Favorite Protein Bar

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
Theres been a lot of."whats your favorite ____" type threas latley...I had a Supreme Protein Peanut Butter & Jelly Bar tonight and got me wondering whats everyones favorite. I use them maybe once or twice a week when I need a protein heavy snack to get me by...as of this moment PBJ is certainly at or near the top for me

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There not worth it -_-
$3 for a little protein your gonna show down in 4 bites? not worth it if you ask me- maybe a litte negative attitude but its true.

Favorite one is the Supreme chocolate waffle one (the newest one they came out with)

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
I agree for the most part that its expensive...but I think I paid $1.50...not horrible, does in a bind and better than havin to carry a shaker and powder btw which im not against, just isnt always most convenient

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protein bars are convient I think. Especially if bulking. Who doesn't want to have a tasty candy bar treat and get a good amount of protein and carbs. Shoot sometimes I go 2 Supreme protein bars and 12oz of milk.

Not a waste of money at all.

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
Coop, ive yet to see em..granted I aint even goin in no *** for one lol..mainly grab them at walmart or grocery store right beside my gym

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop, ive yet to see em..granted I aint even goin in no *** for one lol..mainly grab them at walmart or grocery store right beside my gym
You may want to consider making the change. It's like no other bar and here's why:

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
You may want to consider making the change. It's like no other bar and here's why:
Advertising?
They do look good though bro

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Quest cinnamon roll brings a tear to the eye. It's good. I've only tried cinnamon roll and CPB.. Peanut butter is my drug, anything that has it, I'm obligated to try. Lol
I've had all but the new banana nut. Mixed berry bliss, cinnamon roll, and strawberry cheesecake are at the top of my list. Oh, and PB&J and coconut cashew are damn good. Screw it I love them all.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't agree more. I'm always looking to get them but they aren't sold anywhere near me besides VS. but I'm moved on to the online purchasing due to it being cheaper in a lot of cases. That's the down side. But try to get them when I go in to get more protein if I didn't buy in advance.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I couldn't agree more. I'm always looking to get them but they aren't sold anywhere near me besides VS. but I'm moved on to the online purchasing due to it being cheaper in a lot of cases. That's the down side. But try to get them when I go in to get more protein if I didn't buy in advance.
I got mine at 20 bucks a box. That's almost $1.50 per bar, which acts like an MRP for me in many cases, so it's a solid deal too.

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
Supreme Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Waffle. I only pay $19 a box so like coop at $1.50 ish a bar they are worth it.

I like Quest too, but they are the same price but have 10 grams less protein, so I just get the Supreme.

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
Supreme Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Waffle. I only pay $19 a box so like coop at $1.50 ish a bar they are worth it.

I like Quest too, but they are the same price but have 10 grams less protein, so I just get the Supreme.
Not a bad deal at all. Ive not tried quest, but hard to beat the flavors and taste of Supreme.

I.did try a new Myoplex bar the other day, Ill have to look at the label next time im in the store..had good profile and really good tast as well..think it was roughly $1.50 as well

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've had all but the new banana nut. Mixed berry bliss, cinnamon roll, and strawberry cheesecake are at the top of my list. Oh, and PB&J and coconut cashew are damn good. Screw it I love them all.
Banana nut muffin is good too. It's a little doughier than the others. I can't believe you left out vanilla almond crunch! That, mixed berry bliss, and PB&J are my favorites.

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
Havent try the banana one yet but the chocolate brownie n strawberry cheesecake are my favorite two quest bars. There all pretty good tho

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
quest is good, but you need to **** with it to make it go down easy, usually a few seconds in the microwave, or half the drive on my dashboard of my car softens them up nicely.

fortiFX are nice too, they have a real cookie bottom, which just crumbles in my mouth. they just need to expand and have more than 3 flavors.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

How is the waffle compared to the other flavors? The PB pretzel twist and pb&j are both incredible

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
I've got to chime in on this.
I think no other protein bar on the market compares to quest, for both nutritional profile and taste.
And no, I am not a rep for quest or any other company just an informed consumer.

