1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Favorite Protein Bar

Theres been a lot of."whats your favorite ____" type threas latley...I had a Supreme Protein Peanut Butter & Jelly Bar tonight and got me wondering whats everyones favorite. I use them maybe once or twice a week when I need a protein heavy snack to get me by...as of this moment PBJ is certainly at or near the top for me

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

There not worth it -_-
    $3 for a little protein your gonna show down in 4 bites? not worth it if you ask me- maybe a litte negative attitude but its true.

Favorite one is the Supreme chocolate waffle one (the newest one they came out with)
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%

I agree for the most part that its expensive...but I think I paid $1.50...not horrible, does in a bind and better than havin to carry a shaker and powder btw which im not against, just isnt always most convenient
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Protein bars are convient I think. Especially if bulking. Who doesn't want to have a tasty candy bar treat and get a good amount of protein and carbs. Shoot sometimes I go 2 Supreme protein bars and 12oz of milk.

Not a waste of money at all.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quest
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%

Coop, ive yet to see em..granted I aint even goin in no *** for one lol..mainly grab them at walmart or grocery store right beside my gym
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by good2Badawg View Post
    Coop, ive yet to see em..granted I aint even goin in no *** for one lol..mainly grab them at walmart or grocery store right beside my gym
    You may want to consider making the change. It's like no other bar and here's why:

8. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

You may want to consider making the change. It's like no other bar and here's why:
    Dales raw protein bars are grear
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  9. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

Advertising?
    They do look good though bro

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.27%

Quest
    Quest cinnamon roll brings a tear to the eye. It's good. I've only tried cinnamon roll and CPB.. Peanut butter is my drug, anything that has it, I'm obligated to try. Lol
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%

Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Quest cinnamon roll brings a tear to the eye. It's good. I've only tried cinnamon roll and CPB.. Peanut butter is my drug, anything that has it, I'm obligated to try. Lol
    I've had all but the new banana nut. Mixed berry bliss, cinnamon roll, and strawberry cheesecake are at the top of my list. Oh, and PB&J and coconut cashew are damn good. Screw it I love them all.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.27%

I couldn't agree more. I'm always looking to get them but they aren't sold anywhere near me besides VS. but I'm moved on to the online purchasing due to it being cheaper in a lot of cases. That's the down side. But try to get them when I go in to get more protein if I didn't buy in advance.
  13. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%

Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I'm always looking to get them but they aren't sold anywhere near me besides VS. but I'm moved on to the online purchasing due to it being cheaper in a lot of cases. That's the down side. But try to get them when I go in to get more protein if I didn't buy in advance.
    I got mine at 20 bucks a box. That's almost $1.50 per bar, which acts like an MRP for me in many cases, so it's a solid deal too.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.49%

Supreme Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Waffle. I only pay $19 a box so like coop at $1.50 ish a bar they are worth it.

I like Quest too, but they are the same price but have 10 grams less protein, so I just get the Supreme.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%

Quote Originally Posted by actionhero View Post
    Supreme Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Waffle. I only pay $19 a box so like coop at $1.50 ish a bar they are worth it.

I like Quest too, but they are the same price but have 10 grams less protein, so I just get the Supreme.
    Not a bad deal at all. Ive not tried quest, but hard to beat the flavors and taste of Supreme.

I.did try a new Myoplex bar the other day, Ill have to look at the label next time im in the store..had good profile and really good tast as well..think it was roughly $1.50 as well
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I've had all but the new banana nut. Mixed berry bliss, cinnamon roll, and strawberry cheesecake are at the top of my list. Oh, and PB&J and coconut cashew are damn good. Screw it I love them all.
    Banana nut muffin is good too. It's a little doughier than the others. I can't believe you left out vanilla almond crunch! That, mixed berry bliss, and PB&J are my favorites.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.4%

Havent try the banana one yet but the chocolate brownie n strawberry cheesecake are my favorite two quest bars. There all pretty good tho
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.62%

quest is good, but you need to **** with it to make it go down easy, usually a few seconds in the microwave, or half the drive on my dashboard of my car softens them up nicely.

fortiFX are nice too, they have a real cookie bottom, which just crumbles in my mouth. they just need to expand and have more than 3 flavors.
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%

Quote Originally Posted by actionhero View Post

How is the waffle compared to the other flavors? The PB pretzel twist and pb&j are both incredible
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.55%

I've got to chime in on this.
    I think no other protein bar on the market compares to quest, for both nutritional profile and taste.
    And no, I am not a rep for quest or any other company just an informed consumer.

