fibromyalgia

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%

We have been doing one of her meals a blended smoothie of mixed berries, oj, banana and cullucore supersport vanilla whey every day, so she probably wont have a problem doing a detox like that for a while especially if it helps

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.63%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

There is a movie you can watch about juice fasting called fat, sick and nearly dead. Its on Netflix or I'm sure the Web somewhere for free

Don't get mad about the name lol, I am not aiming the title at your wife, it is simply a good movie about how juice fasting helped quite a few people with their different ailments.

- Valdez
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%

Ha no worries! I see its on the streaming for nextflix we will watch it this weekend!
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bono1132 View Post
    Ha no worries! I see its on the streaming for nextflix we will watch it this weekend!
    It's actually a pretty cool documentary
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.63%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    It's actually a pretty cool documentary
    More in common huh???? Lol

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78%

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

More in common huh???? Lol

- Valdez
    You got it Mang Haha
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.71%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

If you go the 5HTP route, I suggest methyl folate, p-5-p, and methylcobalamin as ancillaries. You'll have to play around with the doses of each to find the sweet spot.

Check out iHerb reviews for a product called Fibroboost...tons of glowing reviews on it.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%

We picked up some CoQ10 and 5-htp to give it a shot but I'll look into some of the other stuff you recommend, grocery shoppin tomorrow!! Kale chips here we come!
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.63%

We picked up some CoQ10 and 5-htp to give it a shot but I'll look into some of the other stuff you recommend, grocery shoppin tomorrow!! Kale chips here we come!
    Good for you guys!!!! Good luck man! Keep us updated!

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez

Good for you guys!!!! Good luck man! Keep us updated!

- Valdez
    Will do! Seriously thanks for the help everyone! Gonna start a paleo diet while she is detoxing for a week or two... If anything it'll keep me lean durring football season!
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I would do a raw organic juice fast for a couple weeks and try some other detox methods
    I forgot to mention - part way through I did a thorough detox of the colon and the rest of the body. I used the herbal program called Colonix for a full month and every saturday did a vegetable juice fast. This combined with the above helped a lot.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78%

Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post

I forgot to mention - part way through I did a thorough detox of the colon and the rest of the body. I used the herbal program called Colonix for a full month and every saturday did a vegetable juice fast. This combined with the above helped a lot.
    It really should be a life style change. No more harsh chemical soaps shampoos detergents dryer sheets lotions etc etc. Most conventional cosmetic products are full of toxins.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%

Def just gotta do whatever has to be done. I spent most my day making up food for us for the next few days, looking up info so we can both do a detox, we've had a very paleo day of chicken and fish and lots of fruits and greens
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78%

Def just gotta do whatever has to be done. I spent most my day making up food for us for the next few days, looking up info so we can both do a detox, we've had a very paleo day of chicken and fish and lots of fruits and greens
    Excellent man best to both of you!
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%

Four days of paleo... Four days of absolutely no breads, fried or frozen foods. We both feel awesome... But I must confess I won't say no to rolls at Christmas dinner
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.63%

Re: fibromyalgia

Four days of paleo... Four days of absolutely no breads, fried or frozen foods. We both feel awesome... But I must confess I won't say no to rolls at Christmas dinner
    I'm getting ready to try Paleo for athletes out for a while I think... Its basically how I eat now anyways lol!

Just wanted to update you that I read a recent study on glutamine helping with Fibromyalgia. If you read up a little on glutamine its a pretty kick ass supplement.

Just bulk glutamine keep us updated I'm hoping the best for your situation.

