosters?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh ok so need to cycle staples.

Yeah that's what I have to get better at. Cycling test boosters. Even libido boosters?
Yes even libido boosters.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
I cycle my preworkouts every couple months.i take about a 2 week break just to take a break from stims,so at that point I usually don't take creatine.also test boosters as I saw stated in here do need to be cycled,libido boosters,ai products as well.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cycle my preworkouts every couple months.i take about a 2 week break just to take a break from stims,so at that point I usually don't take creatine.also test boosters as I saw stated in here do need to be cycled,libido boosters,ai products as well.
Ya I cycle stimmed pre-workouts every once and a while and go to a non-stim. But probably every few months.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The past 12-14 months I've Learned to cycle all products and ingredients and really read labels and directions to ensure I was following guidelines.. It has helped my wallet, my body, progress, etc.. I adhere to all label advice and usually when I cycle off one product (ie a test booster/AI) I will replace it for four weeks with something to help keep my gains (a gh booster / natty anabolic that doesn't work hormonal level..) hope that helps.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
What about non stim pre workouts?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You should really cycle everything outside of creatine and maybe a probiotic. Yes, even multivitamins and fish oil (to prevent hypervitaminosis and omega 3 imbalances, respectively).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The past 12-14 months I've Learned to cycle all products and ingredients and really read labels and directions to ensure I was following guidelines.. It has helped my wallet, my body, progress, etc.. I adhere to all label advice and usually when I cycle off one product (ie a test booster/AI) I will replace it for four weeks with something to help keep my gains (a gh booster / natty anabolic that doesn't work hormonal level..) hope that helps.
My, how quickly they grow.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so 2-4 weeks off every 8 weeks everything is the normal protocol?

Oh I also take vitamin E every day

I am gonna miss the agmatine pumps! Haha ;)

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, so 2-4 weeks off every 8 weeks everything is the normal protocol?

Oh I also take vitamin E every day

I am gonna miss the agmatine pumps! Haha ;)
Just swap it out with something i.e., citrulline malate or nitrates :) easy peezy

- Valdez

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I refuse to cycle my hemavol and compete.. I just can't train the same without em and they taste to damn good.. but I do cycle just about everything else but protein! :p The longest I'll run test boosters is 8 weeks.. Mike

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Just swap it out with something i.e., citrulline malate or nitrates :) easy peezy

- Valdez
Good idea!

So 2 weeks for the staples?

Is it 4 weeks more for the test boosters? (Hormones)

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I refuse to cycle my hemavol and compete.. I just can't train the same without em and they taste to damn good.. but I do cycle just about everything else but protein! :p The longest I'll run test boosters is 8 weeks.. Mike
Haha this is the problem I have

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
And plus I only go to the gym four times a week. Every other day I don't take citrlline, agmatine, creatine or beta analine or even BCAA's.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I sure do cycle them... whenever I run out of money it becomes hard for me to buy them so I end up taking a forced 1 month break every now and then. hahah

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not all supplements need to be cycled.

As CriticalBench already mentioned, no one ever needs to cycle off of Hemavol or Compete...so you get to enjoy the intense effects 24/7/365!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should really cycle everything outside of creatine and maybe a probiotic. Yes, even multivitamins and fish oil (to prevent hypervitaminosis and omega 3 imbalances, respectively).
This. I cyle everything in one way or another throughout the year.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you elaborate on hypervit and omega 3 imbalances?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can you elaborate on hypervit and omega 3 imbalances?
Its along the same lines of dosing a specific ingredient too long, it can alter other levels. Too much of one omega can lower another omega (6,3).

Remember, the body tries to remain in complete homeostasis at all times. Any sort of exogenous ingredient for long durations can cause down regulation in the body.

Why risk it? Cycle...

- Valdez

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its along the same lines of dosing a specific ingredient too long, it can alter other levels. Too much of one omega can lower another omega (6,3).

Remember, the body tries to remain in complete homeostasis at all times. Any sort of exogenous ingredient for long durations can cause down regulation in the body.

Why risk it? Cycle...

- Valdez
Gotcha.. I cycle everything except those two mentioned! How long for fish oil n multi? A week or two every 12-14 weeks sufficient?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotcha.. I cycle everything except those two mentioned! How long for fish oil n multi? A week or two every 12-14 weeks sufficient?
Oh ched my buddy ;), lol! I personally can't give you a certain amount of time based on studies etc.. Personal recommendation 4 weeks off bud every 8-12. Don't OCD it, you worry too much :D

- Valdez

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh ched my buddy ;), lol! I personally can't give you a certain amount of time based on studies etc.. Personal recommendation 4 weeks off bud every 8-12. Don't OCD it, you worry too much :D

- Valdez
U know me too well :)

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Interesting stuff!

I am gonna cycle off everything completely for 3-4 weeks except vitamin E & green tea

There are supplements that need to be take for long period of times to have benefits though (long term benefits)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Not all supplements need to be cycled.

