How many people cycle their supplements?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I don't take vitamin D

Nah it's hot as haha
Makes sense. If you're someone with frequent sun exposure vitamin D3 may not be necessary. It's more important for those of us who spend our days working inside and don't get enough daily sunlight.

-OS-Team AppNut

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If you wear alot of sunblock (as I do living in NZ with a huge hole in the OZONE) then it can block Vitamin D absorption quite dramatically. So bear this in mind.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
If you wear alot of sunblock (as I do living in NZ with a huge hole in the OZONE) then it can block Vitamin D absorption quite dramatically. So bear this in mind.
True. I live in NYC where its <10 fareinheit as of late. Plus I sleep during the day. Vitamin D3 is a must. Ive been doing 3,000mg daily. What's your suggestion?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
True. I live in NYC where its <10 fareinheit as of late. Plus I sleep during the day. Vitamin D3 is a must. Ive been doing 3,000mg daily. What's your suggestion?
you mean ug ;)

If you want a comparison; australia just hit record high temps of around 109.4 fareinheit, we normally hit around 77 in summer but given the high risk of sunburn, sunblock is a must for me to avoid melanoma so even in the summer I supplement with around 1000ug (Vitamin d3 is expensive here + prescription required for supplements containing more than 25 micrograms); i managed to find some with 100ug so I just take 10.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
you mean ug ;)
you mean, IU ;)

he is in US not NZ

the amount you espouse would be = to 40000IU, no?

if i am not mistaken, that amount has peer-reviewed studies that show toxicity potential

boogyman

Awards
I use 5,000IU of D3 in the cold weather months. Some people may use 10,000IU or more for a short time if their levels have proven to be very low (according to their doctor), then 3,000IU to 5,000IU to maintain.

I also have read 40,000IU to be potentially toxic.

laifa

Awards
fitness

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." - Dale Carnegie

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
im in chas, sc. its sunny all year long ;)

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im in chas, sc. its sunny all year long ;)
I wanna visit for historical trip. I hope Ched is wrong and that it's never cloudy or rainy or night-time

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
you mean, IU ;)

he is in US not NZ

the amount you espouse would be = to 40000IU, no?

if i am not mistaken, that amount has peer-reviewed studies that show toxicity potential
LOL shiiieeeet. I meant IU. So it would be 1000IU lol. Most pills I have seen contain 100IU so I have to take 10.

Been looking for 25 microgram ones so I can dose just one per day but I cant seem to find any.

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
I live in PA and am working midnights so I dont see the sun as much as I would like. I have never supplemented with a vitamin D supp and this whole discussion has me thinking that maybe taking a vitamin D3 supplement would really be beneficial. Is 3-4,000IU's from a multi and D3 supplement in the fall/winter the norm? I did some Googling and there are many conflicting dosage discussions.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I live in PA and am working midnights so I dont see the sun as much as I would like. I have never supplemented with a vitamin D supp and this whole discussion has me thinking that maybe taking a vitamin D3 supplement would really be beneficial. Is 3-4,000IU's from a multi and D3 supplement in the fall/winter the norm? I did some Googling and there are many conflicting dosage discussions.
I get 1,000 from my multi (speculative about absorption) and then later (w dinner) I take 2000 or 3000 iu . I buy 1000iu gel caps = simple adjustment of dose

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
there is 'many conflicting everythings' on google, esp in a quick search on some things

the amounts you suggest are just fine

as cheda points out, the form/absorption from your multi are not necessarily equivalent to taking a specialized seperate quality D3, but you are on the right path here

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Without actual testing dosages can be hard to determine. I take 5,000 for most of the year and then take 2,000 during times when I usually get enough sun (summer or spring). I have been tested before though and had to take certain amounts until I got into adequate levels (this was a long time ago) and now I just go with that typical dosing that I feel works the best (which is slightly subjective).

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I love how this has turned into a vitamin D thread ;)

Great Info!

What brands do you guys use?

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
It's funny how threads go shooting off into another direction, good info anyhoo!

I just bought CVS's brand. It was bogo.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
After cycling for the first time off supplements I have noticed upon introducing a few of them back I notice them to be have a more pronounced effect

Body must have got used to them.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
shoot, i was just dropping in to call out jiigzz, before he killed somebody

:lol:
hey now, that was just the wrong units I posted but its better than 3,000mg that OS posted :lol:

No hate OS, :D

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
shoot, i was just dropping in to call out jiigzz, before he killed somebody

:lol:
hey now, that was just the wrong units I posted but its better than 3,000mg that OS posted :lol

So quick to hate on everyone you two :p

Move to AZ plenty of sunshine!!!

- Valdez

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

- Valdez
And in the summer... plenty of blazing hotness :D

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
hey now, that was just the wrong units I posted but its better than 3,000mg that OS posted :lol:

No doubt. it was deserved for using the wrong units. Nevertheless it was cleared up.

It's funny how threads go shooting off into another direction, good info anyhoo!

I just bought CVS's brand. It was bogo.
Still pertanent to the original subject. Yup - got mine at CVS.

- Valdez
I've been considering moving there.