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Thanks mate...good info....
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%

I know its been forever, but my wife got put on cymbalta, weve kept our diets tight, shes lot a few pounds and feels better than she has in a long long time. Shes taking magnesium, coq10, creatine, fish oil, 5htp, womens multis, and a lot of good nutrition. I also had her take reduce xt for a while and she really enjoywd that, now she's taking very low doses of fat smack cus it came with my condense and shes really doing great on that! Plus we finally have warm weather again (stupid Indiana) so the grill is back full force! Thanks for the support guys! It helped me get a game plan goin for her, most days she's feeling great!
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I know its been forever, but my wife got put on cymbalta, weve kept our diets tight, shes lot a few pounds and feels better than she has in a long long time. Shes taking magnesium, coq10, creatine, fish oil, 5htp, womens multis, and a lot of good nutrition. I also had her take reduce xt for a while and she really enjoywd that, now she's taking very low doses of fat smack cus it came with my condense and shes really doing great on that! Plus we finally have warm weather again (stupid Indiana) so the grill is back full force! Thanks for the support guys! It helped me get a game plan goin for her, most days she's feeling great!
    I am going to extract you for your enthusiasm and make the next great stim
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.69%

Has she tried klonopin?I do not know the science behind it,but it is the single most effective medication for people with CFS/Fibromyalgia.
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Conagher View Post

Has she tried klonopin?I do not know the science behind it,but it is the single most effective medication for people with CFS/Fibromyalgia.
    They had her try lyria first and she had terrible side effects, cymbalta seems to do the trick and it also replaces her anti depression meds. Shes been on it a couple months now along with all the other supps I've had her trying, especially the magnesium (and mcc), shes felt better than she has in years!
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.69%

They had her try lyria first and she had terrible side effects, cymbalta seems to do the trick and it also replaces her anti depression meds. Shes been on it a couple months now along with all the other supps I've had her trying, especially the magnesium (and mcc), shes felt better than she has in years!
    That is great news!Fibromyalgia is very hard to treat and it is good when a sufferer can find something that works for them.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Conagher View Post

That is great news!Fibromyalgia is very hard to treat and it is good when a sufferer can find something that works for them.
    It's been a bad few years, things are looking up! Its a life long change but I'll do my best to make sure she's kicking its ass!
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78%

Did she ever do a hardcore detox? glutathione might be something to add too.
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%

Did she ever do a hardcore detox? glutathione might be something to add too.
    Yes she did, I agrre with what you suggested she def needed it! I've spent a lot of time researching how messed up our nutrients have become here in 'merica, its shocking how little things like iodine we get in what people consider a normal diet, and how screwed up our thyroids and adrenal glands are because of the crap we eat. Diet and nutrition is more exhausting than lifting! I'll look into glutathione for sure!
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.71%

Glad to hear of her good progress! With my wife's ulcerative colitis, I always kept the mindset that if I kept learning..something better might be around the next corner in terms of treatment or even a cure. We never got that far, but we did reduce the symptoms considerably.
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%

It's been a long ass time but if anyone cares to know, wife was on 60 mg cymbalta for the last year or so with good results, we decided late last year that was time to work on make a baby, then the doctor told us about possible birth defects they are finding new so she's now trying to taper off and not going well at all. They wanted her on 120mg doses but there's like no insurance that'll pay for that kinda dosage so cold only do 60, we have had extremely clean diets and have done multiple detoxes, also been running green mag, 3g fish oil, coq10, lclt, 5htp, b complex, and a little additional magnesium and even though she needed a much higher dosage of her medicine this has kept symptoms (especially the restless leg syndrome) very manageable up to this point . also found out last month she has developed pcos(her sisters have it too so they've given get ultrasounds every couple years) so they started her on metformin and pre natal vitamins and I got her on 5 grams inositol a day and its helping a lot, hers isn't past the point of being treatable thankfully. So just posting in case anyone ever needs a little help with this like I did! We eat mostly lean meat and veggies every meal, no soda, very few sweets, carbs come from fruits and whole grains like Ezekiel toast for bfast(though this winter is driving me crazy, it's been way to cold out for too long this year in Indiana, **** needs to warm up so I can start grilling again! )
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.71%

Glad to hear she's getting some relief.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Weight training and Fibromyalgia
    By SamuraiSid in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 04:43 PM
  2. Looking for recommendation on fibromyalgia pain!
    By gabriellost in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 03:31 PM
  3. Please help me with Fibromyalgia!
    By gabriellost in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 06:02 PM
  4. fibromyalgia and guaifenesin
    By daniel35 in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 03:30 PM