Peace

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The chocoalte waffle flavor is bomb. My top 3 are waffle, caramel, and pb&j.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Coop, you should try the peanut butter cup, and banana nut muffin, both are ridiculously good!

Peace

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
How often should one eat a protein bar? I'm looking online now at the nutrient value of the quest bars and I really like the profile but wonder would one a day be to much as part of your daily diet or are they better off as a in a quick rush meal because I can see how spending 20 bucks every 12 days can really add up. Also forgive me for not really being informed on what sugar alcohol is but will the 5g of it in the quest bars cause any unwanted health issues?
Eat it when it's best for you and you don't have access to food. For example, rather than buying candy at the movie theater, bring a quest bar.

No health concerns

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
How often should one eat a protein bar? I'm looking online now at the nutrient value of the quest bars and I really like the profile but wonder would one a day be to much as part of your daily diet or are they better off as a in a quick rush meal because I can see how spending 20 bucks every 12 days can really add up. Also forgive me for not really being informed on what sugar alcohol is but will the 5g of it in the quest bars cause any unwanted health issues?
Im not a fan of sugar alcohols...5g isnt bad, but if you are sensitive to them they can certainly cause some bloating/stomach discomfort so my advice would be avoid them before workout thats bout it though..other than that its just a convenience or preference thing as far as when or how often to consume. Like I said in the opening of the thread, I have about 1 or 2 a week..rarely any more than that

H

hsk

Awards
  • Established
+1 for Quest bars also. My favorite is Strawberry Cheescake, but I also like the rest of the natural line which includes Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Rolls, Lemon Cream Pie, and Coconut Cashew. For those who are watching your sodium intake, the Strawberry Cheesecake only has 105mg of sodium per bar which is one of the main reasons it is my favorite. As another poster mentioned, these are a bit on the hard and chewy side so whenever possible I try to warm them up in the microwave for approximately 15 seconds to soften them up a bit. I treat these more as a snack/mrp when healthier options may not be available or when I am short on time and don't have time to prepare a proper meal. If i know I'll be out all day, I'll usually throw 2-3 of these in my bag along with my shaker and a container with a few servings of protein powder. When I need to eat, I'll mix a shake with 25 grams of protein and then eat one of these bars. For something improvised and on the go, the overall macros aren't that bad. That being said, I would always prefer a real meal whenever possible.

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
+1 for Quest bars also. My favorite is Strawberry Cheescake, but I also like the rest of the natural line which includes Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Rolls, Lemon Cream Pie, and Coconut Cashew. For those who are watching your sodium intake, the Strawberry Cheesecake only has 105mg of sodium per bar which is one of the main reasons it is my favorite. As another poster mentioned, these are a bit on the hard and chewy side so whenever possible I try to warm them up in the microwave for approximately 15 seconds to soften them up a bit. I treat these more as a snack/mrp when healthier options may not be available or when I am short on time and don't have time to prepare a proper meal. If i know I'll be out all day, I'll usually throw 2-3 of these in my bag along with my shaker and a container with a few servings of protein powder. When I need to eat, I'll mix a shake with 25 grams of protein and then eat one of these bars. For something improvised and on the go, the overall macros aren't that bad. That being said, I would always prefer a real meal whenever possible.
Absutely agree on the real meal and these as simlpy a snack, sort of go to in a hurry healtier option.

And, guess I just have to give the quest bars a try..way too many favorable ppinoons. In taste though, are they even remotely as good as Supreme or Oh Yeah?

H

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Absutely agree on the real meal and these as simlpy a snack, sort of go to in a hurry healtier option.

And, guess I just have to give the quest bars a try..way too many favorable ppinoons. In taste though, are they even remotely as good as Supreme or Oh Yeah?
With protein bars such as Supreme or Oh Yeah, I like to think of them as high protein candy bars and candy bars are meant to taste good. As for the Quest bars, considering the nutritional profile of the Quest bars, yes they taste good, but not candy bar good. One thing to keep in mind though is that taste is subjective. But IMO they are definitely worth trying. There is a site that sells the bars individually, so you could always order one of each flavor you would like to try and see for yourself without having to buy a whole box of one flavor.