Peace
  21. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

The chocoalte waffle flavor is bomb. My top 3 are waffle, caramel, and pb&j.
    PES Representative
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.55%

Coop, you should try the peanut butter cup, and banana nut muffin, both are ridiculously good!

Peace
  23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    How often should one eat a protein bar? I'm looking online now at the nutrient value of the quest bars and I really like the profile but wonder would one a day be to much as part of your daily diet or are they better off as a in a quick rush meal because I can see how spending 20 bucks every 12 days can really add up. Also forgive me for not really being informed on what sugar alcohol is but will the 5g of it in the quest bars cause any unwanted health issues?
    Eat it when it's best for you and you don't have access to food. For example, rather than buying candy at the movie theater, bring a quest bar.

No health concerns
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%

How often should one eat a protein bar? I'm looking online now at the nutrient value of the quest bars and I really like the profile but wonder would one a day be to much as part of your daily diet or are they better off as a in a quick rush meal because I can see how spending 20 bucks every 12 days can really add up. Also forgive me for not really being informed on what sugar alcohol is but will the 5g of it in the quest bars cause any unwanted health issues?
    Im not a fan of sugar alcohols...5g isnt bad, but if you are sensitive to them they can certainly cause some bloating/stomach discomfort so my advice would be avoid them before workout thats bout it though..other than that its just a convenience or preference thing as far as when or how often to consume. Like I said in the opening of the thread, I have about 1 or 2 a week..rarely any more than that
  25. hsk
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.33%

+1 for Quest bars also. My favorite is Strawberry Cheescake, but I also like the rest of the natural line which includes Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Rolls, Lemon Cream Pie, and Coconut Cashew. For those who are watching your sodium intake, the Strawberry Cheesecake only has 105mg of sodium per bar which is one of the main reasons it is my favorite. As another poster mentioned, these are a bit on the hard and chewy side so whenever possible I try to warm them up in the microwave for approximately 15 seconds to soften them up a bit. I treat these more as a snack/mrp when healthier options may not be available or when I am short on time and don't have time to prepare a proper meal. If i know I'll be out all day, I'll usually throw 2-3 of these in my bag along with my shaker and a container with a few servings of protein powder. When I need to eat, I'll mix a shake with 25 grams of protein and then eat one of these bars. For something improvised and on the go, the overall macros aren't that bad. That being said, I would always prefer a real meal whenever possible.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%

Quote Originally Posted by hsk View Post
    +1 for Quest bars also. My favorite is Strawberry Cheescake, but I also like the rest of the natural line which includes Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Rolls, Lemon Cream Pie, and Coconut Cashew. For those who are watching your sodium intake, the Strawberry Cheesecake only has 105mg of sodium per bar which is one of the main reasons it is my favorite. As another poster mentioned, these are a bit on the hard and chewy side so whenever possible I try to warm them up in the microwave for approximately 15 seconds to soften them up a bit. I treat these more as a snack/mrp when healthier options may not be available or when I am short on time and don't have time to prepare a proper meal. If i know I'll be out all day, I'll usually throw 2-3 of these in my bag along with my shaker and a container with a few servings of protein powder. When I need to eat, I'll mix a shake with 25 grams of protein and then eat one of these bars. For something improvised and on the go, the overall macros aren't that bad. That being said, I would always prefer a real meal whenever possible.
    Absutely agree on the real meal and these as simlpy a snack, sort of go to in a hurry healtier option.

And, guess I just have to give the quest bars a try..way too many favorable ppinoons. In taste though, are they even remotely as good as Supreme or Oh Yeah?
  27. hsk
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.33%

Absutely agree on the real meal and these as simlpy a snack, sort of go to in a hurry healtier option.

