Fenugreek supp useful for PCT

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I'm confused, are people using Fenugreek or Fenugreek Seed for PCT?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught
    I'm confused, are people using Fenugreek or Fenugreek Seed for PCT?
    The whole, powdered seed is the common form. When people say fenugreek, they probably mean the seed.

3. Gotcha, thanks for the clarification Dr. D

4. Diosgenin, extracted from the root of Wild Yam (Dioscorea villosa), has been reported to demonstrate tremendous opportunity for medical application. Vascular endothelial growth factor-A (VEGF-A) plays an important role in bone-related angiogenesis, a critical process occurring during bone formation and fracture healing. Here we examine whether diosgenin is able to induce VEGF-A expression as well as to promote angiogenesis in osteoblasts. For murine MC3T3-E1 preosteoblast-like cells, VEGF-A mRNA and protein expression appeared to be significantly elevated in response to diosgenin in a concentration-dependent fashion. Conditioned media prepared from cells treated with diosgenin induced strong angiogenic activity in either in vitro or ex vivo angiogenesis assay. Furthermore, diosgenin treatment increased the stability and activity of HIF-1{alpha} protein. Inhibition of HIF-1{alpha} activity by transfection with DN-HIF-1{alpha} significantly diminished diosgenin-mediated VEGF-A up-regulation. The use of pharmacological inhibitors or genetic inhibition revealed that both the PI3K/Akt and p38 signalling pathways were potentially required for diosgenin-induced HIF-1 activation and subsequent VEGF-A up-regulation. Of interest, estrogen receptor binding assay revealed that diosgenin has the strong ability to replace [3H]-estradiol bind to estrogen receptor (IC(50):10 nM). In addition, the specific estrogen receptor antagonists ICI 182,780 and tamoxifen were noted to be able to strongly inhibit the diosgenin-induced src kinase-dependent Akt and p38 MAPK activation. Taken together, such results provide evidence that diosgenin up-regulates VEGF-A and promotes angiogenesis in preosteoblast-like cells by a HIF-1{alpha}-dependent mechanism involving the activation of src kinase, p38 MAPK and Akt signalling pathways via estrogen receptor.
    Email: pt [at] controlledlabs.com

5. pu12en12g!

I was unaware of the angiogenic effects. That is very interesting.
  6. Arrow Hijack...

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D

I was unaware of the angiogenic effects. That is very interesting.
    Dr.D, I made a thread with your name on it. Please look a few threads below this one..

Similar Forum Threads

1. supps used for studying
    By allday54 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 11:25 PM
  2. using fenugreek for pct? take it pwo!
    By OmarJackson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 11:31 PM
  3. Supp stack for pct:
    By justreading in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 05:00 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 07:52 PM
  5. Question about which type of tribulus to use for PCT....
    By bizzare_777 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 01:15 PM