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
With protein bars such as Supreme or Oh Yeah, I like to think of them as high protein candy bars and candy bars are meant to taste good. As for the Quest bars, considering the nutritional profile of the Quest bars, yes they taste good, but not candy bar good. One thing to keep in mind though is that taste is subjective. But IMO they are definitely worth trying. There is a site that sells the bars individually, so you could always order one of each flavor you would like to try and see for yourself without having to buy a whole box of one flavor.
Totally understood...but tasting like a 15-30g candy bar is whats so awesome about them lol

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Protein bars are convient I think. Especially if bulking. Who doesn't want to have a tasty candy bar treat and get a good amount of protein and carbs. Shoot sometimes I go 2 Supreme protein bars and 12oz of milk.

Not a waste of money at all.
Not "especially" instead "only" if your bulking. 500 calories in 4 bites with 120 of them calories from protein. Protein bars are only good if your a hardgainer and like braggin about how much money you can spend, id rather spend 50 cents on a can of tuna

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Instead of protein bars spend $1 on 2 tuna cans and another dollar on a 3 muskateers bar. Thats still cheaper than any 30+ protein bar and probably less calories considering most of them have about 20 grams of fat an 40 grams of carbs which probably dont come from good sources.

Who can argue for a spending money on a protein bar i can counter argue that with a better alternative

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Instead of protein bars spend $1 on 2 tuna cans and another dollar on a 3 muskateers bar. Thats still cheaper than any 30+ protein bar and probably less calories considering most of them have about 20 grams of fat an 40 grams of carbs which probably dont come from good sources.

Who can argue for a spending money on a protein bar i can counter argue that with a better alternative
Personal preference

If I were to do tuna I'd toss in a bag or 3 of skittles or a payday lol

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Not everyone carries a can opener in their back pocket...well I don't at least.

So ill stick with the protein bars when out and in a hurry.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quest Bars have to be the best bars on the market and when you nuke them for 10 seconds out of
the wrapper they are even more tastier. The quality of the protein and the amount of fiber each bar has
can't be beat.

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
Looked for these now famous Quest bars tonight as I was needing fuel fast...no luck yet. However, I have been enlightened and now am armed with this powerful new information that will be the defining factor in my bringing sexy back into the New Years...I wont be stopppped!¡!¡ Im on a Quest...soo lame but couldnt help it

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
I tried PB&J quest bar. Not bad! But if I wanted a PB&J I would make one. I usually try to curve my non existent sweet tooth with like the chocolate kind, or the cinnamon bun swirl!

C

cellmasss

Awards
Parrillo protein bars are bar none the cleanest i have had. All of his products are very clean and taste great!!! I highly recommend the 50/50 plus organge cream.

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
I tried PB&J quest bar. Not bad! But if I wanted a PB&J I would make one. I usually try to curve my non existent sweet tooth with like the chocolate kind, or the cinnamon bun swirl!
I wish I had a non existent sweet tooth

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I am not a big fan of protein bars but if I had to choose one I would say Quest. Also try heating it up for 3 seconds before eating it...it's pure nom nom :)But eat 2 of them in one day and you will lose 3lbs by in matter of minutes

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
A newer one I like is power crunch. No sugar alcohols. My kids eat em for breakfast

pampers938

pampers938

Awards
Try true bar com I think is the name. Create your own bar and reasonably priced.

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
Ive never heard of most of these brands til this thread...good info guys

T

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just tried the Quest bar new flavor banana nut muffin and it was pretty good but I am
sure when I nuke it for 10 seconds it will be even better. They all taste better once you
nuke them for 10 or 12 seconds and the ingredient profile is excellent.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Quest, hands down

B

badctzn

Awards
Okay I think I've seen Quest bars in Walmart....never really thought about them much until this thread. Think I'll try 'em! How about Fortifex? Been thinking about trying them too.
As for whether protein bars are good or not for including in the diet I think it boils down to personal choice, schedule, etc. I don't eat them on a regular basis but I do eat them as sort of a meal replacement between my bigger meals. With my work schedule and being on the road a lot, I find it easy 2 pack food in my cooler that doesn't require heating up, etc.

Just my humble 3 cents