As CriticalBench already mentioned, no one ever needs to cycle off of Hemavol or Compete...so you get to enjoy the intense effects 24/7/365!
Chronic arginase inhibition via Norvaline is pretty good reason to cycle Hemavol. Vinpocetine in Compete should be cycled as well.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I've cycled everything apart from green tea and vitamin E and critulline malate for over 2 weeks

Is it ok to introduce creatine and agmatine or beta analine yet?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

I've cycled everything apart from green tea and vitamin E and critulline malate for over 2 weeks

Is it ok to introduce creatine and agmatine or beta analine yet?
One must never use beta ANALine, that just doesn't sound like a good idea ;)

And yes i'd say you're in the clear to add those.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
One must never use beta ANALine, that just doesn't sound like a good idea ;)

And yes i'd say you're in the clear to add those.
Haha Whoops

I still will wait another 2 weeks to add a test booster.

Ill have a break every few months off agmatine etc

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established

Why risk it? Cycle...

- Valdez
Yup. Even hyper/hypo caloric diets need to be cycled you cant be in one or the other all the time. So in some way you can say cycle your food.

It's important to keep a balance between omega 3 and 6's. The reason for all the talk on fish oil and omega 3's is because todays horribly manufactured foods may have a decent concentration of omega 6 but very little omega 3.

-OS-Team AppNut

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup. Even hyper/hypo caloric diets need to be cycled you cant be in one or the other all the time. So in some way you can say cycle your food.

It's important to keep a balance between omega 3 and 6's. The reason for all the talk on fish oil and omega 3's is because todays horribly manufactured foods may have a decent concentration of omega 6 but very little omega 3.

-OS-Team AppNut
Nice addition brotha

- Valdez

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I don't even take multi vitamins so I think I am ok with that.

Hardly any of it actually absorbs in your body but there are people out there that definitely don't cycle those kinds of things

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I don't even take multi vitamins so I think I am ok with that.

Hardly any of it actually absorbs in your body but there are people out there that definitely don't cycle those kinds of things
Weeeelll actually, thats not quite true. While the full dose of the vitamin may not enter the sytem, Multivitamins with high dosages (like Orange Triad for example) compensate for the lack of absorption by overcompensating the dosages of each vitamin. Your body has capacity to absorb enough of it for it to make a difference.

And if you pee changes colour after intake this can be attributed to your body absorbing a vitamin in excess rather than being indicitive of pee'ing out the whole lot which is a common misconception.

Typically I only supplement with D3 in winter and now with vitamin K2.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^ Great point. Considering iron has a 10% absorbance rate. Just because it's been consumed doesn't mean your taking all of it in. Of course, there's always instances where someone has difficulty with absorbance of a given micronutrient (like me and iron).

Obviously a proper diet will provide all the necessary vitamins and minerals in a more bioavailable form. Choosing certain foods can compensate for any lacking recommended dosages. Also how those foods are prepared will influence bioavailability and concentration. In addition, eating more high quality meats/veggies will impact these numbers as well. Often times a multivitamin is designed to make up for what people lack in their diet.

-OS-Team AppNut

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Great info!

I figure I get my vitamins from my diet so I don't anything "extra"

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weeeelll actually, thats not quite true. While the full dose of the vitamin may not enter the sytem, Multivitamins with high dosages (like Orange Triad for example) compensate for the lack of absorption by overcompensating the dosages of each vitamin. Your body has capacity to absorb enough of it for it to make a difference.

And if you pee changes colour after intake this can be attributed to your body absorbing a vitamin in excess rather than being indicitive of pee'ing out the whole lot which is a common misconception.

Typically I only supplement with D3 in winter and now with vitamin K2.
All great info! I do remember reading though that riboflavin is the reason for the neon yellow urine. I really need to start a file to keep things I read lol

- Valdez

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I am kinda cycling my pre workouts and all that every week so to speak

4 days:
Monday-Thursday: gym

3 days:
Friday-Sunday: no gym and no supps like creatine etc

blackjackcat

Awards
Learn something new every day, I had no idea some of this stuff had to be cycled. So my supplements of choice are Ubiquinol, Fish Oil, Multi(low dose one), Selenium, B complex, Vit E, Turmeric, Vit C, Vit D, Astaxanthin and Magnesium(and Zinc but not as often). I also use a preworkout 4 days a week(Craze) and supplement with protein when needed(i.e. time ect.) and BCAA's. So all this should be cycled(minus the protein of course)? I have been doing this for about 10 months with no break, maybe its time for one.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Great info!

I figure I get my vitamins from my diet so I don't anything "extra"
The only problem is that some vitamins have different forms (Vitamin D2-d3 etc.), then vitamin K which has many other forms so knowing if you have enough is more complicated than just guesswork. I'm not saying a multi-v is good, but def should use your food data to check what vitamins/ minerlals could be lacking;

meat and eggs hold small quantities of K2 (mk-4) which has shown to boost testosterone in rats and conversely lower test levels when deficient.
While it has no human studies that i'm aware of, anything with the potential to boost test is, well interesting to me.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
The only problem is that some vitamins have different forms (Vitamin D2-d3 etc.), then vitamin K which has many other forms so knowing if you have enough is more complicated than just guesswork. I'm not saying a multi-v is good, but def should use your food data to check what vitamins/ minerlals could be lacking;

meat and eggs hold small quantities of K2 (mk-4) which has shown to boost testosterone in rats and conversely lower test levels when deficient.
While it has no human studies that i'm aware of, anything with the potential to boost test is, well interesting to me.
I have never supplemented with vitamin D before

Interesting.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I have never supplemented with vitamin D before

Interesting.
Vitamin D is fast becoming one of the most researched vitamins (I even bought a book on it; a whole book!!!) as it has so many benefits. If supplementing i'd suggest D3

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established