And, guess I just have to give the quest bars a try..way too many favorable ppinoons. In taste though, are they even remotely as good as Supreme or Oh Yeah?
    With protein bars such as Supreme or Oh Yeah, I like to think of them as high protein candy bars and candy bars are meant to taste good. As for the Quest bars, considering the nutritional profile of the Quest bars, yes they taste good, but not candy bar good. One thing to keep in mind though is that taste is subjective. But IMO they are definitely worth trying. There is a site that sells the bars individually, so you could always order one of each flavor you would like to try and see for yourself without having to buy a whole box of one flavor.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%

Quote Originally Posted by hsk View Post

With protein bars such as Supreme or Oh Yeah, I like to think of them as high protein candy bars and candy bars are meant to taste good. As for the Quest bars, considering the nutritional profile of the Quest bars, yes they taste good, but not candy bar good. One thing to keep in mind though is that taste is subjective. But IMO they are definitely worth trying. There is a site that sells the bars individually, so you could always order one of each flavor you would like to try and see for yourself without having to buy a whole box of one flavor.
    Totally understood...but tasting like a 15-30g candy bar is whats so awesome about them lol
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.57%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Damn good macros on those!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  30. hsk
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.33%

Totally understood...but tasting like a 15-30g candy bar is whats so awesome about them lol
    Yes, I totally agree with you! LOL
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.74%

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Protein bars are convient I think. Especially if bulking. Who doesn't want to have a tasty candy bar treat and get a good amount of protein and carbs. Shoot sometimes I go 2 Supreme protein bars and 12oz of milk.

Not a waste of money at all.
    Not "especially" instead "only" if your bulking. 500 calories in 4 bites with 120 of them calories from protein. Protein bars are only good if your a hardgainer and like braggin about how much money you can spend, id rather spend 50 cents on a can of tuna
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.74%

Instead of protein bars spend $1 on 2 tuna cans and another dollar on a 3 muskateers bar. Thats still cheaper than any 30+ protein bar and probably less calories considering most of them have about 20 grams of fat an 40 grams of carbs which probably dont come from good sources.

Who can argue for a spending money on a protein bar i can counter argue that with a better alternative
  33. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rochabp
    Instead of protein bars spend $1 on 2 tuna cans and another dollar on a 3 muskateers bar. Thats still cheaper than any 30+ protein bar and probably less calories considering most of them have about 20 grams of fat an 40 grams of carbs which probably dont come from good sources.

Who can argue for a spending money on a protein bar i can counter argue that with a better alternative
    Personal preference

If I were to do tuna I'd toss in a bag or 3 of skittles or a payday lol
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  34. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post

Not everyone carries a can opener in their back pocket...well I don't at least.

So ill stick with the protein bars when out and in a hurry.
    PES Representative
  35. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Is that a can opener in your pocket or are you just happy to see me lol
    Hahaha good one Dirty Dan
    PES Representative
  36. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Haha I couldn't resist and merry Christmas brother
    Merry Christmas!!!
    PES Representative
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.47%

Quest Bars have to be the best bars on the market and when you nuke them for 10 seconds out of
    the wrapper they are even more tastier. The quality of the protein and the amount of fiber each bar has
    can't be beat.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%

Looked for these now famous Quest bars tonight as I was needing fuel fast...no luck yet. However, I have been enlightened and now am armed with this powerful new information that will be the defining factor in my bringing sexy back into the New Years...I wont be stopppped!! Im on a Quest...soo lame but couldnt help it
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.27%

I tried PB&J quest bar. Not bad! But if I wanted a PB&J I would make one. I usually try to curve my non existent sweet tooth with like the chocolate kind, or the cinnamon bun swirl!
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Parrillo protein bars are bar none the cleanest i have had. All of his products are very clean and taste great!!! I highly recommend the 50/50 plus organge cream.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 08:18 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 06:41 PM
  3. homemade protein bars
    By Sanosuke in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 02:34 AM
  4. High Protein Bars for Kids...
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7