-OS-Team AppNut

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
So, what are the real pros of taking a Vitamin D supplement I guess? Not quite sure on that part, the quantifiables and what I should be on the lookout for.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So, what are the real pros of taking a Vitamin D supplement I guess? Not quite sure on that part, the quantifiables and what I should be on the lookout for.
There are a lot of pros in supplementing with various forms of vitamin D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
iamdisappoint
c'mon man - you bought the book!
expound
There are links, although small that it may increase testosterone by a few points; in terms of overall bone health etc. however these things are not directly noticible (i.e. exert much of a physical response in the immediate sense) so its not as though one day you supplement and then the effects are pronounced.

You'd know though if you were deficient.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
was a trick question :p

ah i don't want to seem as if i am flaming..i actually thought you may have read something that would surprise me

truth is - vit d is not even considered an essential vitamin, as the human body can synthesize from sunlight (as has been mentioned) or even tanning beds with UV rays

in developed countries, vit d is added to many things (milk the obvious but foods as well), so furthers this stance

there is even conflicting data from such respected places like the IOM here in the states (institute of medicine), and researchers claim IOMs data was conflicted, on their (IOM) report of stating such conflictions..

:confused:

is quite interesting stuff..sure there is the theory of increasing testosterone production as well (d3 variation)

for my .02 - if you don't get it from foods or sunlight, you'd better be supplementing with it
(rickets are not an attractive thought)
i like d3 version personally, and anecdotal reports say that supplementing extra in the winter will help mood (seasonal depression etc) and also strengthen immune system

if you take a multi, eat decently, and drink milk (oh gawd milk, there is another topic eh?? :D) one would seem to have all their bases covered

if you take a multi at all (minus the above factors), and it has standard vit d - one can really not take a stance that you need to supplement additionally

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gorgeous man

No doubt. it was deserved for using the wrong units. Nevertheless it was cleared up.

Still pertanent to the original subject. Yup - got mine at CVS.

I've been considering moving there.

-OS-Team AppNut
No ****? What part? When? Don't move here during the summer. You'll want to be broken in easy lol

- Valdez

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Gorgeous man

No ****? What part? When? Don't move here during the summer. You'll want to be broken in easy lol

- Valdez
Yep; its what I wake up to in the winter whenever i'm down there.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I had job ops around Bullhead City and Pheonix. It was a thought - just kinda itchy to leave New York/New Jersey.

-OS-Team AppNut

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not only do I try and cycle almost everything, I also try to have at least a few weeks each year where I don't take ANY supplements. I don't know that you could say that is "needed," but it does make me feel a bit better about using supplements so many other days/weeks of the year.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Not only do I try and cycle almost everything, I also try to have at least a few weeks each year where I don't take ANY supplements. I don't know that you could say that is "needed," but it does make me feel a bit better about using supplements so many other days/weeks of the year.
i embrace this philosophy as well
something about satiating the mental side, when you go w/o supps for awhile..
feels like you are cleaning yourself out a bit
whether truly "needed" or not, is how i like to roll

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I'm cycling everything now.

Even gone off test boosters for 6 weeks because I haven't had a break for a while. Now cycling off caffeine for a week or so

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Cycling off caffeine which I have 5 times a week is bull**** hard!! :(

I don't know how everyone does it... Even tapering down

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
How many weeks do people cycle their caffeine consumption? I know people that don't at all

If so, is a week off enough?

I only have caffeine in my drink in the morning (amino energy) and that is it for the day. I don't have caffeine on the weekends

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How many weeks do people cycle their caffeine consumption? I know people that don't at all

If so, is a week off enough?

I only have caffeine in my drink in the morning (amino energy) and that is it for the day. I don't have caffeine on the weekends
F that. Caffeine is vital for me.. I think it's more Important to cycle legit stims like synephrine or dmaa or something harsher on the CNS.. Caffeine is just a part of life!

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
F that. Caffeine is vital for me.. I think it's more Important to cycle legit stims like synephrine or dmaa or something harsher on the CNS.. Caffeine is just a part of life!
Yeah It is part of my morning ritual. I don't have any stims in anything else (don't drink coffee, nor stim pre workouts) I've cut all that out it's just in the morning I like to have amino energy and maybe some noops for the whole day.

I can understand people cycling their Pre workouts but mine is without stims

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
It's my personal opinion that when cycling off stims still allows room for natural caffeine such from a couple cups of coffee. Now, that doesn't mean the whole pot but there's a plethora of benefits to that morning cup o' joe (granted it's not overly diluted with sugar and cream like 90% of starbucks customers).

No sugar, piping hot, maybe a slight hint of milk to smooth the edges. Done deal. I'm good.

-OS-Team AppNut

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
So amino energy would be fine. It's all natural caffeine

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ran out of my multi today and couldn't get to the store in time to get more!!! Now it's gonna start snowing and shti is gonna be shut down til like Sunday!!! I guess I'm taking a break from my multi lol . Not really happy about it

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I ran out of my multi today and couldn't get to the store in time to get more!!! Now it's gonna start snowing and shti is gonna be shut down til like Sunday!!! I guess I'm taking a break from my multi lol . Not really happy about it
Trolling?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't stress about that too much.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trolling?
Huh?

What? ....
I'm confused too lol...

So ched, I've been hearing things bro. I've been hearing things about multi vitamins. I hear that with a multi vitamin there are vitamins in them. You picking up what I'm laying down? I hear that multi vitamins are good for over all health.

There are things being said and I hear things when they're said. Especially, when its about multi vitamins.

;)

- Valdez